What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump-Russia Investigation Thread: Mueller Goes Terminator Edition

Reaction..

• Huh?

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Seriously?

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • ... are we in some crappy technothriller?

Votes: 23 71.9%
  • WTF?

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
To quote, a lot of sound and fury, signifying nothing. Figures.
I wouldn't believe that if I were you, given that this is Barr we're talking about... you know the man that buried Iran-Contra

EDIT:
Remember people, this is just the ending of the beginning, we still have a lot to go...
1_mueller_graphic_final-1.png

source:
All the Legal Trouble in Trumpworld

Also, this fun tweet:
(((Rep. Nadler))) on Twitter
In light of the very concerning discrepancies and final decision making at the Justice Department following the Special Counsel report, where Mueller did not exonerate the President, we will be calling Attorney General Barr in to testify before @HouseJudiciary in the near future.

Last edited:
I wouldn't believe that if I were you, given that this is Barr we're talking about...

Doesn't matter who the Attorney-General is if the report does not say Trump had indeed colluded with Russia or obstructed the government finding out that he did so.

Besides, the report will be read by Congress. It's up to them if they want to impeach Trump.

Doesn't matter who the Attorney-General is if the report does not say Trump had indeed colluded with Russia or obstructed the government finding out that he did so.
Actually, yet it does matter who the Attorney-General is. Also remember this is just the criminal report, not the report on the counter-intell investigation or the dozen or so other investigations that are currently ongoing.
Besides, the report will be read by Congress. It's up to them if they want to impeach Trump.
Problem is the GOP...

I think this whole thing is a waste of time and money, the report already concludes there is no evidence of russian collusion. The democrats are just grasping at straws at this point, anything to bring down the EVIL trump administration.

Actually, yet it does matter who the Attorney-General is. Also remember this is just the criminal report, not the report on the counter-intell investigation or the dozen or so other investigations that are currently ongoing.

Problem is the GOP...

Explain to me why who the Attorney-General matters, please. To my limited knowledge, they've all been Trump appointees. Also, as you said this is a criminal report in which the special counsel could not say with certainty that Trump did the crime.

Trump's a fucking opportunist and a despicable man, but he did not do the crime, he just profited from the situation.

Essentially what Sarco said, you guys spent so long convincing yourself that there was collusion that you wouldn't accept any answer bar what you wanted, as is being displayed now across the web.

Then there's the fact there's no point in hoping for a complete public report, yer only gonna get a heavily redacted version for now unless you decided to wait a few decades like we did for all those old CIA docs.

Explain to me why who the Attorney-General matters, please. To my limited knowledge, they've all been Trump appointees. Also, as you said this is a criminal report in which the special counsel could not say with certainty that Trump did the crime.
In this case it is the who that matters, Barr is the man that buried Iran-Contra. So take anything he says with a literal mountain of salt.
Trump's a fucking opportunist and a despicable man, but he did not do the crime, he just profited from the situation.
Problem, there is too much funny business going on, including this footnote on the summary:
"In assessing potential conspiracy charges, the Special Counsel also considered whether members of the Trump campaign 'coordinated' with Russian election interference activities. The Special Counsel defined 'coordination' as "an agreement - tacit or express - between the Trump campaign and the Russian government on election interference".
... too funny for many people actually. Far too narrow indeed.

View attachment 1920

I knew this image was going to come in handy, this is basically what the entirety of the internet is getting up to with this whole thing.
... seriously? Given that this is Barr talking who has every reason to make Trump look as good as he could get away with. Given that the report is getting a house subpoena no matter what Barr does and this is just a summary...
Nitpick: that's Barr's summary, not the actual report.

As @Aaron Fox said, Barr isn't really trustworthy.
... and I get ninja'd. @Horton, can we get ninja smilies here?

... seriously? Given that this is Barr talking who has every reason to make Trump look as good as he could get away with. Given that the report is getting a house subpoena no matter what Barr does and this is just a summary...

... and I get ninja'd. @Horton, can we get ninja smilies here?
Oh I have no doubt the professionals are going to find something, no idea what though.

Everyone else (i.e the internet?) they're going to find what they want to find, I'm expecting everything from crop circles and UFO landings to spy cameras hidden inside the first ladys cooch.

The democrats in the House are already saying they're going to drag Barr over to testify and are demanding the full report so, even the report isn't damaging enough to get his actual impeachment, Barr won't be able to hide or color the content of the report in a different way.

Apparently, the report is much worse than what Barr said. How much? We don't know. Yet.

Oh I have no doubt the professionals are going to find something, no idea what though.

Everyone else (i.e the internet?) they're going to find what they want to find, I'm expecting everything from crop circles and UFO landings to spy cameras hidden inside the first ladys cooch.
... and as @Arius said, this isn't the report but the summary of said report from someone that wants Trump to look as good as possible. Barr is also the man that buried Iran-Contra, which solidified the modern perception of the GOP as a party of traitors and Dixies. From all indications, it appears that the actual report is very damning. Maybe even Iran-Contra levels of damning (just without the obvious bits).

Back
Top Bottom