What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Politics The Brexit thread (or All -not- quiet on the western front)

so they want to invade and conquer an EU member? UK whats wrong with your schools?
I'm sure they assume that they'll "be welcomed as liberators"

And in the latest stupidity, at least 2500 morons put up a petition on Parliament's website to make Ireland join the UK again.

The Irish of course, have not been consulted and are not amused.
I think that for maximum troll points those people should all be Scots. Better together and all that rot.

That's rather nice :p Not very well thought out and massively naive, but its to offer the option, not demand Ireland join.

it won't go anywhere but rather amusing

That's rather nice :p Not very well thought out and massively naive, but its to offer the option, not demand Ireland join.

it won't go anywhere but rather amusing
Pretty sure Mr. Collins told them what the Irish opinion is about being part of the UK back when Dublin was officially turned over.

Why not offer the EU to join the UK while their at it?

Genius! :D

Pretty sure Mr. Collins told them what the Irish opinion is about being part of the UK back when Dublin was officially turned over.

Oh I am sure the answer will be a shake of the head and a hearty nope, but it isn't about reconquering Ireland, though it is very naive.

so they want to invade and conquer an EU member? UK whats wrong with your schools?
Nostalgia for the glorious past is a hell of a drug. These are the same fucks who proposed the let's starve the Irish out plan a few weeks ago, because reasons, which just ignores that Ireland is more self sufficient WRT food production than the UK (who for example actually exports a lot of dairy to be processed in Ireland, ooops), and unlike the UK whose political class spent the last two years pissing off every nearby major trade partners, still can rely on it's fellow EU members to deal with any trade disruption that'd happen in case of hard Brexit.

----------
Meanwhile, Donald Tusk ran out of fucks to give about being diplomatic with the UK political establishment, and used unusually harsh language in a tweet:

Donald Tusk said:
@eucopresident
I've been wondering what that special place in hell looks like, for those who promoted #Brexit, without even a sketch of a plan how to carry it out safely.
12:42 PM · Feb 6, 2019

And in a very unsurprising move, Brussels backed him up:

Politico said:
Brussels says Tusk wasn't joking, Brexit really is hell
By DAVID M. HERSZENHORN
2/6/19, 7:58 PM CET

He really meant it.

EU officials said there was no coded message — or larger tactical ploy — in European Council President Donald Tusk's provocative comments about Brexit on Wednesday.

Tusk jolted many in the U.K. by suggesting there was a "special place in hell" for British officials who promised it was possible to quit the EU without knowing how to accomplish it.

One might get the impression, that the EU officials are kinda tired of the UK political class' incompetence there ...

Why are you british like this?

He's wrong, there is no petition to make Ireland part of the UK. The petition is for the Government to be open to letting Ireland back nto the union if they want it. WHich they almost certainly don't and will not give any thought to it.

It isn't a demand to subjugate or conquer the place, Ravan is misrepresenting it to make it look bad. There is no 'make Ireland' do anything.

He's wrong, there is no petition to make Ireland part of the UK. The petition is for the Government to be open to letting Ireland back nto the union if they want it. WHich they almost certainly don't and will not give any thought to it.

It isn't a demand to subjugate or conquer the place, Ravan is misrepresenting it to make it look bad. There is no 'make Ireland' do anything.
I'm aware, i'm just making a bad joke.

Brexit: May to make plea to MPs for time to change deal - BBC News
Last month, Parliament voted in favour of an amendment that supported most of the PM's deal but called for backstop - which is a last-resort option to prevent a hard border in Ireland - to be replaced with "alternative arrangements". The prime minister is now in talks with Brussels to seek these changes to the backstop.

But if no changes are agreed by Wednesday, which is likely, Mrs May will address MPs and say more time is needed. She will then table a "neutral motion" for debate.

On Thursday, MPs will debate the motion - and potentially any amendments, such as Labour's - in a series of parliamentary votes.
Didn't these guys vote recently to do Brexit on time?
Also, I think there's a chance to change the wording of the Backstop so that both sides can interpret it their way. That will make Brexit deal possible, pushing the Irish problems down the road and probably leaving them chiefly for Ireland and UK to solve.

Also, I think there's a chance to change the wording of the Backstop so that both sides can interpret it their way. That will make Brexit deal possible, pushing the Irish problems down the road and probably leaving them chiefly for Ireland and UK to solve.
Welcome to Groundhog Day, Brexit edition. The UK Parliament will probably hold elections on what to be the proper way of Brexit into the 40th millenium.

All relevant parties probably understood that it is finally take it or leave it time and the Brits are frantically seeking ways to save face while backpedaling like mad.

That said for the last few days the media here are having a field day with some wierdo that has written BREXIT on her tits and keeps popping them out, her tits that is, every time she goes on TV.

Whats the deal with her?

Australia can only export so much! XD We give so much to asia already!
So don't complain when we asians finally take over the world.

...and another failure for Theresa May.

Back
Top Bottom