What's new
Frozen In Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Path Of The Treasure Hunter (LOZ-BOTW)

First Choice

Flutters Is Shy

Light The Fire, It's Time to Write!
Author
It was generally a pretty good day. Whatever little critters ran and hopped to and fro had nary a care in the world, but you knew better.

The demon was stirring.

The horrific red beast of twirling miasma, endlessly circling the log neglected castle. Wailing out its cry to any and all that were foolish enough to draw within earshot. And even with the roaming mechanical beasts that guarded Hyrule field, you had once in your past heard its call.

It ignited a spark in your chest, a tremendous beacon of purpose in your soul. You knew it without a doubt, you had heard the harried mutters of the elders in your village.

It has been one hundred years since the great fall of the Hyrule. An ever constant reminder to any and all who had the gumption to go out and look from a high enough vantage point. One hundred years... And yet there was still hope. A prophecy, told in whispers and half truths.

Once a century has past, the hero will rise.

You knew, you were that hero. The hero who woulda save all of hyrule from the great evil beast.

If only you could figure out how to start.

You are a-

[]- Goron
.
Strong of body and hardy of spirit, you know your strength will carry you through any challenge. As long as that challenge doesn't include swimming. You like the idea, but no matter how you thrash your limbs you can never seem to rise up off the bottom of the nearby stream. Must be something wrong with water. With the recent events of the Divine beast causing havoc with Death Mountain, you have decided to put a stop to its careless rampage.

[]- Zora.
An absolute terror in any watery domain, you swim with the greatest of ease. Your fins are hardy enough to use as blunt clubs, even if you haven't figured out the elusive legendary technique of the Boomerang Fins. You think that might have just been a cruel prank someone somewhere told you to make them leave you alone... You love the idea of a desert, but you have trouble picturing the idea in your head.

[]- Korok.
Oh god, why is everyone everywhere so large? No one told you that even Hylians were giants! it all seems like a horrific prank, but you won't let it get you down! Weak of body, but strong of will. People seem to ignore a Korok if they use just a bit of the Great Dekus magic... You've never been out of the lost woods, but you know you'll find your way if you persevere. It can't be that hard to read a map, can it?
-
Note, Korok acts as its own gender option (genderless woods spirit) and doesn't stack with the 'male/female' choice.

[]- Hylian.
Arguably the most balanced of the hyrule races, but lacking of traits the rest hold as fundamental truths. You should be able to rise to any challenge due to your flexibility, but you know that there are better tools for any specific job and task. Get a Goron to move a boulder, ask a zora to fetch a piece of jewelry from the bottom of a stream. You're resourceful, so get to it!

[]- Gerudo.
Who knew the rest of Hyrule was so unfathomably cold all the time? And water, it just falls from the sky! Randomly! You can't quite understand why that one voe keeps staring at you when you visit the trading post oasis, but you're fairly certain he's planning on mugging you at some point. Why else would he be staring so intently? You'll be ready to knock his teeth in for daring to accost a proud Gerudo warrior!
-Note, Gerudo acts as its own gender option (female warrior) and doesn't stack with the 'male/female' choice.

You are-

[]- Male

Brought up as a humble crafter, you have a sturdy weapon you made from the pure elements of iron/wood yourself. Your parents are against your heading out to combat evil, but you'll show them your spirit and determination. Moblins and Bokoblins beware, your sword/bow/other awaits in their future!

[]- Female
Brought up as a simple jewelry maker, your capabilities towards the finer arts of war are unfortunately lacking. But unbeknownst to your parents, you have been learning simple magic spells from the village hermit. Moblins and Bokoblins beware, a fireball awaits in their future!

You are 18 years of age, a legal adult in the eyes of your chosen background. While there will be those that argue against your quest, you will not be forbidden from such a decision.

Your main goal is-
(please note that this choice will decide on the title of the quest, being placed within the 'To Be Determined' header.)

[]- The Path Of Courage-
You know you can prevail, through any hardship. Your goal is to defeat the beast of hyrule castle, and nothing more. People are languishing in fear, and you can't stand by and bare to watch that degradation in your fellow kinsman.

