What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer

sneakykitten

Valley Girl
Author
Anyone read it? Any good?

I checked it out. So far it's about a chemist who worked for the government and they fired her and then tried to 'terminate' her. She escapes more than once. She tries on different disguises and aliases and then her old co-worker finds her again.

Last edited:
Meyerverse is shit.

Ok, you came to a thread about Stephenie Meyer to tell me she sucks? Like I dunno @IndyFront I feel like Superman sucks too yet I wouldn't come to your thread to tell you that. :p
Well I never said I was right :p And I honestly wouldn't mind if it makes me laugh...

I haven't touched anything by her ever since that god awful Twilight movie ruined my childhood perception of vampires...

I didn't like the sparkly vampires much either @IndyFront. I liked Jacob and Bella yet not Edward. And his whole kooky fam seems kinda like I dunno one of them's a doctor, one can like see the future or something? I wasn't aware vampires could ever see the future and he must be loaded to stalk Bella around all day and never need to earn monies to survive.

I didn't like the sparkly vampires much either @IndyFront. I liked Jacob and Bella yet not Edward. And his whole kooky fam seems kinda like I dunno one of them's a doctor, one can like see the future or something? I wasn't aware vampires could ever see the future and he must be loaded to stalk Bella around all day and never need to earn monies to survive.
He's a Vampire. His bank account is most likely yes.

I read Meyer the same way I read Fanfiction, I don't expect amazing things I expect a story with decentish idea to it told okayish and expect to turn my brain off while reading, That has never failed me yet. even with similar books.

Except for when reading footprints of god but that was just fucking egregious

I read Meyer the same way I read Fanfiction, I don't expect amazing things I expect a story with decentish idea to it told okayish and expect to turn my brain off while reading, That has never failed me yet. even with similar books.

Except for when reading footprints of god but that was just fucking egregious
What's that about?

What's that about?

Its by Greg Iles, Its one of the worst books I have read, Many books are badly written but thats just bad writing, No Footprints of God is one of the worst books entirely because it starts with a nice premise then promptly disappears up its own ass its weird because Greg Iles other books DO NOT DO THIS.

The story revolves around a supercomputer being built in a secret government lab working on a project called Trinity. When one of the project's scientists dies, David Tennant, the ethical caretaker, discovers that he had been killed for his refusal to accept the project's ultimate aim; a merger of the human mind and the machine, in order to produce an unrivalled super computing machine. Tennant subsequently tries to piece together the truth behind the project while he and his psychiatrist Dr. Rachel Weiss are pursued around the globe.

Tennant suffers from a series of regression episodes, which are considered to be seizures by his doctor, who says they are caused by overexposure to a super-MRI scan. During these episodes, he has strangely vivid dreams, in which he witnesses the beginning of the universe (the Big Bang) and the history of mankind. Subsequent dreams seem to be memories of Jesus of Nazareth, something that Tennant, an atheist, finds strange and bewildering. They take a bizarre turn when he sees himself as an NSA assassin sent to kill him, and also as his dead friend, Andrew Fielding, in his last moments.

In the end, it seems that someone was in fact showing him these dreams, to tell him something.

That sounds pretty decent, but oh boy does that Jesus shit get bad, See that synopsis forgets to mention the Manhunt they go on, and that Tennant goes full Jack Bauer for a bit and only figures out they have created it when surprise surprise the supercomputer is completed. thats still not the worst because the book goes from "uh okay thats just kinda out there but not the worst I have read" to full "Oh hi Bioshock Infinite fancy seeing you here though it makes sense what with having disappeared up its own arse" When they get to Jeruselem and then he is Jesus he inhereted the memories of Jesus somehow and its not a hallucination.

It sounds just generic and kinda okay but the reason its bad is entirely because of HOW it goes about doing it.

I didn't finish The Chemist because I have been busy with a lot of stuffs. I got about one hundred pages in and like... I enjoyed it a lot yet I had to return it and none of the librarian ladies were up at the counter when I went in so I waited a lil and then left after returning her book.

Oh hey a thread about Stephanie meyer that means I can post this video.

Its basically my thoughts on Stephenie Meyer Summed up.

Back
Top Bottom