What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things you find morally reprehensible

Sarcobite

Author
So a thread to talk about things that cause you to feel heavy disgust and anger, things that are heavily againsit your morals and just piss you off.
Ill start and say, pedophila. Like the sheer depravity to get off to little kids is unreal. I would have no probelm with pedophiles being publicaly executed via brazen bull.

I dislike crocodiles and dickgirls.

And snakes. Also, shouldn't this be a rant thing instead of a coffeeshop thing?

The outlawing of public duels.

What two consenting adults do or do not do in or out of their home is none of the states damn affair. I mean it is perfectly legal for people to chop their limbs off, jump off cliffs with a camera strapped on so the next generation of idiots can admire them getting splattered all over the place, divebomb cactuses, shove a bloody firehose up their asses or help someone do that, all the really gory snuff that falls under hard core BDSM and a myriad other things that are factually far more lethal or potentially lethal than a couple of blokes or girls, I don't judge, deciding the time and place to kick each others face in be it with fists, swords, maces or machine guns.

The outlawing of public duels.

What two consenting adults do or do not do in or out of their home is none of the states damn affair. I mean it is perfectly legal for people to chop their limbs off, jump off cliffs with a camera strapped on so the next generation of idiots can admire them getting splattered all over the place, divebomb cactuses, shove a bloody firehose up their asses or help someone do that, all the really gory snuff that falls under hard core BDSM and a myriad other things that are factually far more lethal or potentially lethal than a couple of blokes or girls, I don't judge, deciding the time and place to kick each others face in be it with fists, swords, maces or machine guns.

Letting random people beat the shit out of each other is a stupid idea.

Letting random people beat the shit out of each other is a stupid idea.

So is letting people saw off their limbs in the behest of a bunch of frauds calling themselves doctors that make up new diseases and mental conditions to make absurd amounts of money.

Or letting people parkour on skyscrapers.

Or any of the myriad downright retarded things that happen ever since the Youtube era dawned.

I bet if one can get a bunch of fancy names onboard the duel train and they start calling it things like "enchanted conflict resolution" orwhatever the hip crap title is we would have groups baying on the streets or at least the twitter and tumblr for the "misanderstood art of dueling" to be made legal again.

So is letting people saw of their limbs in the behest of a bunch of frauds calling themselves doctors that make up new diseases and mental conditions to make absurd amounts of money.

Or letting people parkour on skyscrapers.

Or any of the myriad downright retarded things that happen ever since the Youtube era dawned.

People parkouring on skyscrapers generally isn't allowed, people just do it anyway because they're idiots. More to the point, banning people from going up skyscrapers and parkouring to their heart's content is a lot harder than banning people from beating the shit out of each other.

I have no idea what you're talking about with the doctor part though.

People parkouring on skyscrapers generally isn't allowed, people just do it anyway because they're idiots. More to the point, banning people from going up skyscrapers and parkouring to their heart's content is a lot harder than banning people from beating the shit out of each other.

I have no idea what you're talking about with the doctor part though.

Up until fairly recently if one was crazy enough to think his hands or legs were out to get them you found the right amount of psycho drugs and sent them on their way.

Its a recent fad to have them chop them off because clearly they are not crazy but they suffer from *ahem" limb dysphoria was the thing? So it is totally legit to have em saw em off!

Great right?

Oh and to hide the fact that they basically encourage people to chop limbs off they try to hitch it on the LGBT+ train. Wanting to hack off your limbs is crazy. Calling it what was the term transabled makes it totally legit.

Brrrr....

Up until fairly recently if one was crazy enough to think his hands or legs were out to get them you found the right amount of psycho drugs and sent them on their way.

Its a recent fad to have them chop them off because clearly they are not crazy but they suffer from *ahem" limb dysphoria was the thing? So it is totally legit to have em saw em off!

Great right?

Oh and to hide the fact that they basically encourage people to chop limbs off they try to hitch it on the LGBT+ train. Wanting to hack off your limbs is crazy. Calling it what was the term transabled makes it totally legit.

Brrrr....

I have literally no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

As I understand it, the limbs are removed because there is no treatment for BID, and the people who have it tend to remove the limb themselves. Better to have a trained professional do it then let them do it themselves.

Using the exact same train of thought if a couple of people want to bash each other with their weapon of choice and nothing will deter them it should be made legal and have proper proffesionals or seconds around to provide first aid and drag you to the hospital.

Better than having them do it on the sly and increasing the chance of one of them getting really hurt because they are afraid to recieve proper medica care.

Using the exact same train of thought if a couple of people want to bash each other with their weapon of choice and nothing will deter them it should be made legal and have proper proffesionals or seconds around to provide first aid and drag you to the hospital.

Better than having them do it on the sly and increasing the chance of one of them getting really hurt because they are afraid to recieve proper medica care.

Those are two WILDLY different situations. Two people wanting to beat the shit out of each other is either something that will go away with a few hours to cool off or something that would culminate in murder. Either way, it's best to keep them apart, not legalize it.