[]- The Path Of Wisdom-
You know you can't win alone. Your goal is to gather a likeminded group of individuals who can help you stop the rampaging divine beasts, and finally once and for all silence the harrowing cry of the beast of Hyrule castle.

[]- The Path Of Power-
You know that power is everything. Your goal is to gather everything and anything to you to make yourself stronger. If it's a blade, a tome of knowledge, or even a gaggle of slaves (ahem, legally gathered mercenaries) to wield arms against your foes... Anything is allowed in your forward path to ultimate power.

Note- Even though I am starting a quest of the same name and initial content on SV, SB and QQ, I expect these stories to vary quite wildly from each other due to specific member input.
 

Alias

Bean Daddy
Moderator
[X]- The Path Of Power-
You know that power is everything. Your goal is to gather everything and anything to you to make yourself stronger. If it's a blade, a tome of knowledge, or even a gaggle of slaves (ahem, legally gathered mercenaries) to wield arms against your foes... Anything is allowed in your forward path to ultimate power.

[X]- Female
Brought up as a simple jewelry maker, your capabilities towards the finer arts of war are unfortunately lacking. But unbeknownst to your parents, you have been learning simple magic spells from the village hermit. Moblins and Bokoblins beware, a fireball awaits in their future!
[X]- Hylian.
Arguably the most balanced of the hyrule races, but lacking of traits the rest hold as fundamental truths. You should be able to rise to any challenge due to your flexibility, but you know that there are better tools for any specific job and task. Get a Goron to move a boulder, ask a zora to fetch a piece of jewelry from the bottom of a stream. You're resourceful, so get to it!
 

Eliar

Well-known member
[X]- The Path Of Power-
You know that power is everything. Your goal is to gather everything and anything to you to make yourself stronger. If it's a blade, a tome of knowledge, or even a gaggle of slaves (ahem, legally gathered mercenaries) to wield arms against your foes... Anything is allowed in your forward path to ultimate power.

[X]- Female
Brought up as a simple jewelry maker, your capabilities towards the finer arts of war are unfortunately lacking. But unbeknownst to your parents, you have been learning simple magic spells from the village hermit. Moblins and Bokoblins beware, a fireball awaits in their future!
[X]- Hylian.
Arguably the most balanced of the hyrule races, but lacking of traits the rest hold as fundamental truths. You should be able to rise to any challenge due to your flexibility, but you know that there are better tools for any specific job and task. Get a Goron to move a boulder, ask a zora to fetch a piece of jewelry from the bottom of a stream. You're resourceful, so get to it!

Because fuck that idiot the Triforce of Power belongs to us!
 

Jakarta

Cutest Mod
Moderator
[X]- The Path Of Wisdom-
You know you can't win alone. Your goal is to gather a likeminded group of individuals who can help you stop the rampaging divine beasts, and finally once and for all silence the harrowing cry of the beast of Hyrule castle.

[X]- Female
Brought up as a simple jewelry maker, your capabilities towards the finer arts of war are unfortunately lacking. But unbeknownst to your parents, you have been learning simple magic spells from the village hermit. Moblins and Bokoblins beware, a fireball awaits in their future!

[X]- Gerudo.
Who knew the rest of Hyrule was so unfathomably cold all the time? And water, it just falls from the sky! Randomly! You can't quite understand why that one voe keeps staring at you when you visit the trading post oasis, but you're fairly certain he's planning on mugging you at some point. Why else would he be staring so intently? You'll be ready to knock his teeth in for daring to accost a proud Gerudo warrior!

VOTE GERUDO!!! I'M TIRED OF SEEING YOUR TYPICAL HYLIAN OPTIONS EVERYWHERE.

DESERT BROWN BEAUTS LET'S GO!!
 

Flutters Is Shy

Light The Fire, It's Time to Write!
Author
VOTE GERUDO!!! I'M TIRED OF SEEING YOUR TYPICAL HYLIAN OPTIONS EVERYWHERE.

DESERT BROWN BEAUTS LET'S GO!!
Actually, the choices on SB and SV both ended up with Gerudo protags. One was wisdom, one was power. QQ ended up being the lone Hylian.
 
