What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Gentlemen

Alias

A new Guy Ritchie film that's seems a bit ridiculous and fun. Hits US theaters on January 24th, 2020.

Wait a tick, Hugh Grant can speak without uhm'ing and ahh'ing every 30 seconds? This I have to see.

I didn't realize that was something he did.

Well, I'm not sure what he calls it but since I've only seen his rom-coms (4 Weddings and a Funeral, Notting Hill, Love Actually) it's hard for me to imagine Hugh Grant not speaking like a nervous mess.

So I saw it and it's the best movie I've seen this year and as well in years. So I would recommend to go see if it's still being shown at a theater near you.

Found it 3.6 roentgen, not great, not terrible. Felt like having Mike Pearson was the wrong person to be the protagonist as he was too powerful to feel sympathy or endearment fpr, compaired to the usual unlucky street slobs from Ritchie's earlier gangster movies, with the designated bad guys being rather boring who's extra villainy felt forced.

Back
Top Bottom