What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stars wars resistance: WTF Disney

Eh, given that when Star Wars: The Clone Wars first started people considered it the ultimate heresy... then loved it when it grew the beard. I'm on the fence on this one.

Also, stop it with the PT is Ultimate Heresy garbage, even Nostalgia Critic says there are plenty of good things about the PT...

The thing about the Prequel Trilogy is that there is simply too much for the time that is allotted by the theaters. I mean 90 minutes is generally pushing it for most theaters in the US, with 180 minutes being crazy long by most standards (I mean when I watched Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz with my mom and brother, my mother was surprised that it was 180 minutes long)...

How about this I will take advice from Doug when he admits his involvment or lack there of in the CA controversy and not until then.

I am still trying to figure out what is wrong with the series. Apparently, there is not enough Resistance as a whole suggested plot (in the trailer) is mostly about pod racing...

meh my opinion has softened to the worst purgatory of all time. Mediocrity.

I... am mixed.

On the one hand it strikes me as so visually awful that I want to gouge out my eyes, burn the eyeballs and catapult the cinders into the nearest blackhole. Plus the humour seems a...bit weak. Let's try to not be overly negative.

On the other hand... I want to try and like it? I guess? Like, I didn't like rebels trailer, or the first time I watched the pilot. But it grew on my and got afterwards quite a few good moments (I found tarkin's introduction scene quite elegant and good).

So I guess my reaction is, not optimistic but moderately hopeful for a good time burner, though expectations are being calibrated to low parameters.

I don't even mind the animation that much, it's just too childish story-wise to catch my attention. I could watch a story about a spy hunt or a rookie pilot that wants to become an ace (it'd be even better if he explicitly isn't a Jedi). Not... this awkward mashup of two utterly different tones plastered over with an overtly cliche sense of humour.

EDIT: Come to think about it the mashup might even work if it took itself seriously - Ace Combat set in the Star Wars universe sounds absolutely awesome. It's the awkward nature of the humour that turns me away. Good gags depend on timing and setting. These felt out of place or set up to make our spy look like an idiot (and by extension, the people he works for too). Example of the first would be the guy throwing people off the platform. That guy better be the nasty drill sergeant who knows exactly what he can get away with when breaking in the new recruits. Example of the second is the generally dopey vibe I got off the protagonist whenever he was shown interacting with people on screen - such as when that floating thingmabob went poof after they were busy repairing it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom