What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

I know we aren't allowed to advocate for genocide... But can we make an exception for the Ewoks? That title needs work though :V

🥺👌

Title seems fine to me since it leaves a lot of questions as to who is the Skywalker, and how will they rise?

Pretty sure that the bad guys won't win in the last chapter, but a Skywalker rising to be evil would be intriguing.

It also brings back the speculation train about Rey's background. Alternately, it points to Ben picking up the Skywalker mantle to continue the legacy, for good or bad. Or there could be yet another Skywalker out there.

It is generic enough that people can make up their own theories, and when the movie comes out the audience can all go, "OK, I can see how that fits now."

Title seems fine to me since it leaves a lot of questions as to who is the Skywalker, and how will they rise?

Pretty sure that the bad guys won't win in the last chapter, but a Skywalker rising to be evil would be intriguing.

It also brings back the speculation train about Rey's background. Alternately, it points to Ben picking up the Skywalker mantle to continue the legacy, for good or bad. Or there could be yet another Skywalker out there.

It is generic enough that people can make up their own theories, and when the movie comes out the audience can all go, "OK, I can see how that fits now."

Leia will adopt Rey and name her the True Skywalker heir.

that's happened twice now.
Kind of hard to say that since this is the last movie in the saga, making the previous parts not the last chapter.

You don't end off your decades-spanning movie saga with "...and then everyone was fucked. Fin."

Not that your comment even makes sense. Original Trilogy ended with the death of Palpatine, leading to the prosperity in the Sequel Trilogy that only begins to be undermined by the First Order. The Prequel Trilogy ended on a sour note, but it had to establish the setting of the Original Trilogy. Saying that chapters have ended badly twice is just plain false.

Last edited:
Kind of hard to say that since this is the last movie in the saga, making the previous parts not the last chapter.

You don't end off your decades-spanning movie saga with "...and then everyone was fucked. Fin."

Not that your comment even makes sense. Original Trilogy ended with the death of Palpatine, leading to the prosperity in the Sequel Trilogy that only begins to be undermined by the First Order. The Prequel Trilogy ended on a sour note, but it had to establish the setting of the Original Trilogy. Saying that chapters have ended badly twice is just plain false.
I should have snipped more of your post. I was directly talking about Skywalkers turning evil.

I don't want to see it, but I will anyway.

Of course they can do it. It's not like they were too concerned about things that might upset fans last time
yeah but the ending proved that no matter how far they were willing to go with their 'subversion' they stopped short of actually subverting the narrative (Rey/Ren team up)

Yaaaaaas. Finally. An ACTUALLY SCARY VILLAIN.

...I mean, damn, its been since - like - The Phantom Menace that we've had a worthwhile villain in the SW saga.

Dooku, Grievous, Palpatine and Vader don't count?
Didn't like Dooku and Grievous and what on earth made you think I was counting the latter two among that?

Didn't like Dooku and Grievous and what on earth made you think I was counting the latter two among that?
well from what I can tell a lot of people do like them but to each their own. and because they are villains? Idunno why you wouldn't but again whatever you want and all.

My feeling is, Star Wars will not end with Ep. 9. Yeah, might as well give this a miss. I don't have enough money to slavishly follow a series of movies that aren't that good.

yeah but the ending proved that no matter how far they were willing to go with their 'subversion' they stopped short of actually subverting the narrative (Rey/Ren team up)
It worked. It not as "subversion" then at very least as gotcha moment movie was full of.

So about a month away from the movie hitting theaters. So how do people feel about the movie at this point based off all the trailers?

Back
Top Bottom