What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You Are Your Avatar; D&D Adventurer Edition

Flutters Is Shy

Light The Fire, It's Time to Write!
Author
Assuming I'm posting this in the right forum, let's get to it.

You've seen 'You Are Your Avatar' threads before, no doubt. Most of you even opening this page are only doing so out of curiosity instilled in you from participating in the other stated threads. I hope to add just a pinch of new spin to it for this to be worth your time.

You Are Your Avatar.

A rather broad generalization, and one that depending on ones choice of profile picture could end very badly, or overwhelmingly boring for the person in question.

So here's a couple 'rules'.

You may be your avatar, but;
1- If said avatar is 'Grogthar The God Emperor Of The Fifth Dimension' or similar, you are effectively starting at Level One. You may be able to grow into the full power of your avatar in a few years, decades or centuries, but for right now you start off at just more power and ability than your RL human form.
2- If said avatar is abstract to such a degree that you can't really 'become' it, say a picture of a landscape or a 'optical illusion'... You instead become infused with an aspect of said avatar, to your own specifications.
3- If said avatar is not realistically capable of surviving in a swords and sorcery element environment, your physical capabilities are raised to Level One. An avatar of say, a mouse would be given the lowest physical scores nessasary to stay alive at level one. You most likely have other traits useful for survival. Depend on them.
4- You will be able to grow stronger over time, but not unrealistically so. The DM might not be a sadist, but they believe in their players working for their EXP.

Second set of restrictions is thus. You do not stay on earth. You get a five minute warning that you are about to be transferred to a new world and transformed into your avatar, or an amalgamation thereof. Anything you're able to pick up and carry on your person at the time of transferral will be carried over with you, so prepare accordingly. You are being transferred to a swords and sorcery style locale, similar to anything you might encounter in a D&D game.

Third and lastly, you will be in a party of six adventurers. You are each given the same ultimatum. The world you're being sent to is going to be destroyed in fifty years. Find the Wizard of Green Leaves to be returned home. Nothing more, nothing less. These six individuals to their given parties will be chosen thusly. Each member who posts, will assign themselves to that slot. The first six will be one party, the next six another party, so on and so on.

Edit 1- If you post once, please preface any additional post you make with the line "I am already in a party'.

If you can create an interesting collection of groups, I might even manage to shake off my writing funk and pen you into a story.

Good Luck.

Op is Op

Hmm. Initially, I'd say that @Eliar would be a druid with some sort of beast form ability?

@Rufus Shinra ... Anthropomorphic duck man Artificer with slight resistance to blunt damage at level one, blunt damage nullification at level twenty.

Well...

I really want to participate in the RP, but considering my avatar...

Not really sure how well this will go if I participate.

Well...

I really want to participate in the RP, but considering my avatar...

Not really sure how well this will go if I participate.
*A bunny readies to hit Jakarta with the thread ban hammer if needed* 😛

ddc.png

Back
Top Bottom