What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where did the edit button go?

Aaron Fox

SB's Minor Junker Descendant and Hunter of Nazis
Author
With the latest Xenoforo update, I see that the edit function is no longer there. What is the situation with that?

EDIT:
Actually did a time limit on editing pop up when we weren't looking because I'm seeing an edit button here but nowhere else...

With the latest Xenoforo update, I see that the edit function is no longer there. What is the situation with that?

EDIT:
Actually did a time limit on editing pop up when we weren't looking because I'm seeing an edit button here but nowhere else...
It's gone after 15 mins.

We had a bunch of spammers signing up and posting what looked like normal stuff, then a few days later coming back and editing in ads, allowing it to go un-noticed.

It's gone after 15 mins.

We had a bunch of spammers signing up and posting what looked like normal stuff, then a few days later coming back and editing in ads, allowing it to go un-noticed.
Oh, and I thought you put that in place because of me... :ROFLMAO:

Can be ability to edit posts given to certain accounts, or for certain posts?

Edits could be useful for creative writing.
We can allow it if there's a legitimate reason to edit older posts and requested...but it doesn't look like we have much in the way of fics for that.

Eh... I really don't like this. This is the sort of thing that means I'll probably be posting my fics here days after I post them elsewhere if at all simply because I tend to go over them repeatedly and catch errors to correct up to week or more after I've written them.

It would be nice to have an exception for the Creative Writing subforum.

Eh... I really don't like this. This is the sort of thing that means I'll probably be posting my fics here days after I post them elsewhere if at all simply because I tend to go over them repeatedly and catch errors to correct up to week or more after I've written them.

It would be nice to have an exception for the Creative Writing subforum.
Okie dokie.

I've added an "author" group" that should give you permissions to edit, can you check it's working? As then I can see about automating it so it only works if the user has a thread in CW and then adds the user to that group.

Okie dokie.

I've added an "author" group" that should give you permissions to edit, can you check it's working? As then I can see about automating it so it only works if the user has a thread in CW and then adds the user to that group.
Just tested it. It seems to be working. Thanks.

I mean, yeah it would be a good idea for anyone who posts in CW to be able to edit their own threads outside a 15 minute window, because errors are fairly common and usually they aren't caught or pointed out in the first 15 minutes.

Just tested it. It seems to be working. Thanks.

I mean, yeah it would be a good idea for anyone who posts in CW to be able to edit their own threads outside a 15 minute window, because errors are fairly common and usually they aren't caught or pointed out in the first 15 minutes.
Perhaps make it a group people can apply for? Publicly, even.

Perhaps make it a group people can apply for? Publicly, even.
Whatever @Horton thinks is best? I mean manually applying for the group would cut down on spammers more, but would be more work for the mods and might be annoying to users. I would suggest if done as manual application a preexisting story, fiction, or quest in CW be a requirement.

Last edited:
Ok, the author group should automatically add on cron, now lets leave it for a bit I think and things should start to work...

Can you extend it to the Technical Discussions on Fictional Worlds as well?
let me see if it auto adds you first

Ok, the author group should automatically add on cron, now lets leave it for a bit I think and things should start to work...
On cron? I'm not necessarily familiar with that term...

On cron? I'm not necessarily familiar with that term...
imagine automatic code that runs depending on the time set, ie every hour or every day or every min.

It appears to be, I woke up this morning to see that we have people marked as authors.
Does it require you make a post/thread after the change?

I have posts/threads in CW and I haven't been tagged with it.

Does it require you make a post/thread after the change?

I have posts/threads in CW and I haven't been tagged with it.
Ah, I've looked at the respiratory and it checks to if you're already promoted, if you've been promoted in the past, it thinks you are now and doesn't do it, let me try and edit the DB...

Back
Top Bottom