What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Study: US Has Killed More Than 20 Million People in 37 “Victim Nations” Since World War II

I mean thata my thing why oppress? Who cares if your gay or straight. Dont get me wrong with 7 billion people if you shout your business from the rooftop odds are someone from another rooftop will shout "thats gross" thats the price of makeing your business public. Still doesnt excuse hate. But people are weird to expend that much energy on strangers business.

"Who cares if you're gay or straight"

A lot of straight people caring about people being gay. A lot of people putting legal and violent force behind that.

Pride isn't "I'm queer and everyone should know it", pride is "I'm queer and if you have a problem with that (and you have in the past) we'll fucking fight you (as we have in the past)"

@Chessia. Congrats you found out that I get angry and say stupid shit just like 99% of the world. And yet even with allnof that I have yet to be banned from SB SV or QQ. Almost like people find you more offensive than me.:unsure:
It's almost like most Liberals are more accepting of right-wing reactionaries because they lie to them about their stated goals while leftists don't want to trick people.

Edit for the record. I'm not home or trans phobic. I simply dot think people should get a gold star for being different. You like guys okay you like girls. Thats okay too. You want to be a guy. Want to be a girl. All good. Just doing expect a parade from me. Noone throws me a parade cauae I want to fuck a 6'6 Japanese woman with huge boobs. Soooo🤷‍♂️
I mean thata my thing why oppress? Who cares if your gay or straight. Dont get me wrong with 7 billion people if you shout your business from the rooftop odds are someone from another rooftop will shout "thats gross" thats the price of makeing your business public. Still doesnt excuse hate. But people are weird to expend that much energy on strangers business.
Your ignorance is on display again and you've learned nothing. Realm is referencing the reason Pride exists. It started to commemorate the Stonewall Riot, a violent riot that broke out when police sought to go and beat some queers for being queer. This brought mainstream attention to the LGBT movement and is essentially the primary reason we have rights, being invisible made us easy target to oppress so we have to endeavor to not be. Their point is that when Weebs are being bludgeoned half to death in underground anime clubs by the police for being Weebs and have to start a riot to bring attention to their suffering you can have your fucking parade too.

Thats fine. Some however act that if you dont support us 100% youre the enemy.
I mean if your a homophobe and a transphobe you are our enemy.

It's almost like most Liberals are more accepting of right-wing reactionaries because they lie to them about their stated goals while leftists don't want to trick people.

Your ignorance is on display again and you've learned nothing. Realm is referencing the reason Pride exists. It started to commemorate the Stonewall Riot, a violent riot that broke out when police sought to go and beat some queers for being queer. This brought mainstream attention to the LGBT movement and is essentially the primary reason we have rights, being invisible made us easy target to oppress so we have to endeavor to not be. Their point is that when Weebs are being bludgeoned half to death in underground anime clubs by the police for being Weebs and have to start a riot to bring attention to their suffering you can have your fucking parade too.

I mean if your a homophobe and a transphobe you are our enemy.
See you seem to be misunderstanding. I know that some people dont like gays or trans. I personally dont get why people need to give a shit about who someone is fucking. And yes yes historical bigotry bla bla. I know about the past I am talking about me perosonally. your sexually isnt a big deal or my business unless you make it a big deal or my business. In an ideal world there would be no Pride Parades cause no one would care if anyone was gay or trans. Is that a bit clearer? Sorry if its not. I'm on my phone so its hard to type big posts.

Last edited:
No it's not. You're trying to dismiss the whole point of this discussion by pointing out one problem in the OP. There's no need to do that, I don't think that anybody here believes that everything in the OP article is correct - it's from GlobalResearch so it will be anti-US biased. That does not mean that some, maybe even significant, parts of it are true. The correct thing to do would be to say "the part about Colombia is bullshit," and I have no problem believing you. Mentioning North Korea only undermines your argument by making you appear deliberately dishonest.

Been a while, sorry for not responding to this.

Anyway, Appearing deliberately dishonest IS the point of the North Korea mention. It's an appeal to ridicule, if albeit IMOH an earned one.

But let's ignore that and get to the point: Josef poses a dishonest argument in the OP because his sources are flawed. It doesn't matter if "some, maybe even significant, parts of it are true" because we can't debate maybes. Lenin is bad and so's Stalin because we can point out to clear amoral bloodbaths on their side of the fence. Watcha got for Kissinger and Bush? If you point to the article you are gonna have to tell me which points are true and, more accurately, immoral.

Because killing FARC? Not immoral.

Hm, I don't want to ignore you being deliberately dishonest. And I also won't agree to extending the discussion to Lenin and Stalin of all people - first of all it's whataboutism, and second, we could be here until the end of days discussing these people. Also, in real world, all sources are flawed, and we debate maybes all the time, because we usually don't have the luxury of operating with clear facts.
I think it's best to leave this discussion be, it has run its course almost a month ago and Baron Steakpuncher's last comment was the perfect ending for it. We won't add anything of real value here.

