What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Grand Adventure(s?) (OPEN) (IC)

"YAYYYY!!!!" Orisa screamed, practically hugging the half demon girl alongside her. "It's good to have another woman around! Gods know that these men are a pain to deal with, with you by my side. I think I can surely handle them better."

"Now, how about we go and-"
Roxanne kept a stoic expression as Miss Orisa practically gave her a hug. She could sympathize, truly.

"Ahaha. Yes, cross-gender relations can be... awkward at best." She said with a small smile.

"Oh... oh right."

Orisa's face visibly drooped and she only brought the group towards the inn. She's not the one to push the group too hard, and it looks like the group is not keen on walking the night out, with the possibility of bandits and whatnot.

"I'll go get a room and we'll get settled. Tomorrow we leave for the Blue Coast. Alright?"
Roxanne looked at the inn and kept her arms folded. She nodded to Miss Orisa.

"Very well. I may be awake for some of the night fine-tuning my magic to prepare for our quest but some downtime would definitely help. Then tomorrow we can depart." She nodded.

Orisa woke up in a white room. Everything is white, and she couldn't make any further discerning details. With the possible exception of figure in front of her.

She looks beautiful, wearing the same blue robe with white clothes underneath it, a flowing blonde hair, the frilliest of skirts, and of course. Her signature nonreactive face.
iIV8X3q.jpg

"Hello Orisa." Emila greeted. "Are you doing well?"

"Uhh, yeah I guess. Wait, how are you doing this? is this some kind of magic spell you're doing?"

"Oh, nothing of the sort. Just a simple neural pathway I activated via your necklace, we're talking in your dreamworld Orisa. I feel like this would be a great place for us to discuss about further matters."

The far western woman willed something, and suddenly, just as it appeared, a sofa appeared behind her and she sat on it. "Ohhh, we really are in the dreamworld. Alright then Emily, what do you want?"

"Do you know why I am here in the first place Orisa? why I am making my appearance right now? I am over 500 years old and you're not wondering why I made my appearance here?"

"Well, kinda I guess. But I guess that's probably your own reason Emily."

The blonde woman sighed when she heard Orisa said that, It's as if she felt disappointed at Orisa's demeanor. "Orisa, I am here because of you. You coming to Katherinsand has changed something, something rather fundamental, It's very rare for me to say this, but you are about to change the course of the Empire. The half demon woman is right, I sense an army amassing beyond the Empire's northern borders, and your actions with your compatriots will make sure that the pieces fall into place the right way, or the wrong way."

"All I'm asking from you, miss Orisa, is to be careful with what you do next. The fate of the Empire hangs on your actions after this. I know you can do it, you are much stronger than you imagine."

Just after that, Orisa woke up, cold sweat running throughout her body. She saw the group still sleeping, and the sun rising.

"Well, let's get this show started then Orisa. Fate of the Empire hangs in the balance and all that stuff." She said, jumping out of the bed and preparing for the day ahead.

You can make a post of their journey to Côte Bleu/ ask Orisa a question once your character is awake. Either one works.

Fine-tuning her magic was a process that could only be done by dying at the right time to jolt herself back to life with her magic. Only then could she sleep. She woke early and did hygiene and dressed. It was much like any day.

She came downstairs and tried not to knock anything's side with her wings.

"Miss Orisa, how was your sleep? I tried divining my fate and failed." Roxy said.

Last edited:
Fine-tuning her magic was a process that could only be done by dying at the right time to jolt herself back to life with her magic. Only then could she sleep. She woke early and did hygiene and dressed. It was much like any day.

She came downstairs and tried not to knock anything's side with her wings.

"Miss Orisa, how was your sleep? I tried divining my fate and failed." Roxy said.

"I was asleep, was dreaming about some weird things again." The woman replied. Stretching her hands and looking at the rising sun.

"Where are the others?"

"I was asleep, was dreaming about some weird things again." The woman replied. Stretching her hands and looking at the rising sun.

"Where are the others?"
"Many of my former colleagues would tell me of their dreams. It aids divining magic. But nowadays I find the most use out of nightmares." Roxy said.

"I imagine in their rooms or outside." Roxanne said.

She sipped a cup of coffee she ordered.

"Or maybe they beat me to breakfast." She noted.

