What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trump Looks to Legal Immigrants for Future Deportation

Again, race is not nationality, Trump is nationalist, not racist. You can make an argument for xenophobic, which is still not racist. Unless you can show me a situation in which he, personally, and not an unelected bureaucrat probably from the previous administration, or Congressmen from his party, is enacting or calling for policies that would intentionally affect all Latinos, on the basis of being Latinos and not on the basis of them having personal interests in Central America, or on the basis of them not being US citizens. Even if it's explicitly on the basis of them being Mexicans, it's still not racist, because Mexican isn't a race, it's a nationality. Similarly, the article you linked was immigrant soldiers, not blacks, latinos, asians or any other race, but people who migrated into this country, people who aren't native-born citizens of the US. A nationality qualifier. Not a race qualifier.

That's not racist. That's xenophobic, at worst, and it being a paranoid prevention of foreign influence is the far more likely cause because Trump is quite likely nativist... Which is not a form of racism, because nationalities are not races. These policies have absolutely no effect on multi-generation immigrants who are native-born citizens. Hell, the Army Times article starts with stating that non-citizen members of the military are being discharged, so they're literally deportable if they screw up under fully legitimate rule of law. They're not even citizens of the country, there's reasonable grounds to argue that they shouldn't be allowed to be in the military in the first place.

Furthermore, your mention of military ejections is off-topic, owing to the fact that deportation is only tangentially related to the act of removing noncitizens from the military. Cut the crap with the whataboutism. Actually use applicable insults. Pay attention to what words mean. Actually participate in a fucking debate about a singular topic, instead of dragging more topics in without immediately providing supporting evidence, thus wasting your opponent's time either digging for what you're talking about, or making a post to ask about what fresh off-topic bullshit you're dragging in to drive home ad-homonyms.

The topic of this thread is Trump apparently deporting legal immigrants. Which has been debunked, because it's a block of existing cases of people that shouldn't have gotten citizenship in the first place that now has an office dedicated to going over them. And it wasn't even Trump that did it! He might have put in the suggestion, but in the end it was an unelected bureaucrat that made the decision to... Hire more lawyers and investigators to get through a backlog of cases, and gave them a new office because there's a large number of them hired to get it done in a reasonable amount of time.
How about you stop instinctively sucking Trump's dick and read about the man you like to say is not a racist.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2016/06/07/donald-trump-racism-quotes

Vyor you're reaching so hard that I'm worried you'll crack your back.

Except... it's actually true? Asia has a good amount too but... outside of that I can't think of too many sources for college graduates.

Except... it's actually true? Asia has a good amount too but... outside of that I can't think of too many sources for college graduates.
Vyor most of the african immigrants we get are college educated or were their country's elite in general. The same applies to a good portion of South Americans because I dare you to come to El Doral and tell the Colombian and Venezuelan elite that live there that they're poor unwashed proletariat masses, to make matters worse immigrants both legal and illegal are also big business starters being twice as likely to do so than Americans which is part of the reason why Texas and California are such big economies.

Vyor most of the african immigrants we get are college educated or were their country's elite in general. The same applies to a good portion of South Americans because I dare you to come to El Doral and tell the Colombian and Venezuelan elite that live there that they're poor unwashed proletariat masses, to make matters worse immigrants both legal and illegal are also big business starters being twice as likely to do so than Americans which is part of the reason why Texas and California are such big economies.

Yes, most of the legal immigrants from those areas(and some of the illegal ones) but the rate is lower. We get less from there in general.

Now, I do agree that discouraging legal immigration is fucking stupid, but there is more to the decision than racism.

Yes, most of the legal immigrants from those areas(and some of the illegal ones) but the rate is lower. We get less from there in general.

Now, I do agree that discouraging legal immigration is fucking stupid, but there is more to the decision than racism.
Vyor do be honest with me, do you think Trump know's there non-whites in European that are actually European and not just refugees?

Europe tends to have better educated people looking to immigrate. You realize that plenty of non-whites live in europe right? Esp. when you add "hispanic" to that category?
Plenty of educated Asian people as well

Trump is a guy who was an adult in the 60s and seems to stupid to change, I'd be surprised if he didn't have some bigoted opinions

Vyor do be honest with me, do you think Trump know's there non-whites in European that are actually European and not just refugees?

Yes? Considering that black frenchmen won the world cup this year, it would be rather hard to miss. Like, Trevor Noah got attacked for 3 weeks straight for his comment that Africa won the world cup as a result, this was all over everyone's social media. Trump would need to be blind to miss it.

Plenty of educated Asian people as well

Trump is a guy who was an adult in the 60s and seems to stupid to change, I'd be surprised if he didn't have some bigoted opinions

Oh I'm sure he's a bigot, but you can both be a bigot and rationalize it to yourself. Sometimes these rationalizations are accurate, sometimes they aren't.

Yes? Considering that black frenchmen won the world cup this year, it would be rather hard to miss. Like, Trevor Noah got attacked for 3 weeks straight for his comment that Africa won the world cup as a result, this was all over everyone's social media. Trump would need to be blind to miss it.

Oh I'm sure he's a bigot, but you can both be a bigot and rationalize it to yourself. Sometimes these rationalizations are accurate, sometimes they aren't.
:rolleyes:

Vyor you're really fucking naive.

Trump made a specific mention that he wants less immigrants from shithole countries and more from ones like Norway. If he wasn't being a racist why mention Norway that's famously racially homogenous with it's people being described as blonde haired blue eyed aryans. If you think he gives a shit or includes the few people of color that live there in that statement when he has gone on to sue the federal government to fight against having to rent his apartments to black people then I don't know what to tell you.

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

Vyor you're really fucking naive.

Trump made a specific mention that he wants less immigrants from shithole countries and more from ones like Norway. If he wasn't being a racist why mention Norway that's famously racially homogenous with it's people being described as blonde haired blue eyed aryans. If you think he gives a shit or includes the few people of color that live there in that statement when he has gone on to sue the federal government to fight against having to rent his apartments to black people then I don't know what to tell you.

Would you not agree that there are some shithole countries out there? Would you further agree that norway is also a rich and well educated country?

Would you not agree that there are some shithole countries out there? Would you further agree that norway is also a rich and well educated country?
That's not the Fucking. Point. Vyor. If Trump wanted wealthy immigrants he could've said shit like 'more developed countries' or 'that he wanted more educated people from countries like Japan' but he choose Norway a country for its people's stereotypically aryan phenotypes after spending months complaining about brown people, taking away the refugee status of immigrants from Haiti and South America that have been living in this country for 20 years. If you can't connect the fucking dots I fear for your critical thinking skills.

That's not the Fucking. Point. Vyor. If Trump wanted wealthy immigrants he could've said shit like 'more developed countries' or 'that he wanted more educated people from countries like Japan' but he choose Norway a country for its people's stereotypically aryan phenotypes after spending months complaining about brown people, taking away the refugee status of immigrants from Haiti and South America that have been living in this country for 20 years. If you can't connect the fucking dots I fear for your critical thinking skills.
image01.jpg

Considering that Norway is among the richest nations on the planet and certainly one of the best well known among the top 5 and is often used as an example of how well capitalism works...

Considering that Norway is among the richest nations on the planet and certainly one of the best well known among the top 5 and is often used as an example of how well capitalism works...
Again do you fucking think Trump knows any of this shit. Because Trump is a man so fucking ignorant and stupid Intelligence agencies have to include his name multiple times in their reports just to make sure they have his attention.

Again do you fucking think Trump knows any of this shit. Because Trump is a man so fucking ignorant and stupid Intelligence agencies have to include his name multiple times in their reports just to make sure they have his attention.

I would hope he'd know.

