What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Grand Adventure(s?) (OPEN) (IC)

The barbarian shakes his head, grumbling his annoyance "They attacked us, why should we not be able to defend ourselves ?" he ask, sighing loudly. "Crom won't be happy, not that he is ever…"

The barbarian shakes his head, grumbling his annoyance "They attacked us, why should we not be able to defend ourselves ?" he ask, sighing loudly. "Crom won't be happy, not that he is ever…"

"I'm not usually violent, but when someone comes at me with the intention to kill I try to return the favour, missy."

"Y'know what, don't answer that, just follow me and find out any clues of the bandits. I don't need anymore bullshit in my day again."
"I'm not usually violent, but when someone comes at me with the intention to kill I try to return the favour, missy."
Khosrow rolls his eyes, shaking his head at the rogue's half-baked reply. "Congratulations, Jeffrey. You've just made a woman really angry a day after your first meeting with her, before you came up with a defense that is really not helpful at fixing her shattered first impression on you." The battlemage then turns his gaze of disappointment at the Barbarian standing next to him. "Both of you."

Khosrow rolls his eyes, shaking his head at the rogue's half-baked reply. "Congratulations, Jeffrey. You've just made a woman really angry a day after your first meeting with her, before you came up with a defense that is really not helpful for her shattered first impression on you." The battlemage then turns his gaze on the Barbarian. "Both of you."
The Barbarian shrugs crossing his arms over his chest. "You really think I care what she think of me ? You should watch your back, Pussy, she will stab you in the back first chance she got" he growl. "Look at her, she helped our enemies here, the ones that wanted to kill us!"

The Barbarian shrugs crossing his arms over his chest. "You really think I care what she think of me ? You should watch your back, Pussy, she will stab you in the back first chance she got" he growl. "Look at her, she helped our enemies here, the ones that wanted to kill us!"
"Wow, I didn't know we have a man in this party an 'excellent' judge of character! A man that can tell who's foul and who's not just by looooking at them!" Khosrow sarcastically retorts him, the undeniably venomous, patronizing tone he makes is as plain as a pikestaff to everyone in the party.

The battlemage then takes a few slow steps forwards before he stops in front of the Barbarian, as though he is sizing up the brawny man from the Great Desert and seemingly unimpressed with him. His glare still has not taken off the Barbarian. He then makes a mocking gasp.

"Don't tell me you're a mind reader too! Oh dear... A person that's born with such incredible ability must be quite handy for someone of your savagery, isn't it?"

Last edited:
Khosrow rolls his eyes, shaking his head at the rogue's half-baked reply. "Congratulations, Jeffrey. You've just made a woman really angry a day after your first meeting with her, before you came up with a defense that is really not helpful at fixing her shattered first impression on you." The battlemage then turns his gaze of disappointment at the Barbarian standing next to him. "Both of you."

"We can't all grew up to be honourable men and women like you, Khosrow and O-whateveryournameis."

Internally, Jeffrey was reeling at the notion that any group of guards in the Empire actually being this foolish, playing at stupid challenges like that. Ah well, at least he got a nice short sword out of that talented guard.

"Alright alright enough!" Orisa screamed out of her lungs. "We're here to do a job, not to argue with each other over some stuff that's already happened."

"You two." She pointed to the barbarian and Jeffrey, "next time, don't kill or hurt anyone unless I EXPLICITLY order you two do it. The last thing we all want is to be labeled as criminals."

"As for you Khosrow. Well, I think I got a very important job for you, can you keep them in line while we finish this quest? I really don't want to see my party break up even before our payday arrives..."

"Alright alright enough!" Orisa screamed out of her lungs. "We're here to do a job, not to argue with each other over some stuff that's already happened."

"You two." She pointed to the barbarian and Jeffrey, "next time, don't kill or hurt anyone unless I EXPLICITLY order you two do it. The last thing we all want is to be labeled as criminals."

"As for you Khosrow. Well, I think I got a very important job for you, can you keep them in line while we finish this quest? I really don't want to see my party break up even before our payday arrives..."

Jeffrey looked at the barbarian and whispered, "We're going to have to look after the naive fools, aren't we?"

