What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Modern Why have this subsection?

Grimn

I seems to me that it might be more conducive to discussion to have one, more general history/alt-history subsection rather than have one just for alt-history which is then also broken up into subsections. Like, if I'd like to post a thread about some historical question then where should that go?

I didn't find any threads for suggestions either so I posted this here. But seriously, having too specific subsections while ignoring the more general ones doesn't seem like the way to go IMHO.

I'll think about changing it, my main idea was to try and get the AH crowd interested as I knew they had issues with the mods there.

Problem is I don't dare promote FiC there, seeing as their mods make SB/SV mods look like fluffy teddy bears.
Dude I literally post links to here on my AH profile and my stuff in the context of where people can find my shit when (not even if, but when) I get banned from there. So far no actions were taken against it at the moment.

And it's not like nobody looks at my stuff, if the likes given in that thread were any indication: https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...e-mirror-universe.453020/page-3#post-17847603

Dude I literally post links to here on my AH profile and my stuff in the context of where people can find my shit when (not even if, but when) I get banned from there. So far no actions were taken against it at the moment.

And it's not like nobody looks at my stuff, if the likes given in that thread were any indication: https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...e-mirror-universe.453020/page-3#post-17847603

Like I said before, I know in my head that posting links to FiC is not a problem but my gut clenches whenever I think of Ian, CalBear or even Burton. It's not rational, it's a visceral fear of being cut off from stuff like Cymraeg's fic or theg's timeline.

Like I said before, I know in my head that posting links to FiC is not a problem but my gut clenches whenever I think of Ian, CalBear or even Burton. It's not rational, it's a visceral fear of being cut off from stuff like Cymraeg's fic or theg's timeline.
Well, this is where you make a sockpuppet account and use that as an expendable tool...

There's a guy called Cymraeg? Neato.

There's a guy called Cymraeg? Neato.

He wrote an ASOIAF AU fiction called Robb Returns (ongoing) and one Buffy/Star Wars crossover called Jedi Harris and The Terran Jedi, though that's on hiatus right now.

I think he also had an alt-history book published, Fireflies of Port Stanley if I remembered correctly.

Back
Top Bottom