How about you stop instinctively sucking Trump's dick and read about the man you like to say is not a racist.
How about you actually debate in good faith, stay on topic, and actually provide some goddamn citations upfront before you start slinging ad-homonyms? "Racist" has been utterly devalued as an insult and is far too standard of one for damn near everyone outside the progressive left to take seriously at first glance. And very few people are willing to do research on this, because of just how routinely it's a pile of hyperbole or flat-out lies. And then you have people like me who are pissed off just because of the refusal to use the correct words. I denied that Trump is a racist because all evidence provided to back it was displaying nationalist sentiment, so the particular term is inapplicable, given that evidence. Had your lot been calling him xenophobic, I'd be arguing about whether it's severe enough to qualify for that term, I wouldn't be denying there's good grounds to use it.

So, you've managed to give me decent proof that Trump, personally, has racist views. This is literally the first time this has occured, with every other supposedly racist thing Trump's done that I've been told being far more nationalist in nature, and people don't use that citation that actually works as decent proof, they constantly complain about travel bans, the treatment of illegal immigrants or how he's hyperfocusing on trying to draw in European immigrants. Do you have similar citations to genuinely prove that he makes policy decisions based on race and not nationality? The travel ban, for instance, skipped Saudi Arabia, meaning that it's pretty transparently not decided solely based on race or religion (and as an aside, you can't be racist against Muslims because Muslim isn't a race, it's a religious affiliation. Use the proper goddamn words, Islamophobia was a term made solely for this purpose). And if Trump is as ignorant as you say, he wouldn't understand the intricacies of oil pricing. He'd look at the fact that the US is a net exporter of basically every fuel and decide that there's no problems to be had with potentially causing price hikes for Arab oil in the US.

And besides that... The US still has a sizable white majority, Trump's at least not so stupid or malicious that he caused the economy to stop improving, leading to blacks having their lowest unemployment rate on record, Mexico is still a drug state covered in horrific corruption... Him being racist isn't actually an unacceptably horrible thing, especially because he appears to not be acting on it in such a way as to screw over vast numbers of people who haven't put themselves in the line of fire knowingly, like illegal migrants. One of the "racist" incidents mentioned in your article was him calling a native-born Latino American a Mexican... Which is a racist statement, as it presumes all Latinos are Mexican, but is a sign of nationalist sentiment, far more than racist sentiment.

Is Trump being racist a problem? Depends on if you think thoughtcrime, or hate speech, is valid. I don't, because the mechanisms involved are too abusable to ensure power stays where it is by silencing dissent. So even if Trump's racist, he very much appears to not be acting on a basis of racist beliefs, as evidenced by blacks having the lowest unemployment rate since they started keeping track. So he seems to be an acceptable President. Much of what gets openly complained about, and most of the stuff used to say he's racist, is either expanding on Obama policy or a matter of stepping up enforcement of existing law. As I pointed out about the thread topic, it appears to be exclusively a matter of hiring more people to go over an existing backlog of already labeled for review immigration paperwork. Enforcing existing laws.

How about you actually debate in good faith, stay on topic, and actually provide some goddamn citations upfront before you start slinging ad-homonyms? "Racist" has been utterly devalued as an insult and is far too standard of one for damn near everyone outside the progressive left to take seriously at first glance. And very few people are willing to do research on this, because of just how routinely it's a pile of hyperbole or flat-out lies. And then you have people like me who are pissed off just because of the refusal to use the correct words. I denied that Trump is a racist because all evidence provided to back it was displaying nationalist sentiment, so the particular term is inapplicable, given that evidence. Had your lot been calling him xenophobic, I'd be arguing about whether it's severe enough to qualify for that term, I wouldn't be denying there's good grounds to use it.

So, you've managed to give me decent proof that Trump, personally, has racist views. This is literally the first time this has occured, with every other supposedly racist thing Trump's done that I've been told being far more nationalist in nature, and people don't use that citation that actually works as decent proof, they constantly complain about travel bans, the treatment of illegal immigrants or how he's hyperfocusing on trying to draw in European immigrants. Do you have similar citations to genuinely prove that he makes policy decisions based on race and not nationality? The travel ban, for instance, skipped Saudi Arabia, meaning that it's pretty transparently not decided solely based on race or religion (and as an aside, you can't be racist against Muslims because Muslim isn't a race, it's a religious affiliation. Use the proper goddamn words, Islamophobia was a term made solely for this purpose). And if Trump is as ignorant as you say, he wouldn't understand the intricacies of oil pricing. He'd look at the fact that the US is a net exporter of basically every fuel and decide that there's no problems to be had with potentially causing price hikes for Arab oil in the US.

