What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warthunder!

C

Celene

hello! this is a thread for fans and players of the free to play online game Warthunder!

Never heard of it before. What's the plot of it?

Never heard of it before. What's the plot of it?

Its a primarily WW2 themed (Although later tiers are korean war and up) game where you play as planes, tanks, helicopters, or boats/ships, and fight other players in teams.

Fighting German armoured cars in a Char B1 is suffering.

Fuck, the French tree itself makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

Which armoured car? The Squeezebore one?

To be fair, the bigger threat is the 75mm HEAT rounds.

That may be the one.

Last time I played, there always seemed to be at least four on their team.

Honestly I don't find that many of the squeezebore trucks.

If you see anything with a high velocity gun, run. XD

It's been years since I've played Warthunder... and I've been thinking of getting back into the game again...

Some things to note.

Allied planes are ludicrously superior in general in higher tiers, 3.7 and such are pretty balanced, with some of the German planes being very good.

Russian tanks thoughout the tiers are pretty much top notch, with America being OP at the endgame. German tanks are glass cannons most of the time.

Boats are a shitshow, with all kinds of messed up balance, such as Russia having superior AA guns to Germany. MFW.

Some things to note.

Allied planes are ludicrously superior in general in higher tiers, 3.7 and such are pretty balanced, with some of the German planes being very good.

Russian tanks thoughout the tiers are pretty much top notch, with America being OP at the endgame. German tanks are glass cannons most of the time.

Boats are a shitshow, with all kinds of messed up balance, such as Russia having superior AA guns to Germany. MFW.
Man, that is far better than when I first started out way back on my Vista machine. A lot better than Wargaming's World of X bullshit from the looks of it...

Man, that is far better than when I first started out way back on my Vista machine. A lot better than Wargaming's World of X bullshit from the looks of it...

Also to note is that Bombers are fucking USELESS, unless they're very fast and heavily armed, such as the German late tier bombers.

B-17 and B-29 are just free money for german interceptors.

Also to note is that Bombers are fucking USELESS, unless they're very fast and heavily armed, such as the German late tier bombers.

B-17 and B-29 are just free money for german interceptors.
We need informative likes at this point...
What faction did ya play way back then?
Primarily German/Italian with some US.

Primarily German/Italian with some US.

German planes up to around 5.0 are very competitive, if not superior to their peers (some exceptions like P 47's fighting F series 109's, early P 51's being super good at low altitiudes, and FW 190's being meh).

Italians, I can't speak for them, but they tend to be pretty meh, with some good planes mixed in.

US planes can be hit and miss, but once you reach super-props, you can stomp everything, and outturn any jet which outruns you.

Honestly I don't find that many of the squeezebore trucks.

If you see anything with a high velocity gun, run. XD
Facing Pumas on the B1 is a nightmare. The 47mm gun is completely fucking useless.

I also hate that in naval you have to use shitty PT boats until you get to destroyers, and when you get to destroyers they're elderly and ugly WW1/interwar museum pieces until you get something actually decent like the Fletcher class ships. Pre-WW2 tanks have their charms and are much more tolerable to play and grind trough, but having to grind those useless little ships until I get to what I actually want to play feels like a chore.

Facing Pumas on the B1 is a nightmare. The 47mm gun is completely fucking useless.

Pumas are lightly armoured, hit them in the turret to knock out their gun, then slap a 75mm into their hull to finish them off.

Pumas are lightly armoured, hit them in the turret to knock out their gun, then slap a 75mm into their hull to finish them off.
Hahaha! With the 47 everything is possible. I shot a Puma point blank on the hull and it bounced clean off. And good luck hiting anything that isn't stationary with the 75.

Hahaha! With the 47 everything is possible. I shot a Puma point blank on the hull and it bounced clean off. And good luck hiting anything that isn't stationary with the 75.

That's bizzare, the Puma has very thin armour, it's an armoured car after all.

I guess if you see a Puma, run? XD

I haven't played Warthunder in a while... mostly because of too many idiots playing with USSR vehicles... although some of the suggestions that I've seen include the Corellion using a 5.5cm AA gun instead of 3cm or 3.7cm guns...

I haven't played Warthunder in a while... mostly because of too many idiots playing with USSR vehicles... although some of the suggestions that I've seen include the Corellion using a 5.5cm AA gun instead of 3cm or 3.7cm guns...

Russian vehicles are only OP in very specific BR's IMO.

Early tier, they aren't that bad, excluding the premium T-35.

Mid tier, the T-34's aren't too hard to beat, and the IS2's hull is made of paper.

Late tier, the early MBT's stomp latewar vehicles, but their later MBT's are stomped by American ones.

A very good game, which has the merit of being free. If some people ask the question, paying will provide more experience, (more) more planes, but will not give any advantage in a fight.
There is something for everyone and for all levels

Back
Top Bottom