What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The FiC News & Politics Improvement Committee

Can we just have a "slug match" thread where people discuss anything or everything? Probably not the best title for it, but still.

Irony incoming:

I really do appreciate the lack of "get back to the OP" rules that this board has simply because those kinds of rules kill discussions in the cradle, and we're only on this website to discuss things. But we're now entering Gamergate & Gun Violence territory and this thread is too important for the health of this board to be discussing the minutia of those arguments.

/Irony

That being said, carry on the conversation. That's also important for the health of the board.

Problem, when do you do when they are racists and Nazis? I would rather stay out of politics because I never liked politics, not straight forward enough for me and requires a lot of manipulation, but when I see clear signs of certain events that caused my dad's side of the family far too much pain and suffering... well, it's stressful to say the least.

How would you know for sure that they are then, unless they outright come out with a statement like "kill de geys" or "**** minorities". This is purely personal anecdotes, I know plenty of people in the US for example that are Republicans, but that to my knowledge have never had problems with blacks or hispanics for example, or have never made racist comments. OTOH, I knew a lesbian couple once, where one of them did actually get fired from a job, not for being a lesbian, but for openly saying the N word in public, including in the presence of several black coworkers.

Don't make assumptions that just because someone thinks one thing, that they automatically support or believe in other things. It might be effective at shutting someone down, but it still makes you look petty, and doesn't necessarily lay out your case why your views are right.

How would you know for sure that they are then, unless they outright come out with a statement like "kill de geys" or "**** minorities". This is purely personal anecdotes, I know plenty of people in the US for example that are Republicans, but that to my knowledge have never had problems with blacks or hispanics for example, or have never made racist comments. OTOH, I knew a lesbian couple once, where one of them did actually get fired from a job, not for being a lesbian, but for openly saying the N word in public, including in the presence of several black coworkers.

Don't make assumptions that just because someone thinks one thing, that they automatically support or believe in other things. It might be effective at shutting someone down, but it still makes you look petty, and doesn't necessarily lay out your case why your views are right.
Problem is that when this entire song and dance started, it started similarly to what we have going on now. At first it's just the stripping of rights of those they deemed inferior (i.e. minorities), then it is kicking them out, and then it was the holocaust. People forget that it wasn't straight to the Holocaust but a systematic stripping of rights and exile before they went to the extermination. The parallels are too much to simply say it's a coincidence.

Can we just have a "slug match" thread where people discuss anything or everything? Probably not the best title for it, but still.

Irony incoming:

I really do appreciate the lack of "get back to the OP" rules that this board has simply because those kinds of rules kill discussions in the cradle, and we're only on this website to discuss things. But we're now entering Gamergate & Gun Violence territory and this thread is too important for the health of this board to be discussing the minutia of those arguments.

/Irony

That being said, carry on the conversation. That's also important for the health of the board.
I second that. A general "let's take this outside" thread for stuff too specific to need it's own thread would be useful.

Jews the master race
u66PhgS.png

I knew it! Those damn sneaky Goy-boys have been hiding their master status, we must eliminate this threat before it picks up!

@In Exile, still there mate? Just so we're clear, this is what shitposting looks like, not what you are accusing our Lord of Adorableness of.

Irony incoming:

/Irony

I second that. A general "let's take this outside" thread for stuff too specific to need it's own thread would be useful.
That is a great idea, a derailment thread shall be made.

So, there's still stuff going on in the 2018 elections. Can we reopen that or can I make a new thread?

So, there's still stuff going on in the 2018 elections. Can we reopen that or can I make a new thread?
I'll reopen, just stay on your best behavior fam.

Irony incoming:

/Irony

https://www.frozenincarbonite.org/threads/the-tangent-derail-and-argument-thread.629/

Threads been made, this may be a great idea or a horrible Idea. We will see.