"Where are the others?"
Yesterday...

As the newly expanded party of five adventurers were walking toward the lower commercial district of Katherinsand, with the sun setting from behind and nighttime was approaching, Khosrow followed them to The Drunken Adventurer tavern but he would not enter the premise for the mage had other plans in mind. He would only use the tavern as reference and starting point for him to look for a specific place in the city.

As Khosrow followed along with the group, he felt a tugging on his sleeve and turned to find Roxanne walking right next to him, staring curiously at the man with a pair of her blood red eyes.

"What?" He asked her.

Your turn, @sneakykitten.

Yesterday...

As the newly expanded party of five adventurers were walking toward the lower commercial district of Katherinsand, with the sun setting from behind and nighttime was approaching, Khosrow followed them to The Drunken Adventurer tavern but he would not enter the premise for the mage had other plans in mind. He would only use the tavern as reference and starting point for him to look for a specific place in the city.

As Khosrow followed along with the group, he felt a tugging on his sleeve and turned to find Roxanne walking right next to him, staring curiously at the man with a pair of her blood red eyes.

"What?" He asked her.

Your turn, @sneakykitten.
"How did you know I'm a shapeshifter mage?" Roxy asked curiously. She kept pace as they walked along.

"How did you know I'm a shapeshifter mage?" Roxy asked curiously. She kept pace as they walked along.
"Would you believe me if my art teacher back in the academy in Deylavaz was one? Turned her hair into living snakes instead of having horns like yours. Yeesh," Khosrow replied, shuddered slightly yet also fond at the thought of that person.

Even though his teacher, Nousha, was well-known in the academy for her eccentric yet amicable, gentle and kind nature, Khosrow and most students in the academy were a little uncomfortable dealing with her. Particularly when she carelessly invaded their personal space during teaching in art class. Nousha's living snake hair was the main cause; she was unaware that some of her snakes would always slithering over the head of every unfortunate sitting student as she bent down and guided each child in her art lessons. It was fortunate that her snakes were docile, fangless and not venomous, or else the Royal Academy would never give her any teaching position in the first place.

"Still, she was a fine woman and everyone liked her," he shrugged. "If it wasn't for her character, I don't think any of us could put up with her hair for snakes for a long time."

All of a sudden, the mage's eyebrows arched up as a thought came across his mind. He then turned to Roxanne that was walking alongside him.

"By the way, Roxanne. You live in Katherinsand for quite a while, right?" Khosrow asked.

Last edited:
"Would you believe me if my art teacher back in the academy in Deylavaz was one? Turned her hair into living snakes instead of having horns like yours, yeesh," Khosrow replied, shuddered slightly yet also fond at the thought of that person.

Even though his teacher, Nousha, was well-known in the academy for her eccentric yet amicable, gentle and kind nature, Khosrow and most students in the academy were a little uncomfortable dealing with her. Particularly when she carelessly invaded their personal space during teaching in art class. Nousha's living snake hair was the main cause; she was unaware that some of her snakes would always slithering over the head of every unfortunate sitting student as she bent down and guided each child in her art lessons. It was fortunate that her snakes were docile, fangless and none of them were venomous as well, or else the Royal Academy would never give her any teaching position in the first place.

"Still, she was a fine woman and everyone liked her," he shrugged. "If it wasn't for her character, I don't think any of us could put up with her hair for snakes for a long time."

All of a sudden, the mage's eyebrows arched up as a thought came across his mind. He then turned to Roxanne that was walking alongside him.

"By the way, Roxanne. You live in Katherinsand for quite a while, right?" Khosrow asked.
Roxanne smiled a little. It was always good to hear of somebody that had experience with a positive influence with a shapeshifter mage. She winced sympathetically when she imagined having to deal with hair of snakes. But she found the idea kinda cool if she could figure out how it worked.

"I'm happy you had such a good experience with your art teacher." She said as they walked.

"Yes, I have lived in Katherinsand for all of my life, in a poor working-class family." Roxanne said.

Khosrow turned to other members of the party in front of him, making sure both mages were out of their hearing range as he bent down a bit and whispered next to Roxanne's ears.

"Do you know where's the nearest brothel in this city?" He quietly asked.
Roxanne looked the same as always. If she was shocked you couldn't tell.

She conjured a writing tool and a piece of parchment, wrote down directions and gave it to him. And then continued walking as if nothing had happened.

Roxanne looked the same as always. If she was shocked you couldn't tell.

She conjured a writing tool and a piece of parchment, wrote down directions and gave it to him. And then continued walking as if nothing had happened.
Khosrow read the basic map of Katherinsand and the directions included that Roxanne had drawn for him. While the battlemage appreciated the help, he frowned as he watched the shapeshifter walked ahead of him. He felt a little hurt for the silent treatment she gave him earlier.

Was it because he asked for some directions to the nearest brothel? Khosrow was tempted to tell Roxanne that women looking for male companions at brothels was a thing but he thought that would not be helpful.

After Khosrow accompanied the party to The Drunken Adventurer, he went to the brothel according to the directions provided on the map. He turned his eyes down on the piece of parchment, focusing on the name of the lecherous establishment writen on it.

Red Eyes.

"Many of my former colleagues would tell me of their dreams. It aids divining magic. But nowadays I find the most use out of nightmares." Roxy said.

She sipped a cup of coffee she ordered.

"Or maybe they beat me to breakfast." She noted.
Today...

The front door of The Drunken Adventurer was slammed open, startling both Orisa and Roxanne as Khosrow came rushing in before he quickly shut the door. Sweating and panting as he leaned his back against the door, facing the two women.

"Khosrow! What happened to you? Why are you sweating?" Orisa asked worriedly she rarely saw Khosrow's state like this before her. Unless it was something really bad just happened.

"We need to pack up and leave now!" He shouted.

"I was hoping I'd stop running from the city guards, or a mob after being an adventurer but it seems life laughs at such naivety," Jeffrey lamented.

"I hope this were not the friends of guards we made acquaintance with recently?"

"We need to pack up and leave now!" He shouted.
Roxanne put down her cup of coffee and got up. Her leather satchel contained everything she needed and she had it hanging off her shoulder.

"Right." She said.

"I hope this were not the friends of guards we made acquaintance with recently?"
"You made friends with the guards?" Roxy asked.

"Not only friends, I saw one of them was a City Guard Captain. I guess the whole 'on the take' thing goes higher than we expected, eh?"

"Great, just great. Next time, no healing on the enemies, missy!" Jeffrey pointed at Orisa.

"Well, time to do a disappearing act. Someone wake the barbarian up and I'll talk to our innkeeper, hopefully he won't blab."

"Great, just great. Next time, no healing on the enemies, missy!" Jeffrey pointed at Orisa.

"Well, time to do a disappearing act. Someone wake the barbarian up and I'll talk to our innkeeper, hopefully he won't blab."

Orisa felt that she was on a blur this whole time. The sudden announcement by Khosrow that they should go. The reaction by her friends, and the sudden order by Jeffrey to wake up the Barbarian. Fortunately, she snapped out of the blur and nodded at the Rogue.

"Right. I'll do that."

She ran upstairs, slapped the Barbarian's face, and then started bringing his still groggy self downstairs.

"We move. Now!"

10 Minutes Later.

All of them are suddenly on a carriage ride. Orisa busy riding the horse while the rest were resting on the carriage. By Orisa's calculus, they should reach the Blue Coast by sundown. Since she is pushing the horse particularly hard.

"Khosrow. What the fuck did you just do?" She asked the Battlemage. "Do you intend on getting us exiled from Katherinsand or something?"

"Khosrow. What the fuck did you just do?" She asked the Battlemage. "Do you intend on getting us exiled from Katherinsand or something?"
"I didn't do anything, alright?" Khosrow exclaimed from the carriage before he started explaining. "I stumbled upon some corrupt City Guards we fought that day after I walked out of Red Eyes brothel. As I ran away from them, that's when I saw more of their friends and their Captain showed up before I managed to lose them."

Roxanne was on the carriage shuffling her cards and listening to the surroundings. She read the cards now and again to try to divine her fate. Always she failed. She had read Miss Orisa's fate but she couldn't read her own? She relaxed and touched her horns.