Hm, I don't want to ignore you being deliberately dishonest. And I also won't agree to extending the discussion to Lenin and Stalin of all people - first of all it's whataboutism, and second, we could be here until the end of days discussing these people. Also, in real world, all sources are flawed, and we debate maybes all the time, because we usually don't have the luxury of operating with clear facts.
I think it's best to leave this discussion be, it has run its course almost a month ago and Baron Steakpuncher's last comment was the perfect ending for it. We won't add anything of real value here.

Well, if Josef doesn't want to argue his OP, I can't well expect you to do so. And no, Baron Steakpuncher's last comment was meh. It wasn't a pun and it wasn't a punchline. 3/10

The policy of "containment" against Communism led to thousands of excess deaths in Korea, Vietnam, Laos, Cuba, Nicaragua, and elsewhere. JFK, furious with the CIA's failure in Cuba, had them pull out of Cuba and even planned on dismantling the CIA. Then, he was murdered under suspicious circumstances, setting the stage for the Vietnam War, where Nixon and his cronies came up with the War on Drugs as an excuse to marginalize and imprison the minority opponents of the war. The Iran-Contra scheme to arm thugs to deal with the Sandinistas and arming the Mujahideen in Afghanistan against the Soviets were a part of that whole mess, and not only did it fuck up Nicaragua, it led directly to the rise of Osama Bin Laden, Al-Qaeda, and the Taliban. Then we went into Iraq for the first time, fresh after invading Panama, because Saddam invaded Kuwait and the Saudis begged us to, even though we should have told the Saudis to fuck off, but we couldn't, because oil. Then, Bill Clinton dragged us into fucking Kosovo for no good reason. Then, fucking 9/11 happened, and nobody could explain how Building 7 - which was never hit by any airplane - flattened itself from sporadic fires. Ground Zero was quickly bulldozed and the evidence destroyed before investigators even had a chance to touch it. Later, Building 7's collapse was simulated by computational means with seed variables that NIST refuses to publish. Larry Silverstein cashed a huge insurance check and started work on a new WTC immediately.

The US went utterly apeshit and invaded Iraq and Afghanistan, leading to hundreds of thousands of excess deaths and rendering millions homeless, in a grotesque act of disproportionate retribution well in excess of the three thousand who died on 9/11. After an orgy of blood and death that left Afghanistan and Iraq with two shell-shocked puppet governments incapable of defending their nations from bands of militiamen let alone their own neighbors, it would be a whole goddamn decade before we finally discovered Osama Bin Laden, chilling in Abbottabad, our "ally" Pakistan's equivalent of West Point. Then, we sent in Navy SEALs in state-of-the-art, top-secret stealth Black Hawks piloted by the 160th SOAR, and even though they were hitching a ride with the best helicopter pilots in the world, they still managed to wreck one on the way in. Things would remain relatively peaceful afterward, until the Arab Spring turned into goddamn rioting in the streets in Libya, Egypt, Syria, and various other Middle Eastern countries. The demonstrations were held to be a grassroots phenomenon, even though all the protest leaders were trained by US pro-democracy think tanks in Washington which are basically funded and operated by US oligarchs for their own benefit. Obama and Hillary decided it would be a good idea to follow Sarkozy into Libya for some ungodly reason, and we bombed the shit out of Libya until they turned into a failed state with open-air slave markets. Though we had the benefit of hindsight with Afghanistan, we still armed thousands more nutcases in Syria so they could go shoot up their neighborhoods, while crowing on endlessly about the heroism of the "White Helmets", an organization that was founded by a British mercenary, whose members are often seen openly fraternizing with the militias and posing with the severed heads of their victims. And now, we just got done giving Saudi Arabia a great big pile of weapons so they can fuck Yemen to death.

The CIA tortured people in Vietnam, they tortured people in Iraq, and they tortured people in Gitmo, as shown by the CIA torture report. The NSA conducts warrantless wiretapping and spying on pretty much every single communique by every American citizen, as the Snowden Leaks demonstrated. The US military drops an average of over a hundred bombs a day, even though we are technically not at war with anyone. Our government can exert military force against any country on this planet unilaterally, without consulting Congress, without UN approval, and without any constitutional backing, throwing away trillions of dollars and thousands of American lives to support shady, unaccountable oligarch lobby schemes and opaque geopolitical goals that have nothing to do with the interests of the American public, and in fact run contrary to our interest.

A true American patriot is someone who is capable of recognizing that our government has gone out of control. If you love America, and I do, you'd want the wars to stop.

Back
Top Bottom