First Choice

Flutters Is Shy

Light The Fire, It's Time to Write!
Author
Power
Female
Hylian
You are Mina Lomas


Bereft of a sense of personal wellbeing, you find yourself spending your days plundering the various ruins left vacant around Hyrul with your brother, Mills. You possess a meager set of belongings to safely guide your way across Hyrule, including a sword and shield. Your lighter load also facilitates the aquisition of whatever you might find in your travels. Who knows, maybe you'll finally find one of those odd shrine things torn open to the elements? There was an odd quake recently, perhaps something new will turn up?

Equipment-
Travelers set- Clothing. Durable, functional, comfortable.
Travelers shield- A light wooden shield reinforced with metal bands.
Travelers Broadsword- A standard steel blade, slightly worn with time but carefully maintained.
Ancient Pictobox- A rectangular box that can freeze images displayed on its surface. There are two other 'modes' available on the device that don't seem to serve any purpose. One which claims to be a 'map', but simply just shows a black void. One which simply has the odd rune of 'Amiibo' without any furtur instruction. Only the 'Picto' part of this box appears to be currently functional.

 
2- Setting Out

Flutters Is Shy

Light The Fire, It's Time to Write!
Author
You curse the day you were foolish enough to believe Mills could handle guard duty again. He said he would do a better job this time, and like the dumb dumb dumby that you are you believed your fool of a brother!

After the last time he bungled up watching for potential enemies you took up the position and had him searching the ruins you happened upon in your stead. But was obvious that his heart wasn't in it, Mills had always been a soft sort. More inclined towards the lifestyle of a town boy, or even a ranch worker. He didn't have a confrontational bone in body. Unfortunately, that also served to translate as 'will run flailing arms in the air like a scared child at the first sign of danger' fairly regularly.

As such, your first clue that your brother and you had been beset by a group of bokoblins was his own high pitched girlish screeching.

And seeing him run past you with a red skinned monster hot on his tail.

Quickly drawing your sword, you managed to skewer another red skinned atrocity through the chest in short order. Little resistance like always, offset as the quickly unbecoming body bursts into purple tinged smoke. Anything good from the 'corpse'? No, doesn't look like it. Two bokoblin horns. A tinderflint club. Wonderful. Well worth the effort of killing these worthless things. Completely.

Chasing after Mills, you very nearly get a new hole for an earring through the efforts of another bokoblin you hadn't seen shooting a crappy arrow at your head. Wonderful. Wasting time to close the distance with the blue bokoblin who thinks its a Rito sharpshooter, you manage to beat it down due to the superior power of SWORD VS FLESH. Only one horn this time, what a gyp!

Finally you have the time to go save your brother. Another few swipes of the sword, and the distracted bokoblin (gee, wonder what held its attention? Couldn't have been your brother shaped noisemaker, noooo) burst apart into wisps of dissipating smoke. Another horn, as well as a shoddy wooden pike. What a letdown.

You didn't even find anything of particular note in this ruin! Just a colourful slate of unknown material depicting a strange warrior wearing green. You've seen these slates drifting around before amongst treasure seekers, they're a novelty and nothing more. You even had one of the child version of the soldier holding the odd mask, but that's somewhere in your bank vault coffers. No reason to lug it around, after all.

Well shit, this venture was a wash. What do now?

[]- Return to Kakariko Village with Mills.

The fact of the matter is, he'll probably manage to attract a Lynal on the way home if you aren't there to pull his ass out of the fire. Damnit.

[]- Send Mils ahead to Kakariko so you can check that one shrine thats slightly out of the way back without any distractions.
He can get home on his own fine, its practically a straight shot. This way, you can check to see if that recent quake shook loose anything from the previously closed off shrine.
 

Alias

Bean Daddy
Moderator
[X]- Return to Kakariko Village with Mills.
The fact of the matter is, he'll probably manage to attract a Lynal on the way home if you aren't there to pull his ass out of the fire. Damnit.

Hopefully check out the shrine later if it doesn’t get looted before we can go back.
 

Eliar

Well-known member
[x]- Send Mils ahead to Kakariko so you can check that one shrine thats slightly out of the way back without any distractions.
He can get home on his own fine, its practically a straight shot. This way, you can check to see if that recent quake shook loose anything from the previously closed off shrine.

Treasure hunting! The shinies await!
 
Top Bottom