What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USA Government Shutdown and "National Emergency"

TheHappyVampire

Trump signs border deal, averting shutdown

President Trump on Friday signed a spending package to avert another government shutdown, his top spokeswoman said.

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told reporters Trump approved the measure on Friday afternoon in the executive mansion. Reporters were not on hand to witness the bill signing.

The move came hours after Trump announced during a freewheeling, 50-minute news conference that he is declaring a national emergency to bypass Congress and obtain $8 billion for his long-desired border wall, a move that triggered a major legal showdown with Democrats.
The USA government shutdown situation is over, for now. Also, President Donald Trump has announced a national emergency to get the border funding he so desires. Such a move is hitting a lot of opposition from many sides.

I got to say, Nancy Pelosi did really well to keep the Democrats firm. Hopefully, this shows the naysayers that she deserves her position as Speaker of the House of Representatives.

Yeah, the national emergency is so going to be swatted down by the Supreme Court and/or Congress (whomever is faster), as this goes against the rules for the power and sets a nasty precedent respectively.

You do realize that once Trump is out of office (be it tomorrow, or in 2021 or god forbid 2025), if this is allowed to stand, a Democrat could declare a national emergency to do... anything? Do you really want to give Bernie Sanders or Kamala Harris or Elizabeth Warren, etc, etc, that much power?

So you hate the flag. You hate our troops?

WHY DO YOU HATE FREEDOM?

Trump will save our freedoms from the leftist goodthink hivemind. AVE IMPERATOR!
Just burn the flag in the streets why don't you, you commie!

I take offense to that. Im a fascist thank you very much!
Hey, if you believe Glenn Beck, Communism and Fascism are the same thing.

Lizzie? The mutant croc from rampage?
Elizabeth+ii+the+most+badass+grandmother+to+ever+live+_bc075f39f5d5122402c8c17136a29076.jpg

Your rightful Queen.

• Love
Reactions: EiC
I've been begging England to take us back for years, Rufus. But they don't seem to want their drunk deadbeat kid to crash on their couch. Not when we'll be a terrible influence on their other children. I mean, Canada is doing so well.

I've been begging England to take us back for years, Rufus. But they don't seem to want their drunk deadbeat kid to crash on their couch. Not when we'll be a terrible influence on their other children. I mean, Canada is doing so well.
Solution is to just have the GOP states and the Dem states form their own separate countries.

Well, then, you can ask to become a French Overseas Territory. We'll send you a Préfet, and by 2020, you'll learn all about your ancestors the Gauls in school. As well as start playing actual football.

but what about the swing states? Or places like Austin in Texas, which is very blue but in a very red state?

Back
Top Bottom