What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump-Russia Investigation Thread: Mueller Goes Terminator Edition

Reaction..

• Huh?

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Seriously?

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • ... are we in some crappy technothriller?

Votes: 23 71.9%
  • WTF?

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
He might be a Russian plant, but I think the more horrifying option is that he isn't and people voted for him because it looked like a good idea. As an Englishman I have some experience watching people vote for stupid things.

Personally I think he's just doing all this to make his family richer than they already are. His chief of commerce is a man known as the King of Vultures who made stupid amounts of money buying companies that had been run into the ground 'streamlining' them (which means firing most of the people) before selling the fleeced carcass for large profits. If that sounds like something that is starting to happen to manufacturing in America right now then I wish you luck.

Maybe he's mad, maybe Putin is pulling his strings, but I think the simple explanation is that he's just a greedy incompetent little fuck nugget.

He might be a Russian plant, but I think the more horrifying option is that he isn't and people voted for him because it looked like a good idea. As an Englishman I have some experience watching people vote for stupid things.

Personally I think he's just doing all this to make his family richer than they already are. His chief of commerce is a man known as the King of Vultures who made stupid amounts of money buying companies that had been run into the ground 'streamlining' them (which means firing most of the people) before selling the fleeced carcass for large profits. If that sounds like something that is starting to happen to manufacturing in America right now then I wish you luck.

Maybe he's mad, maybe Putin is pulling his strings, but I think the simple explanation is that he's just a greedy incompetent little fuck nugget.
I've read the book by Wolff, and I quite like the theory that Trump's goal was to gain popularity during the campaign, then after losing to HRC use that popularity to find investors and establish his own TV network. That's something that actually fits Trump. He obviously didn't count on Bannon being so effective and HRC so out of touch with reality (well, nobody did). As far as collusion goes, my theory is that somebody from the GOP campaign, maybe somebody close to Trump (Manafort?) hired the Internet Research Agency to do their social network campaign.

BREAKING NEWS: Cohen Sentenced to Three Years in Prison - Axios
Michael Cohen sentenced to 3 years in prison - Axios

President Trump's former personal attorney Michael Cohen has been sentenced in a New York federal court to 3 years in prison on Wednesday on charges involving campaign finance violations, tax evasion and lying to Congress. He will report to federal prison on March 6.

The big picture: Cohen's sentence involves his plea agreements with prosecutors in both the Southern District of New York and the Mueller investigation, which took starkly different views on his cooperation last week. The New York prosecutors recommended about 4 years in prison, while Mueller's team had a more positive view, arguing that Cohen deserved credit for substantially assisting their investigation.
The disconnect between the Southern District of New York and Mueller's team was evident during the statements from lawyers from both teams. Jeannie S. Rhee, who works for Mueller, said Cohen provided "credible" information regarding "any links between a campaign and a foreign government."
  • Meanwhile, Assistant U.S. Attorney Nicolas Roos, part of the New York prosecutorial team, said that Cohen's "charges portray a pattern of deception, of brazenness and of greed." He added that they harmed "free and transparent elections, and in committing these crimes, Cohen has eroded faith in the electoral process."
Go deeper: What we now know about Trump and Russia
It had to be rather juicy intel for Cohen to get a reduced sentence...

Just 3 years? I expected 5 out of a possible 10 years or 15 years, even.
From what I can understand, this is probably due to how juicy the information that Cohen gave out on Trump and Co.

Maria Butina pleas Guilty for Conspiracy against the United States - CNN
Dem russians huh? Anyway butina plead guilty for conspiracy against the united states and that her mission was to bolster russian interests. Can we now call her officially a spy? If yes i got a couple of people on SB i need to troll over "no collusion"
That's why I've been calling her a 'Red Robin', given her actions so far have been those of the fictional -or so I assume- 'Red Sparrow' from the movie of the same name.
Even better, with the "military act" bit, the NRA are technically traitors.
Actually try traitors all but in name.

Last edited:
I thought that Jennifer Lawrence movie wad Red Sparrow?
... GOD DAMN IT, it is. [facedesk] ... and this is why I hate my brain at times. So much shit to remember, enough to make things scrambled for a bit...

