What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You vs Saltwater crocidiles

Crocodiles range from 10-20 feet in size. They aren't three paces away. I have no idea how you fucked up that sentence so badly.

;| The god damned OP's writing is damned potato then.

In that case, any retard could kill 30 crocs with some rifle ammo.

They aren't bullet proof, nor are they within dangerous distance.

They're animals.

No, his writing is fairly clear.

I beg to differ, OP's usually have to dictate distance, and the size of a croc can be assumed to be 'average'. Thus the 10-20 feet can be interpretted as distance.

Can he kill sixty, though? I have the impression this is supposed to be a gauntlet, even though it's not stated, and we don't know if he had enough ammo.

The crocs aren't going to rush you, and it's a mashland, so you'll have plenty of time to retreat and plink at them.

Assuming it's 'max ammo loadout you can carry', the average person could carry 200 rounds easy.

I'm not a great marksman, but hitting 20 foot reptiles with a rifle isn't going to be hard at any range barring 'fucking far'.

I beg to differ, OP's usually have to dictate distance, and the size of a croc can be assumed to be 'average'. Thus the 10-20 feet can be interpretted as distance.
10-20 ft is the average size for crocs (10 is high-end female length, 20 ft is high-end male length). Besides, who the hell says "X is between Y and Z ft" when talking about how far away something is? It's not only ridiculously uncommon, to the point where I'm almost certain I've never seen anyone use the phrase in that context, but also ungrammatical.

Assuming it's 'max ammo loadout you can carry', the average person could carry 200 rounds easy.
Do we have a reason to assume we're carrying several mags, though? That sounds like something unusual that would be pointed out in the (admittedly lacklustre) OP.

I also have my doubts about a couple of rounds disabling a croc, though it's not like I have good data on that issue.

Ah ha ha ha ha. You guys are being wayy too serious, this is clearly fictional, no one is gonna go to Africa specifically to get swarmed by gangs of over ten crocs at all so why bring 'realistic human abilities' into it? This is a fantasy survival scenario, we could have fun w/it and make jokes about how we all dead instead of arguing couldn't we?

Ah ha ha ha ha. You guys are being wayy too serious, this is clearly fictional, no one is gonna go to Africa specifically to get swarmed by gangs of over ten crocs at all so why bring 'realistic human abilities' into it? This is a fantasy survival scenario, we could have fun w/it and make jokes about how we all dead instead of arguing couldn't we?
Last time I checked, this forum was for arguing. If you want cool stories of FiCers killing deadly beasts then I direct you to the Creative forums.

Last time I checked, this forum was for arguing. If you want cool stories of FiCers killing deadly beasts then I direct you to the Creative forums.
I just wanna have fun with a creative scenario and you guys are aggressively barking about how 'retarded and stupid' everyone else is... for disagreeing w/u? Please argue better if you wanna 'use the forum for its intended purpose,' otherwise you are derailing the thread. @Sarcobite was very clear in his scenario, y'all are nitpicking. Am I arguing good enough yet?

I just wanna have fun with a creative scenario and you guys are aggressively barking about how 'retarded and stupid' everyone else is... for disagreeing w/u?
So far I haven't been hostile to you, yet here you are on a rant about how I'm bad because I used bad words.

I haven't called anyone dumb and retarded, merely the silly shit that has been said in this thread. Next time pay attention and please don't explode into outbursts of infantile rage.

Am I arguing good enough yet?
Stop acting like a petulant kid and maybe you will be.

So far I haven't been hostile to you, yet here you are on a rant about how I'm bad because I used bad words.

I haven't called anyone dumb and retarded, merely the silly shit that has been said in this thread. Next time pay attention and please don't explode into outbursts of infantile rage.
Calling what someone says dumb and retarded is the same thing. It came from their voices and you are choosing to basely, grossly insult rather than like... engage w/the 'argument?'

Using hostile language on purpose to call ppls out for 'bad arguments' is the same as attacking them personally, u are not just calling their arguments dumb, u are calling them personally dumb and i feel that's breaking the 'laws of debate' or whatevs.

Stop acting like a petulant kid and maybe you will be.
kay kay. i'll stop right meow. do you got anything to say that isn't defending yourself tho?

Calling what someone says dumb and retarded is the same thing. It came from their voices and you are choosing to basely, grossly insult rather than like... engage w/the 'argument?'

Using hostile language on purpose to call ppls out for 'bad arguments' is the same as attacking them personally, u are not just calling their arguments dumb, u are calling them personally dumb and i feel that's breaking the 'laws of debate' or whatevs.
Nope. Everyone can say stupid stuff without being stupid. Nobody is at 100% all the time.

If someone feels that an attack on their argument constitutes a personal attack on them, well, too bad.

do you got anything to say that isn't defending yourself tho?
I was having an argument with Zeno until you barged in to scold me over my language, actually.

P.S. 1+ for the pun

Nope. Everyone can say stupid stuff without being stupid. Nobody is at 100% all the time.

If someone feels that an attack on their argument constitutes a personal attack on them, well, too bad.
When you use actual slurs on ppls who have real disabilities I just feel it crosses a line. You right tho, no one is smart all the time.

And I'm sorry for 'barging in' would you like me to leave? I was just saying I feel if we wanna have 'arguments' then it would be nice if we didn't curse each other out. I'm not a mod tho, so obvs it's up to you. Sorry again.

I win in many ways.

I could fight. That is always a fun way to win. I only faced crocs in singles or pairs before, but I know a thing or two about how to do it right.

In this case I probably walk away. Maybe jog. African salt lakes are traditionally tiny and shallow, so I can just move away from there, and I can see where the crocs are since they cannot go very deep. The crocs can run after me, but they have a short sprint distance and can't travel very far away from their habitat on land. Since they are ambush predators, they won't stand much of a chance out in the open.

The final round just might be the easiest. Crocs are one of the things on my list of "stabbed with bayonet in self defense", so an actual spear makes things easier. :)

Sorry about the rest of you, but if you see me expect to hear "come with me if you want to live".

Sorry about the rest of you, but if you see me expect to hear "come with me if you want to live".
When you say that it makes me wanna say: Yes, definitely I'd follow you. I don't know if I really wanna live tho.

I have the odd feeling that the only ones who could survive in this situation would be a Floridian...

Of course, The Crocodiles would back away, and with good reasons. I've heard about what happens to reptilians over there. :p

The final round is easiest.
Else, I would just snipe from a platform.

Also, I throw in with Lerticus. He has experience.

If I had the right equipment I'd never go hungry again.

Back
Top Bottom