What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Banks of England have closed. Definitively.

Chatokay

Self-proclaimed FiC official absinthe provider :)
I haven't seen a thread about it, which surprise me.
Gordon Banks, the goalkeeper in England's 1966 World Cup-winning team, has died at the age of 81, his former club Stoke City said on Tuesday.

ADVERTISING

Banks won 73 caps for England between 1963 and 1972 and made nearly 200 appearances for Stoke before his playing career was brought to an end in a car crash that cost him his sight in one eye.
Widely regarded as one of the greatest goalkeepers to have played the game, Banks will probably be best remembered for the diving stop he made to deny Brazil's Pele at the 1970 World Cup, which later became known as the "save of the century".
Farewell Sir, you will have know something that the current generation of English football players can only dream about.

...And here's me thinking Jeremy Corbyn had coup'd the country with Momentum Stormtroopers and his first act was abolishing our central bank.
That would have been funny. In a dark sort of way.

When you think things can possibly get any worse... lol

That would have been funny. In a dark sort of way.

When you think things can possibly get any worse... lol
I'm guessing Corbyn has little problem with inflation, based on his praising of Venezeula when the country had 10%+ levels of inflation. Probbaly thinks it's harmless, seeing as he's a known failure in anything academic looking at the fact he failed in school and was a college dropout.

Sounds to me like he'll be great at policy, I wonder if he'll be in long enough to turn the UK into the Weimer Republic. Probably not, it'd take time for that, unless he DOES take over with his stormtroopers. :p

The Party Of Corbyn Vs The Party Of Brexit ladies and gentlemen! UK politics in a nutshell!

I'm guessing Corbyn has little problem with inflation, based on his praising of Venezeula when the country had 10%+ levels of inflation. Probbaly thinks it's harmless, seeing as he's a known failure in anything academic looking at the fact he failed in school and was a college dropout.

Sounds to me like he'll be great at policy, I wonder if he'll be in long enough to turn the UK into the Weimer Republic. Probably not, it'd take time for that, unless he DOES take over with his stormtroopers. :p

The Party Of Corbyn Vs The Party Of Brexit ladies and gentlemen! UK politics in a nutshell!
Accept French sovereignty over the British Isles by having Manu marry Lizzie, and all problems will be solved once and for all.

Accept French sovereignty over the British Isles by having Manu marry Lizzie, and all problems will be solved once and for all.
I'll trade Macron for May, do you agree to that?

Sure. She'll lose all power almost instantly here and will be stuck with a PM from LRM. Then Manu merges UK with France anyway.
The funny thing is, Macron cut off from all his contacts and lacking knowledge of UK politics, seeing he's French, could probably do a better job as British PM then May does now.

The funny thing is, Macron cut off from all his contacts and lacking knowledge of UK politics, seeing he's French, could probably do a better job as British PM then May does now.
I possibly could myself. Even though I am not Macron, despite the circumstancial evidence.

I possibly could myself. Even though I am not Macron, despite the circumstancial evidence.
You're a foreigner, the pro Brexit wing would probably hate you. :p

Back
Top Bottom