"Wow, I didn't know we have a man in this party an 'excellent' judge of character! A man that can tell who's foul and who's not just by looooking at them!" Khosrow sarcastically retorts him, the undeniably venomous, patronizing tone he makes is as plain as a pikestaff to everyone in the party.

The battlemage then takes a few slow steps forwards before he stops in front of the Barbarian, as though he is sizing up the brawny man from the Great Desert and seemingly unimpressed with him. His glare still has not taken off the Barbarian. He then makes a mocking gasp.

"Don't tell me you're a mind reader too! Oh dear... A person that's born with such incredible ability must be quite handy for someone of your savagery, isn't it?"
The Barbarian growls dangerously "Listen Pussy, you might not realise this, safe as you are reading your books in a very well protected tower, but when someone is running at you with weapons draw, you can be sure they want to kill you, to hurt you at the very last. And I know what I saw, I saw her helping our enemies after something, you maybe ? attacked us with magic. So tel me, who's size she is, really ? Who's size are you ?"
The Barbarian narrows his eyes to a slit "Are you telling me that I should let myself being killed without defending myself ?" he ask. "That won't happen. if someone attack me, I will deal with them the barbarians way, is that clear ? "
He then laugh as he hear this "You don't want this party to break ? Then don't betray us any more. You need us, it is obvious you don't have the stomach to do what is needed, when it is needed. But then you are mages, both of you, you don't have honour."
Jeffrey looked at the barbarian and whispered, "We're going to have to look after the naive fools, aren't we?"
The barbarian whispers back. "We'll need to watch our backs from them, or they will stab us in the back. They are mages, that's all they can do"

The barbarian whispers back. "We'll need to watch our backs from them, or they will stab us in the back. They are mages, that's all they can do"

"I wouldn't go that far, but yes let us watch our backs. I didn't realize adventurers are so...soft-hearted these days. The ones I've seen passing by Cote Bleu seems like battle hardened veterans compared to these two."

The Barbarian growls dangerously "Listen Pussy, you might not realise this, safe as you are reading your books in a very well protected tower, but when someone is running at you with weapons draw, you can be sure they want to kill you, to hurt you at the very last. And I know what I saw, I saw her helping our enemies after something, you maybe ? attacked us with magic. So tel me, who's size she is, really ? Who's size are you ?"

The Barbarian narrows his eyes to a slit "Are you telling me that I should let myself being killed without defending myself ?" he ask. "That won't happen. if someone attack me, I will deal with them the barbarians way, is that clear ? "

"I wouldn't go that far, but yes let us watch our backs. I didn't realize adventurers are so...soft-hearted these days. The ones I've seen passing by Cote Bleu seems like battle hardened veterans compared to these two."

Orisa only shaked her head as they went on through the Great Central Forest, in her mind thinking them less and less like respectable adventurers and more like brute beasts.

I swear, these idiots are going to have their asses handed to them one day with that kind of attitude. She thought, before suddenly, she notices something and motions the group to stop.

And immediately she deflected an arrow with her sword, this is later followed by multiple arrows, to which Orisa then spun her sword around, acting as a sort of impromptu shield to the onslaught of attacks.

"Look who the cat dragged in." A voice rang out, and just as fast as those arrows, a figure appeared in front of the group.
c5e59988d5a70d38cb13e23868836b62.jpg

A red haired woman wearing a most revealing corset, her knife on one hand and her violin on her back. And behind her, stood two men. Two incredibly intimidating men.

1051532c2b60505513e06d8915e738f6.jpg

633ed8dc611425d833de21f397ac9f50.jpg

"Figured we'd found some adventurers on these woods. Didn't you listen to the guards manning those outposts?" The woman asked, her face smiling with all the smugness she can muster.

"Well, yeah, but we're here on a job, are you gonna get in our way or what?" Orisa replied.

"Oh, we'd do more than that. I think some commemoration trophies in the form of all your heads will work." The brute then replied, Orisa then felt a chill on her back before she took some step away from the bandits.

"What? are you just gonna stand there?" The woman asked. "Fine then, have it your way."

