What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump-Russia Investigation Thread: Mueller Goes Terminator Edition

Reaction..

• Huh?

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Seriously?

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • ... are we in some crappy technothriller?

Votes: 23 71.9%
  • WTF?

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
Breaking
Natasha Bertrand on Twitter

... Barr, looks like you've lost and big time...

Why?

House gives a directive, IRS ignores it. Republicans have the Senate, so there will be zero consequences.
House gives a directive, Barr refuses to show up. Republicans have the Senate, so there will be zero consequences.

Mueller can walk into the House and give irrefutable evidence that Trumpie and Putin planned to defraud the US and sacrificed a million babies to Chernobog. Republicans have the Senate, so there will be zero consequences.

Hell, with how bad the US is at electing pieces of shit that they know will fuck them over, I am not even certain that Trumpie will lose in 2020 despite his abysmal favorability numbers and mountains of evidence that he and his administration is absolutely corrupt, and that the GOP will shield and conspire the entire way if it means that they can win (even if it actually becomes a stolen election; they have no qualms about voter suppression and gerrymandering).

Breaking
Natasha Bertrand on Twitter

... Barr, looks like you've lost and big time...
If only they could have been this hardcore when Eric Holder got people killed, then was held in contempt. Oh right I forgot. We dont do apolitical law anymore.

Why?

House gives a directive, IRS ignores it. Republicans have the Senate, so there will be zero consequences.
House gives a directive, Barr refuses to show up. Republicans have the Senate, so there will be zero consequences.

Mueller can walk into the House and give irrefutable evidence that Trumpie and Putin planned to defraud the US and sacrificed a million babies to Chernobog. Republicans have the Senate, so there will be zero consequences.

Hell, with how bad the US is at electing pieces of shit that they know will fuck them over, I am not even certain that Trumpie will lose in 2020 despite his abysmal favorability numbers and mountains of evidence that he and his administration is absolutely corrupt, and that the GOP will shield and conspire the entire way if it means that they can win (even if it actually becomes a stolen election; they have no qualms about voter suppression and gerrymandering).
"Its only the side I don't like that does bad things".

Trump is struggling despite a strong economy. Here's why.

Updated 1:10 PM ET, Fri May 3, 2019

It's plausible that at some point something clicks in the voters' minds and the good economic news lifts Trump to victory. How the economy does in the last few years of a first term matter most for predicting a president's re-election chances.
But keep these two things in mind:
  1. Voters think the economy is good and have thought that for a while. Trump is still struggling, even though we're well into year three of his presidency. If the economy hasn't already translated for Trump, when will it?
  2. Overall approval ratings probably matter a lot more than economic approval ratings when it comes to a president's re-election hopes. Remember, voters disapproved of Obama on the economy and thought Republican Mitt Romney would be better on it. It didn't matter. Obama won.
Historically, once we take into account how voters feel about a president overall, it doesn't matter what his economic approval rating is. A bad overall approval rating has meant very bad news for a president's re-election hopes.

It's because he is constantly whining about how shit his billionaire president life is when people call him on his... everything (stupidity, corruption, compulsive lying, lack of morality, taking shots at people who are a million times greater than he will ever be, etc.) His inability to filter himself on Twitter means that he cannot help himself from going off on everything ("it's not fair!", spoken like a true spoiled toddler).

When you do not have enough confidence in yourself, no one else will have confidence in you either. The only way he can be such a victim is by undermining his entire tough-guy persona and make himself look like a pathetic loser. Which he is. Which is what anyone other than his delusional base sees him to be since he cannot keep silent.

But I still half-expect him to win reelection because of how shit 'Murica is at informing themselves on their politics, or their anything.

So the latest here is over 450 current and former federal prosecutors from every president back to Reagan signed a letter saying that any read of the Mueller report other than "the only reason I'm not indicting the president is that DOJ policy says I can't" is bullshit.

Meanwhile Trump is saying he should get to stay in for two more years without an election because of the investigation "stealing" his time

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/05/trump-term-mueller-1302643

Meanwhile Trump is saying he should get to stay in for two more years without an election because of the investigation "stealing" his time
And I'm Queen Elizabeth.

Cool cool.

