What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Grand Adventure(s?) (OPEN) (IC)

"Huh, fancy seeing you here, Miriam. For your information, my 'posse' as you called it are a party of adventurers." Jeffrey scoffed at the woman accosting them.

"Oh, and take Isaac here with you and bugger off. Fake fighting, tch. Are you fully fledged or are you still apprenticing with old Tom? Now shoo!" Jeffrey dismissed the pair.

"Huh, fancy seeing you here, Miriam. For your information, my 'posse' as you called it are a party of adventurers." Jeffrey scoffed at the woman accosting them.

"Oh, and take Isaac here with you and bugger off. Fake fighting, tch. Are you fully fledged or are you still apprenticing with old Tom? Now shoo!" Jeffrey dismissed the pair.

The Woman's face only burned brighter as she looked at Jeffrey, fuming at both the party and himself.

"Uhh, Jeffrey. Should I prepare my sword for this?" Orisa asked. "They seem to be very angry at you."

I think I'll let you take control of the woman for a while, interested in seeing what you'll do with her.

The Woman's face only burned brighter as she looked at Jeffrey, fuming at both the party and himself.

"Uhh, Jeffrey. Should I prepare my sword for this?" Orisa asked. "They seem to be very angry at you."

I think I'll let you take control of the woman for a while, interested in seeing what you'll do with her.

"Nah, leave her to me. Miriam's a cutthroat and a thief alright but she lacks spine. More like barnacle clinging to anything she feels secure." Jeffrey replied, not taking his eyes off the two in front of them.

"So, you any good with those cabbage choppers now, gel or do you still flail around like a drunken sailor? Go fuck off, Miriam or I'll stick your guts with 3 feet of steel. No joking, this time."

As Miriam and Isaac slowly made off, Jeffrey turned around to Orisa and explained.

"Sorry you had to see that, Orisa. I used to run around with their crew but as I said when we met, I want more in life than just being a thug for the Guild here. We had an argument, I had to prove myself with the Somber One and get my release and she's been bitter ever since."

Jeffrey moved past the inn from which the two appeared and walked further into the Red Harbour district. "That said, I think we'd be better served at another place. Chances are we'll be robbed if we stayed here. Pity, the chowder here is quite good. So, you guys coming or not?"

Jeffrey moved past the inn from which the two appeared and walked further into the Red Harbour district. "That said, I think we'd be better served at another place. Chances are we'll be robbed if we stayed here. Pity, the chowder here is quite good. So, you guys coming or not?"
"You handled yourself very well. Brutes only seem to understand when people use threats of physical violence." Roxanne laughed behind her hand a little. She began following Mr. Jeffrey. Looking around the city while she followed. She breathed in the air and exhaled in a cleansing breath. Roxanne had a subdued expression of excitement as she looked around.

"You handled yourself very well. Brutes only seem to understand when people use threats of physical violence." Roxanne laughed behind her hand a little. She began following Mr. Jeffrey. Looking around the city while she followed. She breathed in the air and exhaled in a cleansing breath. Roxanne had a subdued expression of excitement as she looked around.

"Thank you, Miss Roxanne. Say, did someone put a spell of silence on our dear barbarian? I'd half expected him to say something to Miriam back there." Jeffrey glanced back at the big man who was scowling as he walked with the rest of the party.

@Chatokay, anything to add?

"Splendid! Now our big friend here can go into battle gloriously with no fear of death!"
The Barbarian suddenly shakes his head, blinking twice before growling at Jeffrey "You better…" before looking around him "What is this sorcery ? Where are we by Crom ?", as he reach for his sword, ready to fight for his life if needed.

The Barbarian suddenly shakes his head, blinking twice before growling at Jeffrey "You better…" before looking around him "What is this sorcery ? Where are we by Crom ?", as he reach for his sword, ready to fight for his life if needed.

"Oh, you're not under a silencing spell then," Jeffrey replied, cocking an eyebrow at the Barbarian's odd reaction.

"Are you well? That's an odd reaction to a jape."

"Nah, leave her to me. Miriam's a cutthroat and a thief alright but she lacks spine. More like barnacle clinging to anything she feels secure." Jeffrey replied, not taking his eyes off the two in front of them.

"So, you any good with those cabbage choppers now, gel or do you still flail around like a drunken sailor? Go fuck off, Miriam or I'll stick your guts with 3 feet of steel. No joking, this time."

As Miriam and Isaac slowly made off, Jeffrey turned around to Orisa and explained.

"Sorry you had to see that, Orisa. I used to run around with their crew but as I said when we met, I want more in life than just being a thug for the Guild here. We had an argument, I had to prove myself with the Somber One and get my release and she's been bitter ever since."