"And just like that, the woman unsheathed her knife and lunged towards Orisa, the Far Western Woman dodging her attack before replying it with a kick, sending her to a tree.

"Alright! so these are the bandits huh? let's go!!!" Orisa screamed.

Orisa only shaked her head as they went on through the Great Central Forest, in her mind thinking them less and less like respectable adventurers and more like brute beasts.

I swear, these idiots are going to have their asses handed to them one day with that kind of attitude. She thought, before suddenly, she notices something and motions the group to stop.

And immediately she deflected an arrow with her sword, this is later followed by multiple arrows, to which Orisa then spun her sword around, acting as a sort of impromptu shield to the onslaught of attacks.

"Look who the cat dragged in." A voice rang out, and just as fast as those arrows, a figure appeared in front of the group.
c5e59988d5a70d38cb13e23868836b62.jpg

A red haired woman wearing a most revealing corset, her knife on one hand and her violin on her back. And behind her, stood two men. Two incredibly intimidating men.

1051532c2b60505513e06d8915e738f6.jpg

633ed8dc611425d833de21f397ac9f50.jpg

"Figured we'd found some adventurers on these woods. Didn't you listen to the guards manning those outposts?" The woman asked, her face smiling with all the smugness she can muster.

"Well, yeah, but we're here on a job, are you gonna get in our way or what?" Orisa replied.

"Oh, we'd do more than that. I think some commemoration trophies in the form of all your heads will work." The brute then replied, Orisa then felt a chill on her back before she took some step away from the bandits.

"What? are you just gonna stand there?" The woman asked. "Fine then, have it your way."

"And just like that, the woman unsheathed her knife and lunged towards Orisa, the Far Western Woman dodging her attack before replying it with a kick, sending her to a tree.

"Alright! so these are the bandits huh? let's go!!!" Orisa screamed.

"So can I kill them or do we have to be...merciful?" Jeffrey teased Orisa as he brandished his long knife while advancing towards the enemy mage.

"May I have this dance, old man?"

"So can I kill them or do we have to be...merciful?" Jeffrey teased Orisa as he brandished his long knife while advancing towards the enemy mage.
The Barbarian smirks at those words "People don't kill people anyway" he state. "Sword does, so…" before unsheathing his sword and advancing toward the second man.

The Barbarian smirks at those words "People don't kill people anyway" he state. "Sword does, so…" before unsheathing his sword and advancing toward the second man.

"Best you don't tangle with the monks of Yuishi and Wakoku, or the Sea Peoples of Tanah Selatan then." Jeffrey muttered while dodging a fireball cast by the enemy's mage.

"Best you don't tangle with the monks of Yuishi and Wakoku, or the Sea Peoples of Tanah Selatan then." Jeffrey muttered while dodging a fireball cast by the enemy's mage.
Khosrow sees the ultramarine-robed old mage is focusing on the Côte Bleuish rogue as he's advancing towards him. It is not uncommon seeing mages carrying out acts of banditry, preying on innocent travelers, caravans and villages for any of their utterly selfish reasons. Most "bandit-mages" are barely adults and in their 30s; they are either mage academy dropouts, or trained mages that left the academy or the military in disgrace.

This mage before him, on the other hand, is an old man judging by thick grey beard he has. Old age usually denotes someone with much experience and power, especially so with mages.

But an old mage, most likely an experienced and powerful one, who is also bandit? That does not bode well for Khosrow.

As soon as the old bandit-mage casts a Fireball spell at Jeffrey, which he fortunately has dodged, Khosrow sees an opening and quickly holds his swordstaff's shaft with both hands before directing its blunt mace end at the old man. In a brief moment, the battlemage channels his mana into the swordstaff and let it flow through the pole arm, before the blunt mace starts glowing white and it releases a bolt of raw magical energy at him.

Jeffrey was thankful for the timely intervention of Khosrow, for he was at his wits end dealing with the bandit mage. As the mage was now forced to shield himself from Khosrow's magebolt, Jeffrey had a chance to catch his breath, so to speak.

