What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

StolenMadWolf's Random Bad Art

Currently been working on doing an anime character design for the last few days, whilst also messing around with a map and 90's design study on the side.

I have already done some colouring of the head earlier, but I'm just working through sketches for the character's outfit as well. Basically a sci-fi body suit coupled with pants and boots. A background will be coming into play too with it as well, so it should be pretty interesting. Let me know what you think of the outfit!

As for the coloured head, well, I've pushed the detailing on the eyes even further, added some extra little bits to the face, and even worked on trying to do a glow/sparkle effect on the head too. The hair hasn't been perfect, but the skin came together perfectly and given the character is supposed to be an AI of sorts, the hair actually kinda works too. Let me know what you think.

Aurora_FullbodyOutfit_1.jpg

image0.jpg

Alright, it's been a while, but I finally finished that piece featuring the fullbody, and took it a step further by adding in some 3D objects, messing around with other lighting effects and working making things glow as well. I'm feeling particular chuffed with this piece as well, given this is my first attempt at doing a full body anime character.

desu1ts-8ffce2cf-03b0-4cea-8ea4-a65375cfa563.jpg

There is also a cover art version with a title linked in the deviantart page, with some extra details on the character and a story I'm starting to work on.

Alright, it's been a while, but I finally finished that piece featuring the fullbody, and took it a step further by adding in some 3D objects, messing around with other lighting effects and working making things glow as well. I'm feeling particular chuffed with this piece as well, given this is my first attempt at doing a full body anime character.

desu1ts-8ffce2cf-03b0-4cea-8ea4-a65375cfa563.jpg

There is also a cover art version with a title linked in the deviantart page, with some extra details on the character and a story I'm starting to work on.

Make it look more "tactical", robust and uniform. More functional.
Unless you are aiming toward allegories?

Make it look more "tactical", robust and uniform. More functional.
Unless you are aiming toward allegories?

The idea is that body suit is supposed to be worn underneath clothing on occassion, so it can't be too robust. I suppose you could say there is an allegory across the whole piece, but that would involve looking at the completed story to fully understand. I could try and make similar outfits more tactical at some point.

The idea is that body suit is supposed to be worn underneath clothing on occassion, so it can't be too robust. I suppose you could say there is an allegory across the whole piece, but that would involve looking at the completed story to fully understand. I could try and make similar outfits more tactical at some point.

Programable matter and magneto-rheological fluids - suit will look as a more soften version of your typical combat armor. Or go posthuman with subdermal grafts. It's trendy now given recent rebirth of interest in cyberpunk-esque climate.

Well, it's long overdue, but I've managed to get a trio of pieces together. Well, two pieces coupled with one trace/sketch/design study.

So, first of all. This was supposed to be an attempt at a minimalist head, but it ultimately evolved into regular headshot. Something I actually got together in 4-5 hours. That's pretty speedy for me, so that's a pretty good sign on the drawing front. Now it's also evolved into an actual character to save for a future time.

kelly_incarn__headshot__by_stolenmadwolf_devyc7f-pre.jpg

The second is actually a request I got some time ago. It took a while to get done, and it was pretty damn challenging, but in the end, I was able to get the piece done. For the record, it's a fanart of Super Animal Royale.

standoff__request__by_stolenmadwolf_devycb3-pre.jpg

And finally, a design study. This is essentially of a robot dinosaur that was featured in an educational game released back in 1995. It's a game I have rather fond memories off for the dino and it's 90's design, so I figured that at somepoint I would go back and actually have a look at redesigning an over 25 year old design. In order to do that down the line though, I needed to do a design study. Not easy with my only source material being 122pp video footage of a 90's CD-Rom game. Of course it's wasn't going to be easy, but in the end, I managed to get enough screenshots to rebuild a sketch/trace of the original design. It was actually pretty facinating to go through all that, and work out how the design fitted together.

cyberaptor_003_design_study__study__by_stolenmadwolf_devyc1x-pre.jpg

So yeah, that's a pretty good bit of progress all together.

Back
Top Bottom