People with BID, on the other hand, will continue trying to remove the limb over and over and over until they succeed. In the case of two people wanting to fight, you can just keep them apart, but in the case of BID, nothing is going to stop them from removing their own limb. The limb is going to be lost regardless; best to have a professional do it so they don't kill themselves in the process.

Those are two WILDLY different situations. Two people wanting to beat the shit out of each other is either something that will go away with a few hours to cool off or something that would culminate in murder. Either way, it's best to keep them apart, not legalize it.

People with BID, on the other hand, will continue trying to remove the limb over and over and over until they succeed. In the case of two people wanting to fight, you can just keep them apart, but in the case of BID, nothing is going to stop them from removing their own limb. The limb is going to be lost regardless; best to have a professional do it so they don't kill themselves in the process.

Well in my point of view if people are allowed to mutilate or blind/deafen etc themselves they should be allowed to legally duel if they really want to and do the appropriate paperwork. As simple as that.

You find it stupid and I respect it. I dont.

Well in my point of view if people are allowed to mutilate or blind/deafen etc themselves they should be allowed to legally duel if they really want to and do the appropriate paperwork. As simple as that.

I don't know where you live, but in America, mutilating yourself is going to get you locked up somewhere where you can't, and any decent prosecutor is going to argue that mutilating yourself is attempted suicide, which is illegal.

So no, you can't really legally mutilate yourself.

I don't know where you live, but in America, mutilating yourself is going to get you locked up somewhere where you can't, and any decent prosecutor is going to argue that mutilating yourself is attempted suicide, which is illegal.

So no, you can't really legally mutilate yourself.

A brief gogle search tells me you are wrong. Suicide is illegal. Self harm? Not by a long shoto

A brief gogle search tells me you are wrong. Suicide is illegal. Self harm? Not by a long shoto

Did you not read my comment at all? Yes, self-harm is not in and of itself illegal, but any decent prosecutor will argue attempted suicide. Additionally, if you are caught by the authorities mutilating yourself, it's going to get you put somewhere where you can't harm yourself, as I said in my previous post.

@Eliar

Because traditionally duels are to the death. You had members of the nobility and senators fighting each other to the death over trivial insult. Laws against Dueling exist for very good reasons, since conspiring to either murder someone or be killed by them in self defence is already illegal. Note that fencing is legal since it is regulated and non-lethal. As are paintball games. And in contrast the actually potentially lethal variants of these sports are banned because of the risks.

Also state traditionally are very concerned with this thing called "the monopoly on the usage of forces". Euthanasia and medical practices carried out by the state do not challenges this. Letting people get into gunfights with real guns or stab each other with real swords on the other hand does challenge this. There a very good social and legal reasons to ban duelling. Chief among these are liability issues and the questions of where the money to treat losers is going to come from.'

Thread tax: Using irony as a cover to disguise a serious motivation.

Although this would usually be in fiction, I find people who genetically modify sentient beings into beasts to be pretty fucking horrible.

Also people who talk in movies.

Also idiots who are unable to claim responsibility for their actions

I rather like the more formal "do war upon one another" more than "beat the shit out of each other". It just sounds better. And honestly, the full Code Duello did not encourage duels to the death. First Blood was not as common a condition as in modern literature, but generally a physician was on hand and was the one to declare the it must be stopped.

Armchair/internet psychiatrists, pseudo intellectuals, rape, imperialism, ultranationalism, genocide, terrorism, claiming to know more about someone you've never met than they do (especially over the fucking internet), jerking off to authoritarianism, authoritarianism, jerking off tyrants, jerking off to people being angry about tyrant regimes, the internet equivalent jerking off in somebody's face over the fact that you do not have the ailments that they do, unnecessary cruelty towards someone virtually unable to leave their house because of the horrific fucking shit they see/experience in virtually every waking moment of their life since the age of 19 (while simultaneously trying to spin-doctor an explanation as an excuse with unmitigated merciless crucifixion borne probably out of nothing more than a boredom-induced psychopathic aphrodisiac over the internet equivalent of burning off someone's feelers so you can jerk off as you watch them squirm like the little animals you used to torture as a kid and probably still do well into your adult life)...

Oh yeah and animal cruelty. If you abuse animals, your days are numbered fucker

Armchair/internet psychiatrists, pseudo intellectuals, rape, imperialism, ultranationalism, genocide, terrorism, claiming to know more about someone you've never met than they do (especially over the fucking internet), jerking off to authoritarianism, authoritarianism, jerking off tyrants, jerking off to people being angry about tyrant regimes, the internet equivalent jerking off in somebody's face over the fact that you do not have the ailments that they do, unnecessary cruelty towards someone virtually unable to leave their house because of the horrific fucking shit they see/experience in virtually every waking moment of their life since the age of 19 (while simultaneously trying to spin-doctor an explanation as an excuse with unmitigated merciless crucifixion borne probably out of nothing more than a boredom-induced psychopathic aphrodisiac over the internet equivalent of burning off someone's feelers so you can jerk off as you watch them squirm like the little animals you used to torture as a kid and probably still do well into your adult life)...

Oh yeah and animal cruelty. If you abuse animals, your days are numbered fucker
Some of these are oddly specific.

Back
Top Bottom