Jeffrey quickly untied the rope of his marlinspike from his belt, twirling the makeshift weapon before throwing it at the bandit's tome, hoping that his shield would defend only against magic, not mundane weaponry.

Last edited:
Meanwhile the Barbarians is judging his own opponent, trying to find an opening in his guard. "By Crom" he say, trying to provoke the man into attacking first, "A pussy and two faggots, you weren't able to find real men to help you ?" he grins savagely.

While the group was fighting the bandits using their own way. Orisa was busy using her two bladed sword against the combat bard, she is surprisingly adept in hand to hand combat, and is proving more than a match for Orisa with her swordplay.

"Tch, you're good." The bard complimented, to which Orisa replied with a thrust from her blade, a thrust she narrowly missed by the skin of her teeth.

"Girl, shut up and fight. We are not going to discuss our philosophies in the middle of thi-"

Orisa only managed to receive a kick to her face, sending her flying into a nearby tree. A visible *thump* was heard as her back impacted the bark of the tree. Groans of pain followed, groans which are only accented with strong *thumps* against the ground as Orisa regains her footing once more.

"Got me there." The black haired woman complimented, as she readied her sword once more. The bard only smiled, before she then seemingly disappeared from her sight.

Orisa blinked a couple of times. But, seemingly from instinct, she only closed her eyes, a ruffle there, a shuffle here, and... that's IT!

She placed her sword on her left, and the sound of a powerful SMACK was heard afterwards. This time, there was the sound of groans once more, fortunately for Orisa though, it came all from that bard woman bandit.

Not wanting to waste an opportunity, Orisa manages to punch her in the face, firmly knocking her out of the fight.

"Whew, that was fast." She said to herself. "Hey guys! ya need help or what? I got a downed bandit here!"

The Barbarian shakes his head, while keeping an eye on his opponent "Tell me faggot, is yours like ours ? Never knowing what she want ? " he ask as the muscular warrior charge him in a furry. Pivoting on himself to avoid the heavy ax, he then lash out with his sword, cutting deeply in the back of the man's right thigh, making him fall on his knees "I'll stay down if I was you faggot, or else…" before looking to Orisa "Hey Pussy, I hope you're happy, he is still alive… for now", before laughing in the direction of the enemy mage "You really want to keep fighting ? I can count well enough to see that we are more than one".

The Barbarian shakes his head, while keeping an eye on his opponent "Tell me faggot, is yours like ours ? Never knowing what she want ? " he ask as the muscular warrior charge him in a furry. Pivoting on himself to avoid the heavy ax, he then lash out with his sword, cutting deeply in the back of the man's right thigh, making him fall on his knees "I'll stay down if I was you faggot, or else…" before looking to Orisa "Hey Pussy, I hope you're happy, he is still alive… for now", before laughing in the direction of the enemy mage "You really want to keep fighting ? I can count well enough to see that we are more than one".

Jeffrey smiled as the barbarian's taunt gave him the opening he needed. His marlingspike struck true, hitting the mage's hand despite the shield and dropping the book the mage was holding. Swiftly, Jeffrey closed in and struck the mage on his temple with the butt of his marlingspike, dropping the older man like a sack of potatoes.

"Thank you, you brute. You gave him just enough distraction," said Jeffrey before taking the dropped book and disarming the mage further by taking his sword away.

Orisa could only cringe at the Barbarian's remarks about her as the group was then slowly but surely put together. The bard knocked out, the brute disabled, and the mage...

Jeffrey smiled as the barbarian's taunt gave him the opening he needed. His marlingspike struck true, hitting the mage's hand despite the shield and dropping the book the mage was holding. Swiftly, Jeffrey closed in and struck the mage on his temple with the butt of his marlingspike, dropping the older man like a sack of potatoes.

"Thank you, you brute. You gave him just enough distraction," said Jeffrey before taking the dropped book and disarming the mage further by taking his sword away.

also knocked out.

"Put them in together." Orisa ordered as the trio of bandits were then put into a pile and Orisa then orders everyone to wait until everyone's awake.

The bard was the first one to regain her consciousness. Only to stare into the face of a far western woman scrutinizing her.

