What's new

Trump begins Supreme Court search to replace Anthony Kennedy

I feel were getting way too off topic here. So who is Trump likely going to nominate?
I don't know, Trump's last appointment was actually a pretty decent choice. Agreed with the majority opinion in nearly every single case, well spoken, constitutionalist, educated...

Honestly I'm still not sure why the dems opposed him so hard. Neil Gorsuch is probably one of the better guys put into the seat in the last few decades.

I don't think his next nomination will be horrid. Hell, it will likely be Thomas Hardiman(as he had the choice between nominating him and Gorsuch the last time), someone who's consistently ruled along the side of what laws are on the books and along the lines of the constitution, even ruling that police should be able to donate to the political arm of their union, certainly not a hard right wing position, as a ban on such violated the first amendment rights of the officers.

Not everything Trump does is bad remember, and not everyone the dems oppose being put into place is evil.
that

Well, here is the thing with GenZ and the GOP: they might have things commonly associated with 'conservatives', they also lean heavily 'liberal'. Then again the GOP has gone full-on near-Nazi-and-19th/early-20th-century-isolationist-and-nativist reactionary. Effectively, the GOP had become the second Know-Nothing Party.
Near nazi? You realize that most of the GOP still opposes trump, and even he ain't a fuckin nazi.

Horton

Administrator
Staff member
Near nazi? You realize that most of the GOP still opposes trump, and even he ain't a fuckin nazi.
If trump is a Nazi, then the allies must have been Nazis due to colonialism as well.

Trump’s pretty gross but Nazi is a strong word.

Aaron Fox

Are you blind? Most of the old GOP had already abandoned ship at this point. Everything the GOP has done for the last decade or so has been straight out of the Nazi handbook.

Are you blind? Most of the old GOP had already abandoned ship at this point. Everything the GOP has done for the last decade or so has been straight out of the Nazi handbook.
Like... nationalizing the arms and car industries? Wait no they haven't promised to do that.

Nationalism=/=naziism.

Aaron Fox

Illegal immigrants, not all hispanics.
To Trump and Co. they're the same.
That have been there since bush and served the same purpose.
From what I can gather, no they weren't. Especially not at this scale.
Both sides do this. Constantly in fact. And have been doing it since WW1 at the very latest.
... and this is where you've screwed yourself over. Even the days of Yellow Journalism the papers had some level of standards, but to compare FOX News -which is not a news network, it's under entertainment; if they were a genuine news network, then they would have been throughly dismantled long ago for half the shit they've done- to NBC and other more sane news groups? Yeah... you've pretty much tainted every single word you've said.

To Trump and Co. they're the same.
Citation required.

From what I can gather, no they weren't. Especially not at this scale.
http://www.businessinsider.com/migrant-children-in-cages-2014-photos-explained-2018-5?IR=T

That's obama era shit right there. And I note that the viral video of the little girl crying for her mother was... exaggerated. And that she should have been separated from her fucking kidnapper and returned to her father.

... and this is where you've screwed yourself over. Even the days of Yellow Journalism the papers had some level of standards, but to compare FOX News -which is not a news network, it's under entertainment; if they were a genuine news network, then they would have been throughly dismantled long ago for half the shit they've done- to NBC and other more sane news groups? Yeah... you've pretty much tainted every single word you've said.
I'm sorry, did I say "fox news" anywhere in my post? Pretty sure I didn't... I mean, my eyes could be lying to me but...

Also, you sure about that?
https://greatwarcentre.com/2017/05/19/fake-news-a-world-war-i-phenomenon/

You really sure about that? You're sure that they wouldn't have arrested people or threatened them for reporting negative things about the war?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)