What's new

Your own son walks into the room saying he is gay and transformed into Sailormoon. How do you react?

Sailorpizza

Family's ain't an issue. My dad is similar to me, my mom reacts to me getting a PhD by starting her own PhD so as to keep up in our degree race (I think she has five masters to my three, but no PhD yet) and my granddad, almost 90, saw more anime than most of SB and spends his time making Computer-Assisted Design. Seriously, this is such an irrelevant issue beyond buying a bit more food: my family makes SBers look sane. Friends? Half of them wouldn't care much. The other half would be rolling on the floor, laughing and pointing at me while using their breath to say that they knew such shit would happen to me, given the statistical unlikeliness that is my life.

No, the real issue is that if something from a magic-capable universe went to our own, it might very well happen again, and it would be criminally stupid to not get as much support as possible for the one and only asset available to face such potential problems. And because the real world ain't like comics, you'd better make bloody well sure the superhero/superheroine/whatever has a pretty good understanding of what kind of mess they can create and what not to do. Pointing at the 2003 Iraq War would make for nice starters: you demolish the bad guys without breaking a sweat and then... it gets so much worse for absolutely everyone involved despite all the available power.

In a civilized country, a magical vigilante has no room for vigiliantism. However, having full support from governmental organizations to counter interdimensional invaders with less-than-benevolent intentions? That can be budgeted. Particularly if the Magical Girl helps funding by, I dunno, using the game-breaking powers for otherwise-expensive jobs. But, yeah, so many massive problems could be avoided by simply not going out of one's way to be a colossal asshole. I mean, being a normal human being is as much of a game-breaker as having a smartphone in a horror movie, it just makes things work properly.
Oh and now you gotta watch out for many crazy magical attacks can damage cities.

Rufus Shinra

Oh and now you gotta watch out for many crazy magical attacks can damage cities.
Huh, duh. I seriously doubt there’s any reason to deploy a frakking Magical Girl in combat in the real world. That’s like breaking out the thermonuclear weaponry, doubly so for Sailor Moon. Get him/her/whatever an education and people to think about how to use effectively the powers for non-destructive things while preparing a response if something magical and hostile comes. But that’s way above my paygrade. It’s more Minister of Interior paygrade.

Sailorpizza

Huh, duh. I seriously doubt there’s any reason to deploy a frakking Magical Girl in combat in the real world. That’s like breaking out the thermonuclear weaponry, doubly so for Sailor Moon. Get him/her/whatever an education and people to think about how to use effectively the powers for non-destructive things while preparing a response if something magical and hostile comes. But that’s way above my paygrade. It’s more Minister of Interior paygrade.
So gotta tell him about rules for real life and at least you got a new guardian/bodyguard in your life.

Ravan

You're just minding your own business, enjoying your day, when suddenly your own 14 years old son from another parallel world walks right behind you and said i'm gay then he transformed into Sailormoon with magical abilities from the original manga/anime

his close friends are the Sailor Senshi/Scouts as well.

What happens now to your life?

Bonus scenario: You got the power of transforming into a fusion of Superman from dc's post-crisis and your avatar.
Well, outside the bonus scenario I’m terrified as fuck because the shit from that manga is bad news.

My avatar is a magic proof epic level d&d sorcerer (Rakshasa Rajadhiraja), so combined with superman I’m no longer terrified.

Beyond that, I warn him that Tuxedo Kamen is a jackass.

Sailorpizza

Well, outside the bonus scenario I’m terrified as fuck because the shit from that manga is bad news.

My avatar is a magic proof epic level d&d sorcerer (Rakshasa Rajadhiraja), so combined with superman I’m no longer terrified.

Beyond that, I warn him that Tuxedo Kamen is a jackass.
I understood and now you got a powerful son for many things in life like his birthday or holidays

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)