What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you be willing to kill/die for your beliefs?

Is the OP looking for more of a debate/discussion on politics, or about mortality in general?

I think the only real answer that any of us not living in a repressive dictatorship or an active war zone can give is "I don't know", or possibly "I'd like to think so"

Did you spend some time trying to find an appropriate image where the anime characters had cat ears, but then gave up and just used this one?

Are you sort of pretending that the ribbons in the hair of the one in the back with the Skorpion are cat ears? (Particularly with the trans flag halter top and commie gun.)

Reactions: EiC
Did you spend some time trying to find an appropriate image where the anime characters had cat ears, but then gave up and just used this one?

Are you sort of pretending that the ribbons in the hair of the one in the back with the Skorpion are cat ears? (Particularly with the trans flag halter top and commie gun.)
Nope

I do not know about my political beliefs and I hope I never have to find out. But if given the choice between renouncing my faith and death I would refuse to renounce my beliefs.

Last edited:
In the face of danger, I would prioritize strategic retreat so that I would have chance to fight another day in a much, much more favorable condition.

I could, very well without hesitation, kill for my believes. I know not if I would be prepared to die for them, but I suspect that choice might not even be so far off.

I'd kill for self preservation of what I view is necessary, certainly. But risk my own neck? That'll be a very specific circumstance if life ever comes to that. My nature is to slip away from such things - ideally before the storm even hits. Is the old knee swelling from an imminent shitstorm? Time to pack the bags and emigrate.

which beliefs? What guarantees do I have that my death would be meaningful in either saving/advancing my beliefs? To what degree in both cases? Would it be slow and painful or quick and painless? Can I die when I'm old and have lived a long and full life and am sure in what I believe and value or do I have to do it tomorrow? If I kill someone - will I go to prison/get the death penalty? Is the person I'm killing innocent? If guilty, of what? Again, do I have guarantees that it will work? And again, to what degree? One person or more than one? Can I kill them in a detached and removed way, or do I have to stab them in the neck repeatedly?

Back
Top Bottom