And besides that... The US still has a sizable white majority, Trump's at least not so stupid or malicious that he caused the economy to stop improving, leading to blacks having their lowest unemployment rate on record, Mexico is still a drug state covered in horrific corruption... Him being racist isn't actually an unacceptably horrible thing, especially because he appears to not be acting on it in such a way as to screw over vast numbers of people who haven't put themselves in the line of fire knowingly, like illegal migrants. One of the "racist" incidents mentioned in your article was him calling a native-born Latino American a Mexican... Which is a racist statement, as it presumes all Latinos are Mexican, but is a sign of nationalist sentiment, far more than racist sentiment.

Is Trump being racist a problem? Depends on if you think thoughtcrime, or hate speech, is valid. I don't, because the mechanisms involved are too abusable to ensure power stays where it is by silencing dissent. So even if Trump's racist, he very much appears to not be acting on a basis of racist beliefs, as evidenced by blacks having the lowest unemployment rate since they started keeping track. So he seems to be an acceptable President. Much of what gets openly complained about, and most of the stuff used to say he's racist, is either expanding on Obama policy or a matter of stepping up enforcement of existing law. As I pointed out about the thread topic, it appears to be exclusively a matter of hiring more people to go over an existing backlog of already labeled for review immigration paperwork. Enforcing existing laws.
'It's okay if Trump's a racist. Him being a racist will have no bearing on his policies and I'm going to engage in being a pedantic moron to the point of absurdity to justify defending trump while I hug my confederate flag.'

This is the most worthless pile of drivel I have ever had the displeasure of reading.

Also that low unemployment rate is thanks to Obama's economic policies I sure hope you thanked him for all hsi hard fucking work.

Also that low unemployment rate is thanks to Obama's economic policies I sure hope you thanked him for all hsi hard fucking work.
It started under Obama, but you're insisting that Trump's an ego-driven moron. The fact that the improvement has continued for two years with Trump and Republicans working to undo much of what Obama did means that Trump is at least continuing the improvement. He is, at a minimum, not fucking up what Obama put in place, as far as the economy is concerned (healthcare got buggered, but Obamacare was a net negative on the quality and cost of it anyways). As for Confederate flag waving... I'm a 19 year old NEET in Michigan from a middle-class family with ADHD and some kind of autism (haven't seen a psychiatrist/psychologist since they changed the classifications), and the political compass tests routinely show me a third of the way to the left because I honestly don't care about tradition for its own sake and think meritocracy is ultimately the best way for humanity to progress, because any authoritarian system is too vulnerable to the variance in human competence.

And like that you lost me. Because Racism, funnily enough, is a bad thing.
Yes, it's bad, but Trump's actual policy decisions appear to not be impacted by whatever racist views he has. A racist President is only unacceptable if they act on it. I literally said not unacceptably horrible, that he is an acceptable President. Not that he's necessarily a good President, but he's at least not actively fucking things up that don't need fucking up eventually, like trade with China. It's a bad thing that we have a president with known racist views, or at best no hesitation to exploit differences in tolerated pay, but it's perfectly acceptable so long as they do not act on it, or their actions prove easily reversed, of minimal harm, and/or ineffective with their goal of suppression. Trump has nasty views. I don't contest this, I honestly feel his nationalism does edge into problem territory. What I contest is that he is somehow unfit to be President solely on the basis of having those views. He has, to the best of my knowledge, not acted upon racist views in his capacity as President of the United States of America, and nationalist views are no issue until they lead to breaking trade important to economic function or mass deportation of actual legal citizens. You know, the thread topic? Take it to the thread that actually asks if Trump is a bad President, you'll get your hugbox there. And it won't be off-topic.

Back
Top Bottom