Well if we didn't have a rule 5 then anyone could just go around saying "Niggers need to be slaves so they'll stop killing each other" or "We need to send more pipe bombs to george soros' house" or the all time classic "The holocaust didn't go far enough".
so I mostly don't look at this thread but having just seen this I do feel I should underline: you are explicitly fine with Genocide supporters.

so I mostly don't look at this thread but having just seen this I do feel I should underline: you are explicitly fine with Genocide supporters.
... huh?

Morphile has repeatedly trumpeted that genocide is the only proper way to deal with Palestinians
Morphile has advocated for CULTURAL genocide, not KILLING PEOPLE genocide.

Which is not against the rules.

Reactions: EiC
Cultural genocide involves killing a lot of people and torturing a lot of others

Do you support bringing native schools back to the US and Canada
My reference point is Imperial Japan's treatment by the US. I don't think there were mass killings in that forced removal of extremist monarchism and ultranationalism.

Cultural genocide involves killing a lot of people and torturing a lot of others
@Morphile do you condone the killing of a lot of people and torturing a lot of others to achieve the goal of eradicating the Palestinian culture?

What, precisely, do you think Israel does to Palestinians now? Or, indeed, to Arab Israelis?
What I think is irrelevant.

What I think is irrelevant.
It's entirely relevant. We're talking about what behavior is acceptable to defend. You have opted for saying that not only is it okay for Israel to steal ever more resources (especially water) from Palestine, while engaging in periodic massacres and increasingly disenfranchise Arab Israelis, you are also saying that Morphile's calls for doubling down on this until Palestine is entirely gone and only disenfranchised Arab Israelis remain is fine. You also are presenting the notion that there would be no mass killings involved in this, despite the fact that is real already engages in mass killings of Palestinians as it stands.

It's entirely relevant. We're talking about what behavior is acceptable to defend. You have opted for saying that not only is it okay for Israel to steal ever more resources (especially water) from Palestine, while engaging in periodic massacres and increasingly disenfranchise Arab Israelis, you are also saying that Morphile's calls for doubling down on this until Palestine is entirely gone and only disenfranchised Arab Israelis remain is fine. You also are presenting the notion that there would be no mass killings involved in this, despite the fact that is real already engages in mass killings of Palestinians as it stands.
*looks at the LIA's posts*

*wonders if there is some invisitext where all of this is present*

It's entirely relevant. We're talking about what behavior is acceptable to defend.
No we're talking about my opinion on the israel palestine issue (for some reason) and before that I asked @Morphile if he supported mass killings and torture to achieve his goal.

You have opted for saying that not only is it okay for Israel to steal ever more resources (especially water) from Palestine, while engaging in periodic massacres and increasingly disenfranchise Arab Israelis,
I've said nothing of the sort. I am a moderator Rodyle. I interpret the laws Horton lays down to best meet his intent and decide punishment like a judge, and then I enforce those laws like a policeman, and decide guilt like a jury. None of this is reflective of my personal beliefs beyond my belief in what written text was intended to mean.

Me allowing someone to say something does not carry with it my endorsement of their behavior, actions, or beliefs. I don't infract posts I find to be wrong factually or morally, or ban posters becouse I dislike them for one reason for another. I just carry out the will of the site to the best of my abilities.

you are also saying that Morphile's calls for doubling down on this until Palestine is entirely gone and only disenfranchised Arab Israelis remain is fine.
All I've done is ask @Morphile to clarify his stance, I do not know that Morphile is advocating violence and it seems you're making an assumption that he is.

You also are presenting the notion that there would be no mass killings involved in this, despite the fact that is real already engages in mass killings of Palestinians as it stands.
I'm presenting the notion that @Morphile may not belive mass killings are necessary to achieve his goal and he may be against Israel going about it in this way.

Now you can say what Morphile wants is impossible without mass scale violence, and you may be right, but if so Morphile is just naive or at worst stupid and you can edciate him on why what he wants to achieve is impossible without violence.

Back
Top Bottom