What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starfleet (Star Trek, Film) vs. Covenant (Halo)

IndyFront

Ξ⌊:Ξ≪⊕ `∧∀⊥∥'⌊: ∀∃∃∀⌊:⊕⌈≪⌊:⊕Γ.
Author
So I saw this archived thread and wanted to put a twist on it:

1. The combatants that are fighting:

- Covenant Hegemony, all fleets, including the 314-strong Fleet of Particular Justice led by Supreme Commander Thel 'Vadamee and the Anodyne Spirit Keyship led by Mendicant Bias
covies.png

- Starfleet, spearheaded by USS Enterprise and Captain James Tiberius Kirk
153379063296574373.png

2. The Location or Setting of the contest.
Around Tallon IV from Metroid

3. Victory Conditions
Total destruction. Covenant think Humans are heresy still, only its Starfleet instead of the UNSC, and before they got so many allies.

4. Battle Prerequisites
a. Hot Warfare
b. Standard equipment, but the Covenant are aware this is not the UNSC. And Starfleet does not have access to their super-special super-weapons.
c. Covenant has been preparing and have not been wasting their resources on decades of warfare. Starfleet are even-keel too
d. To the death
5. 2200s-era Starfleet. And the Covenant have just now begun war against humanity and United Earth.
6. See above.

Scenario 2: Covenant do not have access to Keyship but do Mendicant Bias.

Star Trek TOS from the 60s would obviously roflstomp the Covenant hard, so we're going with the film version to even it out. I, personally, think it would be a stalemate without the Keyship and a phyrric victory with.

I don't think the TOS era Starfleet was ready to wage the war and would be shocked by the sheer brutality of attack. Yes, they fought with the Klingon back in the day, but Klingon weren't interested in actual extermination war.

On the other hand, Federation (and thus, Starfleet) have much more resources and planets than the Covenant.

I don't think the TOS era Starfleet was ready to wage the war and would be shocked by the sheer brutality of attack. Yes, they fought with the Klingon back in the day, but Klingon weren't interested in actual extermination war.
That was my thought, but the answer I got on SB was the complete opposite. Iirc they have weaponry stronger than baseline UNSC Frigates, but certainly not the Covenant which glass continents casually (gigaton-teraton level output for standard cruisers).

That was my thought, but the answer I got on SB was the complete opposite. Iirc they have weaponry stronger than baseline UNSC Frigates, but certainly not the Covenant which glass continents casually (gigaton-teraton level output for standard cruisers).
Starfleet is technologically at better level than UNSC, and it comes with potentially better weapon, but unlike UNSC, they aren't the real army. Mostly, there are explorer ships armed for self-defence when pushed to the corner, they don't have real organization to fight the full scale war, and they aren't really soldier mindset psychologically either. Kirk is maybe willing to punch the guy, and go against the regulation to do the good thing, but he isn't the war general. Plus, Federation is kinda mutual defense organization, in order for Starfleet to fight, you need to bring in their allied species, which aren't the factor in this scenario. By 2200 of their timeline we are speaking of United Earth, Vulcan, the Andorian Empire, Rigel, Denobula, Coridan, and Tellar. (which call themselves Coalition of Planet in that day)

Only good news are... Covenant aren't really killing that many people initially. Harvest has population of 300.000 in Halo, but in Star Trek, Federation mostly have dime and dozen class M planet with small population in farming communities living like Space Amish. Covenant would be bringing their continent scorching firepower to kill like ... five families. It's still a shock, and it may prove they need to fight this time.

Back
Top Bottom