What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Superhero movies" Won't die out so easily.

That doesn't really apply to fringe, independent and non-MSM media, however. I mean, if your goal is to be some super-famous uber-rich person, yeah sure. But if you don't give a shit and would be happy with moderate to medium-low recognition (in other words, just enough to make a living off of) then you have no excuse.
You can't reasonably assume that less popular movies weren't made with intend to make profit. Self-funded art, perhaps, but movies made in Hollywood?

You can't reasonably assume that less popular movies weren't made with intend to make profit.
What on earth are you talking about? Who the hell thinks such a thing? Strawman stench abound...

What on earth are you talking about? Who the hell thinks such a thing? Strawman stench abound...
You did.

In this post...

That doesn't really apply to fringe, independent and non-MSM media, however. I mean, if your goal is to be some super-famous uber-rich person, yeah sure. But if you don't give a shit and would be happy with moderate to medium-low recognition (in other words, just enough to make a living off of) then you have no excuse.

... where you suggest movie hasn't been made with an intent to make a profit. Which, technically, is true, some movies aren't made for profit, independent and art film is a thing (and you point that out), however one in question - District 9 - doesn't fall into those categories.

You did.

In this post...

... where you suggest movie hasn't been made with an intent to make a profit. Which, technically, is true, some movies aren't made for profit, independent and art film is a thing (and you point that out), however one in question - District 9 - doesn't fall into those categories.
No, you are clearly trying to make it out to seem like that is what I was saying. Do note how you cannot point to or highlight the exact instance this has occurred. /=

Hypothesis: all action movies, all horror movies, and most comes comedy's are superhero movies.

Proof: only a parahuman could have even survived the traps in home alone.

Only a parahuman could survive the shit that scream guy survives.

And only a parahuman could manage to survive being the protagonist of any Arnold movie.

a superhero movie in this definition is a movie wherein the protagonist is a noted superhuman.

Perhaps Marvel, Or DC movies might perish. However my current belief is, as is, Superhero movies are just extensions of the Action genre, the difference being that a superhero movie acknowledges the Superhuman feats of the protagonist.

Not only do I believe they won't die out, I believe they've already been a staple of Cinema. Star Wars for example.

What are your thoughts FIC?

If we go with the assumption of 'superhero as an extension of action genre' we'll reach the saturation point around the middle of the next decade before they slowed down. Then we would perhaps have a couple of franchise every 3-5 years.

Horror is a good switch, look at new mutants and brightburn.

captain marvel is pushing all my green lantern buttons I hope I'm wrong
Same here, to be honest. Although, even more pandery.

It's not looking good. Also, she has one movie (not even yet) but alrea Marvel executives want to call her the "new face of marvel"?

I feel bad about this.

Same here, to be honest. Although, even more pandery.

It's not looking good. Also, she has one movie (not even yet) but alrea Marvel executives want to call her the "new face of marvel"?

I feel bad about this.
I just want to pester them on strongest avenger hype, I better see her busting a city on her lonesome self and ignore street level threats

I wouldn't mind it so much if people weren't a buncha lazy fucks relying on shit somebody else made and get creative/have a brain FFS

The most original ones tend to be the worst ones... I'm talking about characters, not story. None of it sticks longer in the minds of the viewers than one movie.

Could you even name the main characters in Chronicle?

Back
Top Bottom