What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What’s with the lack of people here?

Website's only been around for a few months...

A place to bitch n whine about the vagaries of SB and SV basically. Convenient place of exile for the banned ones, although some people have managed to get banned even here despite the looser standards, well for a quantity of looser, admitadly.

More or less the place SB was before the current crop of anal retentive rules and obsessive adherence to them made it what it is today.

A place to bitch n whine about the vagaries of SB and SV basically. Convenient place of exile for the banned ones, although some people have managed to get banned even here despite the looser standards, well for a quantity of looser, admitadly.

More or less the place SB was before the current crop of anal retentive rules and obsessive adherence to them made it what it is today.
I got a friend. Pretty good at homebrewing and someone who helped me beta. Can I invite?

So I got invited here. So what's the criteria?

Cause... it's really deserted here.
Thought you were active and could help the forum

Really though it's because my memory is limited and you were one from the top of my head

QQ was pretty deserted near the start tbh

Sooner or later, this seems to happen with every web community - some people break away and form their own party with blackjack and hookers, and then eventually people in the new party go off and form their own, etc, etc, etc. Websites get too big, or someone claims 'overmoderation', or this that or the other thing happens, and a group moves on and on and on it goes. Seen it happen several times myself.

What this place lacks in traffic, it makes up in charm, IMO. I think having the official artwork being the 'Carbonite Cafe' is quite apt, as the small size gives it more of a communal feel.

SB's best for military and fiction discussions, SV's best for political and philosophical discussions, and this place is best for hanging out.

The smaller size is what made me intrigued - a website like SB is big, which is good for fic exposure (hence why I posted it there), but it's too big to actually have discussions on, IMO.

Yeah SB so big that each subforums are so insular from each other with their own distinctive userbase. I can't imagine people like Qinetiq or Alamo going anywhere Vs debates.

It's just such a new forum that not that many people know it's around. Just finding the site in Google was frustrating at first.

But at the moment? A smaller, more relaxed community from SB and SV which also happens to be a haven for disgruntled SB members, banned members and another place for still active members on those sites to pay a visit to.

Back
Top Bottom