What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

War in Ukraine

Frankly no, you don't.

@folti literally demonstrated you misrepresented the article's point.

And everyone here noticed it, among other things. Hence @Rabe's reaction.
What was folti's post? I haven't taken him off ignore yet

What was folti's post? I haven't taken him off ignore yet
Pointed out how our portuguese fan of Russia was deliberately misreading his sources to pretend Russia is doing great economically.

In other news, I just learned from another place why exactly Egypt bought more Duckies and cancelled their Su-35 order. Apparently, during an exercise where Russian Su-35 were acting as the opposing side, the Egyptian Duckies utterly negated the Sukhoi's radar with their onboard EW suite. Sources are a bit sparse on this, but consistent. Not too surprising, the Russian electronics aren't exactly top-notch, so the combination of inferior quality, low availability (Russia needs all its production for itself), sanctions and uncompetitive prices looks to be really hurting Russian miltech exports.

Oh noes, nuclear war is gonna happen now! Macron just announced we'll send Mirage 2000-5 to the Ukes.

macron-just-announced-france-gonna-supply-mirage-2000-5-to-v0-lywouw84yz4d1.webp

Hey, @Paulo Brito, your beloved master established a low-end estimate of Russia's monthly losses, barely two days ago, source: http://kremlin.ru/events/president/news/74223

To quote ISW's analysis of his words:

Putin absurdly claimed on June 5 that Ukrainian forces suffer 50,000 casualties per month and that half of these are wounded in action (WIA) and the other half is killed in action (KIA). Putin then claimed that Ukrainian forces have a five-to-one "irretrievable loss" rate compared to Russian forces (Russian and Ukrainian sources typically use "irretrievable losses" to refer to KIA losses, although select sources do use the term to refer to limited WIA losses). Putin's statements suggest that Russian forces are roughly suffering 5,000 KIA per month (25,000 Ukrainian KIA to 5,000 Russian KIA). Putin's statements are an exaggeration and there is no indication that Ukrainian losses are as high as Putin claims. Nevertheless, Putin was willing to suggest that Russian forces suffer at least a fifth of his exaggerated Ukrainian KIA claim.

He claims Ukraine is having 25000 KIA per month (lol) and when doing so acknowledges Russian losses of at least 5000 KIA per month. As you yourself said, everyone lies about claims they make about the enemy losses, but there's little reason to overestimate one's own losses, rather the reverse. So at the very least 5000 privates conscriptovich killed every month, which is a huge lol in terms of incompetence. They get every month at least as many KIA as the US got in Vietnam... every year. Or 50 % more than the entire NATO losses in Afghanistan over two decades. What a bunch of noobs.

Hey, @Paulo Brito, your beloved master established a low-end estimate of Russia's monthly losses, barely two days ago, source: http://kremlin.ru/events/president/news/74223

To quote ISW's analysis of his words:

He claims Ukraine is having 25000 KIA per month (lol) and when doing so acknowledges Russian losses of at least 5000 KIA per month. As you yourself said, everyone lies about claims they make about the enemy losses, but there's little reason to overestimate one's own losses, rather the reverse. So at the very least 5000 privates conscriptovich killed every month, which is a huge lol in terms of incompetence. They get every month at least as many KIA as the US got in Vietnam... every year. Or 50 % more than the entire NATO losses in Afghanistan over two decades. What a bunch of noobs.
Eh. You can't compare Vietnam or Afghanistan to Ukraine war.

I'm more concerned about this. There ... Shouldn't be any reason why naval and aerial drones should threaten a naval base.
Either the Ukranians are very good, which ehhh, or the Russians are staggeringly incapable.

Eh. You can't compare Vietnam or Afghanistan to Ukraine war.

I'm more concerned about this. There ... Shouldn't be any reason why naval and aerial drones should threaten a naval base.
Either the Ukranians are very good, which ehhh, or the Russians are staggeringly incapable.
They are staggeringly incapable. Haven't you noticed how they lost most of their local naval forces to a country without a navy? Or how they have put their 'world famous' Integrated Air Defense Systems around these naval bases, then still get pwned in it by the Ukes.

As for comparing Vietnam or Afghanistan to Ukraine, I agree, it's too generous for the Russians: this should have been compared to 1991 Iraq in terms of shock and awe combined with armour push. Except it ended up with shitty WW1 cosplay.

To the best of my knowledge Russia has never won a major naval engagement with anything even resembling a peer power since the 18th Century and the victories then were all under one admiral. In fact they have traditionally been seen as utterly incompetent in terms of naval warfare.

To the best of my knowledge Russia has never won a major naval engagement with anything even resembling a peer power since the 18th Century and the victories then were all under one admiral. In fact they have traditionally been seen as utterly incompetent in terms of naval warfare.
This is why I almost hope Japan is ballsy enough to go try to take back the Kurils from Russia, and Russia is stupid enough to resist. Would be funny to see Russia trying to overextend itself similar to Hitler going to war against the USSR late in the war lmaooo

I saw the video. The acting is so bad it will probably give some ideas for Ridley Scott's next project. 🤣

Really that bad ??

Really that bad ??

Yep. That dude had the accent of somebody who knows little of French or isn't used to speak it frequently (which would not be the case of an actual Frenchman, or anyone who has ever lived in France most/part of his life). Plus, how convienent to have a camera at the right time and place, or the fact that they barely kicked the guy and made sure not to show his face. 🙃

Judging by the accent, I'd say the actor is definitely from eastern Europe and he definitely hasn't lived in France.

Last edited:
Well, found OEC's treemap of Russia's export for 2022.

1000012651.jpg

Compared to Malaysia in the same year.

1000012649.jpg

Kinda surprised they only exported around $486 billion. I mean Malaysia is not one of the larger economies but even we managed to put around $378 billion.

Well, found OEC's treemap of Russia's export for 2022.

View attachment 7124

Compared to Malaysia in the same year.

View attachment 7125

Kinda surprised they only exported around $486 billion. I mean Malaysia is not one of the larger economies but even we managed to put around $378 billion.
You don't get it. According to @Paulo Brito, we don't understand how well-developped, balanced and healthy Russia's economy is.

Back
Top Bottom