What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump-Russia Investigation Thread: Mueller Goes Terminator Edition

Reaction..

• Huh?

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Seriously?

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • ... are we in some crappy technothriller?

Votes: 23 71.9%
  • WTF?

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
I think that the thread title is misleading. This is nowhere near Terminator pacing. Sarah Connor would die from old age as a great-grandmother if any Terminator unit moved at Ferris Mueller's pace.
Investigations like this generally take a better part of a decade to conclude, and despite all the attempts to stop Mueller, Mueller has shrugged it off like the Terminator...

Paul Manafort sentenced to 47 months in prison

So, the prosecutor has asked for 24 years, Manafort has been sentenced to less than 4. Hardly a Terminator-worthy accomplishment. More than that, the judge has explicitly noted that "he is not before the court for anything having to do with colluding with the Russian government ."
The thread title really needs revision :p

Paul Manafort sentenced to 47 months in prison
So, the prosecutor has asked for 24 years, Manafort has been sentenced to less than 4. Hardly a Terminator-worthy accomplishment. More than that, the judge has explicitly noted that "he is not before the court for anything having to do with colluding with the Russian government ."
The thread title really needs revision :p
The judge is a noted far right republican racist, so we kinda expected this. He gave a black democrat 13 years for significantly lesser corruption charges.

The judge is a noted far right republican racist, so we kinda expected this. He gave a black democrat 13 years for significantly lesser corruption charges.
I have expected "he's a Russian" but this will do, too ;)

Also, anything that the 'hung jury' were hung on will be put into a retrial later.

That a single Judge disagrees with the Muller investigation is not really that noteworthy, given that we've had other judges go in the opposite direction on disagreement - like the one that told Mike Flynn his plea deal was hardly enough to cover his crimes and so he'd better come up with more information to share to justify no jail time.

EDIT: this judge, oddly, also decided to completely ignore how Manafort tried to tamper with witnesses and violate his original plea deal.

Has anyone posted this yet?
Thing is that Mueller is going as fast as he can, but if he does one minor slip-up then it means Trump and Co wins. The only reason that this entire shingdig is going so fast is because the GOP's debauchery is so poorly disguised at this point.

Thing is that Mueller is going as fast as he can, but if he does one minor slip-up then it means Trump and Co wins. The only reason that this entire shingdig is going so fast is because the GOP's debauchery is so poorly disguised at this point.
We should've appointed the CPD instead of Mueller:

We should've appointed the CPD instead of Mueller:
View attachment 1735
You are actually wrong, the thing with this investigation is that it's playing out like an old-school Mob takedown, where you have to play close to the chest to ensure that you can't get judges that were on the take fucking it up... and the fact that we've got a lot of genuine arrests (which aren't exactly easy to get warrants for, especially for pre-dawn arrests like what has been happening)...

Gee, if I were a suspicious person, I would maybe think that the goal is to drag out the investigation all the way to the 2020 vote...
But don't take it too seriously, I'm not really a suspicious person, and anyway, what could go wrong with such a plan?

Gee, if I were a suspicious person, I would maybe think that the goal is to drag out the investigation all the way to the 2020 vote...
But don't take it too seriously, I'm not really a suspicious person, and anyway, what could go wrong with such a plan?

With some investigators maybe, but strangely I don't think this is Muellers goal. Man's got a reputation as a by-the-book type.

With some investigators maybe, but strangely I don't think this is Muellers goal. Man's got a reputation as a by-the-book type.
I also tend to believe that Mueller is honest, but I'm sure many Trump fans, who happen to be US citizens with voting rights, will see it differently, and this will further hurt the FBI. Also Mueller isn't investigating alone, so there's plenty of room for 'interests' to squeeze through.

I also tend to believe that Mueller is honest, but I'm sure many Trump fans, who happen to be US citizens with voting rights, will see it differently, and this will further hurt the FBI. Also Mueller isn't investigating alone, so there's plenty of room for 'interests' to squeeze through.

Eh I doubt it. Part of being a special counsel is more or less making your own team for the job. Also why should people care how republicans view things? They think Obama was secretly Kenyan and are blocking more people from getting voting rights because they're assholes.

Mueller is also a Republican, technically, though he's obviously more interested in putting the Law first.

Mueller is also a Republican, technically, though he's obviously more interested in putting the Law first.
He's what people call an 'Eisenhower Republican', a very rare breed of Republican (many of whom likely went to the Blue Dogs after the Dixies took over) that is very agreeable.

There is that too, but even a more modern (albeit not as modern as the Tea Party and Trumpists) republican could still put the Law First.

There is that too, but even a more modern (albeit not as modern as the Tea Party and Trumpists) republican could still put the Law First.
From what I can tell, the Dixiecrats and their actions and ideological 'descendants' had hit a sort of critical mass in their quest to destroy the nation so they can go back to the 'good old days'... a social-political 'Old World Blues' as it were. Their mentality is basically 'the Law should Benefit ME, not the undesirables!', and that basically took over the party over the last two decades or so.

This comedy just carries on and on without stop. :ROFLMAO:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/14/house-resolution-release-mueller-report-1221287
The House on Thursday overwhelmingly passed a resolution calling on the Justice Department to make special counsel Robert Mueller's findings and full report public and available to Congress — but Republicans blocked it in the Senate.

The 420-0 House vote came after a fiery debate on the floor, during which some Democratic lawmakers were admonished for their criticisms of President Donald Trump. But when Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) asked for unanimous passage of the measure, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) objected, arguing that the resolution should include provisions calling for a special prosecutor to examine the federal probe of Hillary Clinton's email use, and alleged abuses of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act against former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page.

Buttery males. Always buttery males. Forever.

Aaaaand delivered.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/mueller-report-delivered-1.5068388
Special counsel Robert Mueller on Friday turned over his long-awaited final report on the contentious Russia investigation that has cast a dark shadow over Donald Trump's presidency, entangled Trump's family and resulted in criminal charges against some of the president's closest associates.
The comprehensive report, still confidential, marks the end of Mueller's probe but sets the stage for big public fights to come. The next steps are up to Trump's attorney general, to Congress and, in all likelihood, federal courts.
The Justice Department said Mueller delivered his final report to U.S. Attorney General William Barr and officially concluded his probe of Russian election interference and possible co-ordination with Trump associates. The report will now be reviewed by Barr, who has said he will write his own account communicating Mueller's findings to Congress and the American public.

The last age is passed. Let the new era of obstruction of justice begin!

Um, I would say that you should take this with a few mines worth of salt, given how many times we've seen this being touted and it ended up not happening.

Indeed. To quote pheonix89 from SB,

As usual, MSM reporting on Mueller being done is shit.

Seth Abramson (who unlike the major outlets has not been incorrectly predicting the end constantly) says it's the end of the current criminal probe from Mueller's office. Counterintel's not done. SDNY's not done. And no garuntee the leads he's still pursing won't trigger a new one.

Back
Top Bottom