No way that the House will agree to an amendment to Article 2 of the Constitution, but if he wants to try and whine and complain to enough states to have them trigger a Constitutional Convention under Article 5... go hard, retard. Maybe in the rewrite things that are nationally popular will be enforced as rights, like race, sex, and gender equality, guaranteed access to abortion, environmental protection, and get rid of that 2A in favor of more rational measures that protect the populace.

A Constitutional Convention would be the clusterfuck of all clusterfucks, and I personally welcome the chaos upon America, my eternal enemy.

Cool cool.

No way that the House will agree to an amendment to Article 2 of the Constitution, but if he wants to try and whine and complain to enough states to have them trigger a Constitutional Convention under Article 5... go hard, retard. Maybe in the rewrite things that are nationally popular will be enforced as rights, like race, sex, and gender equality, guaranteed access to abortion, environmental protection, and get rid of that 2A in favor of more rational measures that protect the populace.

A Constitutional Convention would be the clusterfuck of all clusterfucks, and I personally welcome the chaos upon America, my eternal enemy.

See Everyone? Lerticus gets it! The longer Trumps in office the more opportunities he gives for reform through his incompetance.

That and make more radical options like the Dem-socs appealing.

Up to 735 current and former US prosecutors from both parties saying that the Mueller report stated that the only reason Trump wasn't indicted is that DOJ policy is not to indict the president.

Thats like alot right?
Try to get 735 lawyers in a room and see if you can get them to have the exact same interpretation of 400 pages of evidence. When it isn't their case.

And thousands of psychiatrists said Barry Goldwater was unfit to be president. Nowadays the apa banned such surveys for that reason

And thousands of psychiatrists said Barry Goldwater was unfit to be president. Nowadays the apa banned such surveys for that reason
Yes, I have explained this many times. The APA is shit, and they only created a rule to protect the APA, not it's membership or clientele. Most civilized nations' associations for psychology do not create this sort of rule. Then again, the APA is also pretty fucking useless at enforcement, so any psychologist breaking 7.3 would be unlikely to even face official censure.

There is also the whole thing where psychology is completely fucking different from law. Those hundreds of lawyers all had time and opportunity to scrutinize the entire revealed text of the report, and are completely able to render a legal opinion.

But I still half-expect him to win reelection because of how shit 'Murica is at informing themselves on their politics, or their anything.
"If only they knew" I've explained this before but you don't want to accept it. They know. They don't care.

House Democrats read the Entire Mueller Report
Right now things are pretty quiet on the Trump-Russia Investigation front, which is weird given that Trump wouldn't shut the fuck about it. Then again, ever since the Criminal Investigation Report (i.e. the report that Mueller put out, from what I've heard, the Counterintelligence investigation is still ongoing) came out, there has been practically nothing coming out of it.

The only thing noteworthy other than the Dems in the House staging the reading is that Barr got his wish and have started investigating Mueller...

Then again, we're talking about the Dems here, who are doing their damnedest to not stoop to the GOP's level. This is in addition to the fact that the Primaries are coming up and the Dems are looking to have a 'Crowded Primary' this cycle...

Well, there is another investigation going that is tentatively related to Trump-Russia:

Political State: Mitch McConnell Under Investigation By House Committee For Russia Payoff said:
Just over a month ago, we found out that RusAl, the largest aluminum manufacturer in Russia, was planning to invest more than $200 million in an aluminum rolling mill in Kentucky — the largest new such plant in America in four decades. In fact, we reported on it here at Political State and told you exactly what seemed suspicious about the whole deal.
In a letter sent to the Treasury Department and signed by Adam Schiff and Maxine Waters, the chairs of the House Intelligence and House Financial Services Committees, and by Sherrod Brown and Ron Wyden, the ranking members on the Senate Finance and Senate Banking Committees, Democrats requested that Treasury look into the investment by RusAl. After all, Deripaska himself is still under sanction, and the legal finagling that was done to make it appear as though he's not profiting off the deal fell through when observers found that while his RusAl share would be proportionately lower and restricted only to final profits as they made their way back to Russia, he actually owns the bank that would make all the interest too.
It remains to be seen whether Steven Mnuchin, the Treasury Secretary, will actually open an investigation of any kind. But at the very least, everyone involved now knows that lawmakers are on to their scheme.
Source: Political State

... basically Dirty/Turtlenech Mitch has to go back to his shell for this one...

Back
Top Bottom