What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sylvanas Windrunner vs. Tyrande Whisperwind

sneakykitten

Valley Girl
Author
One of them is Our Dark Lady. A mistress archer and former Ranger-General to Quel'thalas she fought the Scourge, perished and regained her freedom as the new ruler of Lordaeron. She has a cadre of champions, can shoot deadly arrows, plague bomb cities and seems to live forever.

The second one is the Priestess of Elune. She has healing spells, damaging spells with a lunar theme. She communes with a goddess that can guide her followers' dreams or take their souls to the afterlife. Tyrande reordered her society so that there were less haughty nobles in the military.

Who would win if they met on the battlefield?

Does this take place after Legion? This could make a difference because I don't remember Tyrande being active in combat so she could be out of practice. For Sylvanus, she has been in thefrontlines in a lot of campaigns.

Last edited:
Does this take place after Legion? This could make a difference because I don't remember Tyrande being active in combat so she could be out of practice. For Sylvanus, she has been in thefrontlines in a lot of campaigns.
As I have not finished Legion no. Let's say it takes place during Legion.

Damnation. I thought this was about who was hotter
If it was that, I would choose Tyrande. Sylvanus being undead and having a real bitch personality really doesn't send attractive signals.
Tyrande by default. As Sylvanas is undead.
Being undead, Sylvanus would be very weak against Tyrande's magic, but Sylvanus probably has experience facing paladins and priests.

I say Sylvanas wins. She does whatever it takes to win. If she gets hit by a few spells? She can like call bats carrying plague canisters and drop them on Tyrande's pretty pretty tree and she'll cry. Then Sylvanas shoots an arrow in her back.

I say Sylvanas wins. She does whatever it takes to win. If she gets hit by a few spells? She can like call bats carrying plague canisters and drop them on Tyrande's pretty pretty tree and she'll cry. Then Sylvanas shoots an arrow in her back.
Tyrande can be pretty ruthless. She didn't really blink when she decided to attack both the orcs and humans. No diplomacy. Well, orcs did kill her people's demigod so I guess it's understandable.

With Sylvanus being undead and the least trusted faction leader, I don't think Tyrande would be hesitant to get dirty to kill Sylvanus. She is going to stay focus and kill the Banshee Queen.

Tyrande can be pretty ruthless. She didn't really blink when she decided to attack both the orcs and humans. No diplomacy. Well, orcs did kill her people's demigod so I guess it's understandable.

With Sylvanus being undead and the least trusted faction leader, I don't think Tyrande would be hesitant to get dirty to kill Sylvanus. She is going to stay focus and kill the Banshee Queen.
Sylvanas is also the Warchief right now. So she could order all those orcs who now have a grudge against Tyrande to go beat her up. Then her armies of Forsaken who don't need sleep, food or water. Then her champions who are presumably all trained heavily in various forms of combat. If none of that works she could have her Val'kyr resurrect her if Tyrande 'kills' her.

Well one kinda is a goddess Priest and the other is a hunter turned undead.

If it were only that simple. Who knows what undead magic and such Syl has learned in her time as the dark queen. Between fighting off human mages and rogues and Lich undead, her tactics allows her to know how to really fuck up nature and put Tyr in a real tough spot. The perk of having to really survive on limited resources and learning what the free undead can do when they can think.

But...

Tyr isn't just a smug woman who lives in a tree.

We got to remember that she is holding some very potent moon magic in her hands. She's been dealing with demons and corruption as well.

Can Syl undead tricks infect her land or will Tyr's powerful purity keep her at the top.

We remove the magic and... well, I have to go with Syl.

Now this all comes down to the author's whim. We've seen Night elfs utterly do some powerful stuff but Syl has been pushing back the Lich, humans, her own inner pet demons...

Then the whole undead thing really gives her a push to be riskier but make her more weak to night elf magical moon whammy.

I'll go with Syl because shes kinda shown to be competent and we haven't seen Tyr do anything combat wise for a while.

Back
Top Bottom