What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terminators can wuxia now. what now fellow humans?

... we need to have a government that basically caps incomes at 2 million and inheritances at 5 million. It's time to bring back 'Share our Wealth'... or have a Russian October Revolution on our hands.

Err... not that fond of forced wealth redistribution schemes, man. Sorry.

Err... not that fond of forced wealth redistribution schemes, man. Sorry.
One phrase for you:

Humans May Not Apply.
(I would have made it bigger, but that is as big as I can get)
We've finally outdated ourselves with our technology, and automation is basically snowballing to the point where humans don't have a say in the economy anymore because they're too expensive. As such, to prevent an October Revolution style revolution (i.e. anyone rich/upper class gets exterminated to the last man, woman, and child and anyone that goes against the revolution is killed off as well), we must pull a Bismark and pull the carpet from right from under them... and that means we have to forcibly redistribute the wealth.

Well, since my mother's extended family is in protracted negotiation with her home state government over a $28 million settlement over lands granted by the state to an ancestor, so... yeah, if my country practises forced wealth distribution none of the family will be seeing a single cent of their inheritance.

Well, since my mother's extended family is in protracted negotiation with her home state government over a $28 million settlement over lands granted by the state to an ancestor, so... yeah, if my country practises forced wealth distribution none of the family will be seeing a single cent of their inheritance.
Remember the phrase "Let the Tall Poppies Fall"? That is the situation your family will be in with that inheritance. In an October Revolution scenario, all that negotiation will be -at best- for naught and at worst be the noose around your family's necks.

We're moving into an era where the job market is actually shrinking no matter what we do. There are no new jobs, jobs are getting automated faster than ever, and more and more people are becoming structurally unemployed because they can't shift to whatever job is left. No amount of schooling is going to solve the situation that is now happening in the job markets. To counteract this cascade failure that would either cause a revolution or a true cyberpunk dystopia (the latter is very unlikely unless the Rich gets cyborg slave soldiers or autonomous war bots that only answer to them), we'll have to start capping a lot of things including inheritance and incomes so we can fund a Basic Income Guarantee to preempt either scenario.

One phrase for you:

Humans May Not Apply.
(I would have made it bigger, but that is as big as I can get)
We've finally outdated ourselves with our technology, and automation is basically snowballing to the point where humans don't have a say in the economy anymore because they're too expensive. As such, to prevent an October Revolution style revolution (i.e. anyone rich/upper class gets exterminated to the last man, woman, and child and anyone that goes against the revolution is killed off as well), we must pull a Bismark and pull the carpet from right from under them... and that means we have to forcibly redistribute the wealth.
October is a terrible time in 'Murica. People are in Halloween mode, and are paranoid over slasher movie villains attacking. They are prepared.

Maybe try July. More critical staff on family vacation, slower response times. Meanwhile, if the revolutionaries have children, they can have good family fun purging corrupt capitalists and their lapdogs without interrupting school schedule. Education is important.

October is a terrible time in 'Murica. People are in Halloween mode, and are paranoid over slasher movie villains attacking. They are prepared.

Maybe try July. More critical staff on family vacation, slower response times. Meanwhile, if the revolutionaries have children, they can have good family fun purging corrupt capitalists and their lapdogs without interrupting school schedule. Education is important.
Actually, what I meant is the Russian October Revolution, aka 'Red October' i.e. the bloodfest that everyone has in their mind when Russian Revolution is heard. The same revolution that kicked off the atrocity-fest that is the Russian Civil War.

We have enough super rich with a brain in the US that I'm hoping to get another TR before we fall that far

We have enough super rich with a brain in the US that I'm hoping to get another TR before we fall that far
Problem, there aren't enough super rich with more sense than greed in the right place to go TR... at least as far as I can tell.

Back
Top Bottom