"I didn't do anything, alright?" Khosrow exclaimed from the carriage before he started explaining. "I stumbled upon some corrupt City Guards we fought that day after I walked out of Red Eyes brothel. As I ran away from them, that's when I saw more of their friends and their Captain showed up before I managed to lose them."

"Oookay. That's weird, well, at least it isn't a demon or anything." Orisa replied. Now riding the carriage at full speed.

Roxanne was on the carriage shuffling her cards and listening to the surroundings. She read the cards now and again to try to divine her fate. Always she failed. She had read Miss Orisa's fate but she couldn't read her own? She relaxed and touched her horns.

4 Hours Later.

"Whew, welp, we're finally here." Orisa said, looking at the sight in front of her.
76a83839165e42b639cc4b82f17940c5.jpg

Buildings lined with ceramic roofs, ships coming and going, ships from even exotic locations as well are seen throughout the ports. The group has finally arrived at Côte Bleue. The Primary port city for the Central Empire.

As Orisa started taking the carriage into the city. She decided to woke up Jeffrey from his sleep. "Yo Jeffrey. We're here, you know any places to crash or find where our lead is?"

"Eh, we've arrived?" Jeffrey groggily asked. He took a look around him, seeing the familiar sight of his home once more.

"I suggest one of the inns near the Red Harbour. Prices are fair, the food is good and we'd be surrounded by Yuishi and Wakoku merchants; less troublesome than some of the less reputable folks of Cote Bleu." Jeffrey informed his fellow adventurers.

"As for a lead for our quest, we'll ask one of the barmaids in whichever inn we stay for a meeting with the Somber One's people. They'll contact us and you can ask your questions then."

Roxanne looked around. She always wondered what traveling on a ship was like as a little girl. She heard Mr. Jeffrey talk about the next steps in their plan. She continued looking for any signs of being unwelcome. A little paranoid after hearing about what happened to Mr. Khosrow.

Last edited:
"Eh, we've arrived?" Jeffrey groggily asked. He took a look around him, seeing the familiar sight of his home once more.

"I suggest one of the inns near the Red Harbour. Prices are fair, the food is good and we'd be surrounded by Yuishi and Wakoku merchants; less troublesome than some of the less reputable folks of Cote Bleu." Jeffrey informed his fellow adventurers.

"Hmm, that's interesting. Red Harbour you say?" Orisa asked, driving the carriage towards an area labeled 'red harbour'.

"As for a lead for our quest, we'll ask one of the barmaids in whichever inn we stay for a meeting with the Somber One's people. They'll contact us and you can ask your questions then."

The carriage stopped at one of the bars around the harbour, and to greet them. A brawl broke out, two figure fighting each other as a crowd slowly gathers around.

"Ah!! you fucker!!"

"Yeah yeah suck it up. SUCK IT UP!"

The two figures were enthusiastically fighting, before one of the figures found an opportunity to kick them in the face, knocking the figure out.

"Yeah, that's what happens when you mess with ME!"

Orisa busied herself unloading the crew, trying to not be an attention grabber when the figure noticed Jeffrey.

"Who... wha? Jeffrey?"

Orisa turned her head around, and was quite unexpected by the figure confronting them.
timothy-kong-girl-rogue.jpg

"Jeffrey? Is that seriously you?!?" She asked, now slowly approaching the group.

Roxanne looked around. She always wondered what traveling on a ship was like as a little girl. She heard Mr. Jeffrey talk about the next steps in their plan. She continued looking for any signs of being unwelcome. A little paranoid after hearing about what happened to Mr. Khosrow.

Roxanne and the rest of the group proceeded to look at the woman approaching them, unsure what to do next.

"Oh you've got a lot of nerve coming back here Jeffrey. And who's the posse you're bringing here?!?"

Roxanne and the rest of the group proceeded to look at the woman approaching them, unsure what to do next.

"Oh you've got a lot of nerve coming back here Jeffrey. And who's the posse you're bringing here?!?"
Roxanne wrapped her wings around herself to make herself appear less threatening. If professional fighters or even fight enthusiasts hung out at this bar then she needed to be careful since this woman could easily finish her off by getting close. She had a slight frown on her face tho it was more about not knowing who this woman was than anything threatening. Roxanne looked around the scene again to make sure they had a clear path to escape if needed or if this woman had friends around.

Back
Top Bottom