What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warhammer 40k General Thread

Lord Inquisitor Adornable

The Community Outreach Mod
Given there's a whole lot of Space Battlers here I think we'll be in need of a 40k general thread sooner or later. I might as well start it myself.

To start things off I'd like to ask everyone what their favorite piece of 40k media is. I personally can't decide between Dawn of War: Winter Assault (What introduced me to the franchise), and Gaunt's Ghost's third novel Necropolis. Which I just think is one of the best fictional depictions of the horrors war in media. If you haven't already guessed I'm a Guard player.

I've only ever been exposed to the DoW games sans 3 since I don't plan on playing that. Never read the books or codices or any other material. Hard to afford stuff like that when your a broke college student.
You can find a lot of Warhammer material on the web, usually pdfs. I know it's not the same as an actual book, but it's there.

Hell, I could share over 50+(haven't counted) books with everyone here within ten seconds. But power comes at a price.

Last edited:
You can find a lot of Warhammer material on the web, usually pdfs. I know it's not the same as an actual book, but it's there.

Hell, I could share over 50+(haven't counted) books with everyone here within ten seconds. But power comes at a price.
That sounds like something that is legally dubious, not really something I'd want on the site as it could cause me legal problems

I quite enjoy Dawn of War 2: Retribution, mostly because I can play the Tyranids, and how it seems more like a tabletop game.

I love the novel A Thousand Sons. Due to it covering my favorite Traitor legion.

Last edited:
Thousands For Life Bitches.

But my favorite 40k novels are the Eisenhorn and Ravenor Trilogies, they were dope as fuck and I'm glad I put down 150$ to have them physically.

Favorite game so far is the Dawn of War II, I play arena with my friends to this day.

What are your opinions on "If the emperor had a text-to-speech device?"

It's Crack so pure it can even affect the Doomrider.
That is factually incorrect. If the Emperor had a Text-to-Speech Device is a popular web series, not a part on the surface of an object.

To those who play tabletop, what faction(s) do you use; to those who don't, what faction(s) would you play?

To me my favourite piece of 40k's vast franchise is most likely is Gaunt's Ghost's necropolis. To me that novel, as well as the rest of the series, would forever shape my view and conception of 40k.

EDIT:

Back in 6th/7th I dabbed on chaos space marines. It wasn't a really funny affair, specially as I had next to no budget. During the end of seventh I managed to get a decent eldar army, because I liked their mobility shenanigans (I also really liked the variety of units so I never had two of the same unit).

Now that I am considering a return to 40k I think I will go for an admech force. I've always liked the Martian Cult's lore and the range, now that both micro factions got welded together, is pretty decent.

Of course, this all hinges on Orktober being a bust and me being unable to get a satisfactory mad-max army. Which I doubt it will be the case so I guess I will WAAAGH! soon.

Last edited:
My fave? Hmmm... Hmmm... Vulkan's book on the basis its limited edition version is sexy as all hell for a book :whistle::coffee:

My favorite media in the franchise are the Cain novels... which really colored my perception on the franchise.

You know, more campaigns need to be set in M35 and M36. So much interesting shit happens there.

For anyone who hasn't read them yet, I can highly recommend the Last Chancers series of books. The penal legions are fascinating.

For anyone who hasn't read them yet, I can highly recommend the Last Chancers series of books. The penal legions are fascinating.

Last chancers are a good series from Old 40k-hammer. And thankfully they took less than Abnet's Ghosts. The shift between editions, specially with warmaster, gets JARRING.

Back
Top Bottom