What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are your favorite mature/adult animated films?

razer666L

To be honest for me, there are two films. First is Anomalisa (2015) because of how it's one of the most beautiful stop-motion animation film and also a reflective, yet ironically, most human movie I've seen in a while. Not to mention how it's so relatable to me. If you have ever struggled with depression, loneliness or have been stuck in the abnormality of a current state of living, the film may hit some very real chords with you.

Second is The Red Turtle (2016) because of how the film is visually stunning and gorgeous, as well as conceptually intriguing. Even the score is incredible and at times it really flooded me with emotions. The absence of dialogue works for this movie and in a way make this fantastic story more real. Words seem unnecessary as the story develops.

To be honest for me, there are two films. First is Anomalisa (2015) because of how it's one of the most beautiful stop-motion animation film and also a reflective, yet ironically, most human movie I've seen in a while. Not to mention how it's so relatable to me. If you have ever struggled with depression, loneliness or have been stuck in the abnormality of a current state of living, the film may hit some very real chords with you.

Second is The Red Turtle (2016) because of how the film is visually stunning and gorgeous, as well as conceptually intriguing. Even the score is incredible and at times it really flooded me with emotions. The absence of dialogue works for this movie and in a way make this fantastic story more real. Words seem unnecessary as the story develops.

Most of Satoshi Kon's movies qualifies for me, though I prefer Tokyo Godfathers. It's a very beautiful film with protagonists that aren't usually represented in society.

There's also Heavy Metal. That was a shocker the first time I saw it.

Back
Top Bottom