Eh, it's alright, man. Most other people gets what you were saying. I'm the slow one.
It's alright, you're doing it for everyone that didn't get it. :) Still, this entire investigation is getting better and better. :) All that impudent rage of the GOP saying that this isn't anything. All the "YOU'RE A CONSPIRACY NUT!" talk being slowly silenced. :D All of it slowly crashing down on Trump. :LOL:

It makes you want to laugh maniacally!

Trump was in the room during hush money discussions with tabloid publisher - NBC News
A source confirmed to NBC News that Trump was the "other member of the campaign" present when Michael Cohen and David Pecker agreed to silence women.

Donald Trump was the third person in the room in August 2015 when his lawyer Michael Cohen and National Enquirer publisher David Pecker discussed ways Pecker could help counter negative stories about Trump's relationships with women, NBC News has confirmed.

As part of a nonprosecution agreement disclosed Wednesday by federal prosecutors, American Media Inc., the Enquirer's parent company, admitted that "Pecker offered to help deal with negative stories about that presidential candidate's relationships with women by, among other things, assisting the campaign in identifying such stories so they could be purchased and their publication avoided."

The "statement of admitted facts" says that AMI admitted making a $150,000 payment "in concert with the campaign," and says that Pecker, Cohen and "at least one other member of the campaign" were in the meeting. According to a person familiar with the matter, the "other member" was Trump.
Good lordy, Trump is covering a lot of shit...

Huh, dunno about the collusion thing (since there is no conviction as of now) but Trump is proving to be a big sleaze.

Huh, dunno about the collusion thing (since there is no conviction as of now) but Trump is proving to be a big sleaze.
Here's the thing, this entire investigation is going down the path that is usually used to take down criminal syndicates, gangs, and mobs in the US: literally go up the ladder of mentioned mob/gang/criminal syndicate so you can literally throw the book at those at the top with something that they can't buy out of. That is how the Mob in the US effectively died, they got all the information from the underlings and then used it to start pinning those up top with them. ;) Classic FBI move actually.

It's alright, you're doing it for everyone that didn't get it. :) Still, this entire investigation is getting better and better. :) All that impudent rage of the GOP saying that this isn't anything. All the "YOU'RE A CONSPIRACY NUT!" talk being slowly silenced. :D All of it slowly crashing down on Trump. :LOL:

It makes you want to laugh maniacally!
I know right. And i followed this shit since the very beginning. Oh i have so many people i need to troll:LOL:

FOX News trying to muddy the Waters (again) by claiming 'Prejury Trap', (supposedly) Judge orders interview docs to be handed over for review
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/13/politics/maria-butina-guilty-plea/index.html

Dem russians huh? Anyway butina plead guilty for conspiracy against the united states and that her mission was to bolster russian interests. Can we now call her officially a spy? If yes i got a couple of people on SB i need to troll over "no collusion"
Before you troll anybody, get your facts straight. Just because CNN are idiots, you don't need to be. NY Times is a bit more factual:
Maria Butina Pleads Guilty to Role in a Russian Effort to Influence Conservatives - The New York Times
On Thursday, Ms. Butina, 30, pleaded guilty to a single charge of conspiring to act as a foreign agent in a deal with federal prosecutors. In doing so, she acknowledged that her activities were motivated by more than mere personal conviction.
If you don't know the difference between espionage and being a foreign agent, don't troll anybody, or you'll end up looking very dumb.

Paul Manafort advised White House on how to attack and discredit investigation of President Trump
Exclusive: Paul Manafort advised White House on how to attack and discredit investigation of President Trump
We now have details as to how the indicted former campaign manager worked with the president to undermine federal law enforcement
Exclusive: Paul Manafort advised White House on how to attack and discredit investigation of President Trump
Paul Manafort, who served as the manager for Donald Trump's presidential campaign, provided advice to the president and senior White House officials on the FBI's Russia investigation during the earliest days of the Trump administration. He gave guidance on how to undermine and discredit the FBI's inquiry into whether the president, his campaign aides, and family members conspired with the Russian Federation and its intelligence services to covertly defeat Hillary Clinton during the 2016 campaign, according to government records and interviews with individuals familiar with the matter. Manafort himself was under criminal investigation by the FBI during this same time, a fact then known to the White House.

Back
Top Bottom