What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Shipyard of... Mk. II (and probably misc stuff later too come to think of it)

misc_115.png

next thing being built at the shipyard...

misc_116.png

The great experiment begins...

misc_117.png

honestly I'm not even sure what the heck am I even doing by this point...

misc_118.png

We're getting somewhere...

misc_119.png

ETA to completion? about a couple of days maybe... (mostly the adding of the blocks)

misc_120.png

Getting there...

A bit of size comparison:
misc_121.png

misc_122.png

Eh, close enough...

misc_123.png

Funny thing was, when I started doing the remake of the Enterprise (without any of the letters) I vowed that it won't end up looking so dated... and it still ended up being really dated looking regardless.

misc_126.png

The galaxy class is coming along nicely...

Daymn it's huge.
Doing my best to adhere to OTL dimensions, for a lot of star trek ship designs their sheer size isn't obvious in various 2D views. Heck, I didn't even notice the massive jump in volume from the Excelsior class to the Ambassador class until I start making the latter.

misc_128.png

Finally done with throwing doodads for the saucer, which was slightly easier than I expected, but still tedious as hell.'

Now on to the rest of the ship...

I like it. It looks like a good merger of two of my favorite ships (The Ambassador-class and the Galaxy-class, with a tad bit of Excelsior spliced in).

It's finally complete!

linage_prespective.png

linage_sideview.png

linage_topview.png

So it turns out that from the 4 ships (discounting the oldest one) took the better part of 2 weeks, and half of that was on the big one (mainly putting all the blocks)

misc_130.png

Fixed the nacelles...

A couple of PMs with another poster (on another forum) and a youtube video made me realize I really made the secondary hull way too narrow/small. That has now been fixed:
misc_131.png

misc_132.png

Once the main ship had been built, kitbashing was only a matter of time...

misc_133.png

FIGHT!!!

misc_135.png

Still not sure how the hell is this a refit... XD

misc_136.png

Galaxy battle group, asses will be kicked!

misc_143.png

Working on a BoP...

misc_147.png

Working on a cardassian cruiser (if you ever played BotF it might look rather familiar...)...

misc_148.png

Wait, is that a...?

Does it matter? It's probably gonna blow up in a moment anyways.

misc_149.png

Back
Top Bottom