"Uhhh, alright then." She replied, bringing the cart alongside the group, traversing throughout red harbour, trying to seek out an inn.

The group finally reached a section of the harbour, with a bunch of ships being moored, and various merchants from many different lands trading their goods. Simultaneously a market and a port, Orisa is easily impressed at the sight.
1796f594d3e4992b.jpg

The far western woman whistled at the sight. "I never thought I'd ever see a port this busy and this big. Some activity here."

She then saw an inn just over the corner, looks to be of acceptable quality by the looks of it as well. The group entered the inn, and Orisa quickly reserved three rooms (the barbarian probably needs a room all for himself).

"Right, so here's your keys, here's yours, and-"

"Are you the group the old man sent you?"

She turned her head and looked at a man. He looked like a corpse walking, seemingly powered by willpower alone. His eyes seemed empty of all life, and he looked them with such an empty face everyone felt a chill down their spine. Just to add on top of the creepiness factor, he walked right towards the group and whispered to Orisa.

"24th Street, The Guild's Warehouses. That's where the object is located."

And just as he finished those words. He broke contact and stared at everyone. "Be careful of the person you're dealing with. He is a fearsome opponent, and you don't know how he's going to act."

He then ran, blending into the crowd of Côte Bleue.

There was some silence for a while, but that silence was quickly broken by Orisa. "Huh, didn't thought it would be that easy. Jeffrey, you know what he said?"

"Oh, you're not under a silencing spell then," Jeffrey replied, cocking an eyebrow at the Barbarian's odd reaction.

"Are you well? That's an odd reaction to a jape."
The Barbarian growls "I'll get better if you tell me what is happened, last thing I remember I was in my couch to rest and now we are… where exactly ? "

She turned her head and looked at a man. He looked like a corpse walking, seemingly powered by willpower alone. His eyes seemed empty of all life, and he looked them with such an empty face everyone felt a chill down their spine. Just to add on top of the creepiness factor, he walked right towards the group and whispered to Orisa.

"24th Street, The Guild's Warehouses. That's where the object is located."

And just as he finished those words. He broke contact and stared at everyone. "Be careful of the person you're dealing with. He is a fearsome opponent, and you don't know how he's going to act."

He then ran, blending into the crowd of Côte Bleue.
"And who was the walking skeleton ? By Crom if I don't have an explanation soon…"

There was some silence for a while, but that silence was quickly broken by Orisa. "Huh, didn't thought it would be that easy. Jeffrey, you know what he said?"
Khosrow resisted the urge to groan at Orisa's choice of word as he pinched the bridge of his nose. First it was that quest giver back in Katherinsand and now it was her turn to jinx the party.

Oh, here we go again, he thought to himself irritatedly.

Jeffrey was aghast. He didn't recognise the face at first but he would never forget the voice for as long as he lived.

"Oh dear, oh dear oh dear oh dear," Jeffrey muttered to himself.

"Uh, missy? I think we all need to talk. Lets get ourselves into the inn, find someplace quiet and prepare. Things might be a mite more hairy than expected."

Roxanne saw what looked like a zombie talking to Miss Orisa. He whispered to her and then ran into the crowd. She crossed her arms and had a small frown on her face.

"Uh, missy? I think we all need to talk. Lets get ourselves into the inn, find someplace quiet and prepare. Things might be a mite more hairy than expected."
"I thought we were in the inn and Miss Orisa had reserved rooms, Mister Jeffrey? Pardon me please if I'm mistaken." Roxanne said.

"Huh? I could have sworn we were still outside. Best we go to our rooms then, Miss Roxanne. We all need to talk and I'd like you to check on all of us. These odd loss of time worries me," Jeffrey replied softly.
"Yes, I will try to divine the nature of the losses of time. That is troubling. Have you sustained any recent injuries or illnesses that I should know about?" She questioned Jeffrey in a soft monotone. She was scared that he was sick and wanted to at least know what may be happening on a preliminary level before she could rest.

"Yes, I will try to divine the nature of the losses of time. That is troubling. Have you sustained any recent injuries or illnesses that I should know about?" She questioned Jeffrey in a soft monotone. She was scared that he was sick and wanted to at least know what may be happening on a preliminary level before she could rest.

"I haven't been sick recently, but there was some injuries when we, I mean myself, the barbarian, Orisa and Khosrow battled that demon recently. Does that help?"

"I haven't been sick recently, but there was some injuries when we, I mean myself, the barbarian, Orisa and Khosrow battled that demon recently. Does that help?"
"Did the demon curse you or say anything to you important that you can think of if the demon could talk? Anyway, I would like to know if any of you got head injuries? If your head is healthy then my divinations will be more generalized." She paused.

"I assure you that none of this will hurt. I hope that's reassuring." Roxanne said.