"What? you want some candy little girl?" The bard said, followed quickly by the a grunt of frustration from Orisa as she then asked her a question.

"I'm going to be brief. Where's your hideout?" Orisa asked. "I know it's somewhere in the central forest, but we don't have enough time to scour the forest to just get something, do that, and I guess I'll make sure you'll get treated well, don't answer, and well..."

Orisa then proceeds to slam her sword to the ground. "Might as well report this as some bandits that we killed in self defense."

The bard only scoffed at her, "Oh you, young adventurer doing the rounds of interrogation. Let's just say that the taunt you have won't wo-aaaahhhh!!!"

She was interrupted when Orisa slams her sword into her left foot, the bard suddenly notices that her foot is bleeding profusely, blood running down the forested floor.

"Oh right, almost forgot."

She then unveils a piece of paper and bandages it into the bard's foot, suddenly reversing any damage her sword might have caused.

"I have uhhh, maybe runes like these in the double digits. So maybe you probably might wanna start talking. Unless you want to feel not only your foot, but probably your neck, your torso, even maybe your fingernails cut off, before I reverse all those wounds again with those paper seals."

The bard's face suddenly goes cold, probably the thought of getting her head chopped off and refastened, only to get it chopped off again is quite frightening to be quite frank.

"Okay okay! I'll tell you!"

15 Minutes Later.

"Alright, so we put those bandits back into the city's guards, and they're now most likely doing jailtime as a result. Khosrow, what did the Bard say again? It's somewhere in the forest right? near some sort of lake? a lake dis-whatnow?"

@razer666L, you're up.

She was interrupted when Orisa slams her sword into her left foot, the bard suddenly notices that her foot is bleeding profusely, blood running down the forested floor.

"Oh right, almost forgot."

She then unveils a piece of paper and bandages it into the bard's foot, suddenly reversing any damage her sword might have caused.

"I have uhhh, maybe runes like these in the double digits. So maybe you probably might wanna start talking. Unless you want to feel not only your foot, but probably your neck, your torso, even maybe your fingernails cut off, before I reverse all those wounds again with those paper seals."
The Barbarian raises a brow at the scene, before laughing hard. "Finally you may not be as a pussy that you seemed at first" he said, before glancing at the brute bleeding on the ground "Oh, and maybe you want to use one of those fancy scrolls of yours on him, or you want me to take care of it ?" he grins.

"Alright, so we put those bandits back into the city's guards
The Barbarian then add "Maybe not to the same guards we played with" he laugh.

"Good work, missy. A bit wasteful for my taste though," said Jeffrey. "Next time, cut the sinew right in the middle of the knee and wait a while before offering to heal it. I bet you they'll sing their answers then."

Last edited:
"Alright, so we put those bandits back into the city's guards, and they're now most likely doing jailtime as a result. Khosrow, what did the Bard say again? It's somewhere in the forest right? near some sort of lake? a lake dis-whatnow?"
"Lake Dusserhokhen- Dossarhorm- Düsserhorn! Lake Düsserhorn. Shit!" Khosrow curses, it frustrates him that he has to put more work on pronouncing certain proper nouns in Centralian. Especially Gothic Centralian.

"Good work, missy. A bit wasteful for my taste though," said Jeffrey. "Next time, cut the sinew right in the middle of the knee and wait a while before offering to heal it. I bet you they'll sing their answers then."

"Eheh, learned that from a Tanah Selatan soldier I met actually." Orisa replied, "Doesn't have to be the most efficient, just promise the interrogator the prospect of having to suffer pain almost continuously and almost anyone would break."

"I... well, I and my family frequently go to Tanah Selatan lands for trading missions, just in case you ask how I know that soldier."

"Lake Dusserhokhen- Dossarhorm- Düsserhorn! Lake Düsserhorn. Shit!" Khosrow curses, it frustrates him that he has to put more work on pronouncing certain proper nouns in Centralian. Especially Gothic Centralian.

"Ah yes, Lake Düsserhorn. What a weird name for a lake." Orisa commented, the group walking. "Where's it located again? somewhere just a couple miles out from here right? supposed to be a pretty beautiful lake, or, something."

Back
Top Bottom