"Did the demon curse you or say anything to you important that you can think of if the demon could talk? Anyway, I would like to know if any of you got head injuries? If your head is healthy then my divinations will be more generalized." She paused.

"I assure you that none of this will hurt. I hope that's reassuring." Roxanne said.

"I think...uh, I'm sure..."Jeffrey trailed off as he began massaging his head. "I don't really remember, Miss Roxanne and it hurts to think it."

"I think...uh, I'm sure..."Jeffrey trailed off as he began massaging his head. "I don't really remember, Miss Roxanne and it hurts to think it."
"This is worrying. I'd like to check you at the soonest opportunity." She went to the lobby instead of her room at first because she couldn't sleep yet. And because if anybody wanted her to check them right away she'd be available.

The barbarians growls "Or maybe it is this witch, what is her name… Emisomething… She have great powers, even have a magic boat that can fly" he say, wincing as he remember the awful experience. "Maybe she did things to our mind as well."

As Roxanne arrived at the lobby, she noticed something odd about her interaction with Orisa, Jeffrey and the Barbarian earlier. When she started focusing her mind a little, the shapeshifter mage remembered something and she was surprised she didn't notice it until now!

Roxanne turned around to tell others about this, only to found that the three of them were out of their room as they quickly approached the shapeshifter. Everyone, except the Barbarian, said in unison about the one thing in their mind.

"WHERE'S KHOSROW?!"

=====

10 minutes earlier

Khosrow resisted the urge to groan at Orisa's choice of word as he pinched the bridge of his nose. First it was that quest giver back in Katherinsand and now it was her turn to jinx the party.

Oh, here we go again, he thought to himself irritatedly.
As he reached to grab a seat at a nearby chair to rest for a moment...

"Psst!"

Khosrow heard a sound made to get someone's attention. He turned to the source and found a woman in black dress stood at a room's doorway. Her face was obscured by the shadow ftom the black hood she's wearing. The woman motioned her hand at him, making quick gestures to approach her as though it was urgent.

Annoyed yet curious, Khosrow approached the woman but not without preparing a Wind Strike spell and having it concealed behind his hand just in case. As he got close to her, the battlemage asked.

"Alright, was is... it..."

Wait a minute...

He took a better look at the woman's face. Despite being almost shrouded by shadow from her hood, Khosrow could still recognize and remember her face and eyes. He was surprised to see her here in this city after he accompanied her to Katherinsand more than a week ago.

"Hey, aren't you-"

Before he could finished his sentence, the woman's eyes glowed bright red and the battlemage's body suddenly froze. He immediately felt really weak and drowsy. The last thing he saw and remembered was him quickly leaning towards her, falling to the floor before darkness took over his sight and felt someone grab hold of his shoulders.

Last edited:
As Roxanne arrived at the lobby, she noticed something odd about her interaction with Orisa, Jeffrey and the Barbarian earlier. When she started focusing her mind a little, the shapeshifter mage remembered something and she was surprised she didn't notice it until now!

Roxanne turned around to tell others about this, only to found that the three of them were out of their room as they quickly approached the shapeshifter. Everyone, except the Barbarian, said in unison about the one thing in their mind.

"WHERE'S KHOSROW?!"
Roxanne milled about in the lobby, waiting for Mr. Khosrow to appear or her teammates to suggest a plan of action. She didn't know the Battle Mage very well and didn't know where he was likely to be when he was missing. She responded to the query from the others the only way she knew how:

"I don't know where he went. He was here when we came to this place, was he not? Where could Mr. Khosrow have gone?" She asked.

"Uh, wasn't he finding a seat back there?" Jeffrey pointed to the table facing the door of the inn.

"Well...damn, I think there's more trouble coming our way. Darn it, missy! No more tempting the demon Murpheh!" Jeffrey's face was paling as he noticed the swordstaff on the floor, lying utterly alone without the mage anywhere in sight.

The Barbarians laughs heartily. "Ah ! Remember where he went last time ? He must having some good times with a whore or two…" before frowning, noticing the sword staff on the ground as well "Or maybe not…" before heading toward the front desk, growling "You ! Did you notice a stupid mage going somewhere ? Speak now!"

The Barbarians laughs heartily. "Ah ! Remember where he went last time ? He must having some good times with a whore or two…" before frowning, noticing the sword staff on the ground as well "Or maybe not…" before heading toward the front desk, growling "You ! Did you notice a stupid mage going somewhere ? Speak now!"
"What mage, ser? I thought that... woman with a big pair of wings and horns with you is a mage?" The confused receptionist asked.

The Barbarian sighs in exasperation. "Not her. Male, grumpy, use to visit brothels. " before growling again "Do not test my patience and tell me if you have seen anything !" he almost shout, slamming his fist on the desk.

Back
Top Bottom