What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Trek Recommendations & Ideas Thread - FIC Edition

WhiteDragon25

So I've noticed that Frozen In Carbonite still hasn't gotten a Star Trek Recs & Ideas Thread yet, so I thought I might as well continue my streak in starting one here.

If you got Star Trek fanfic recommendations, fanfic ideas, or just want to talk about Star Trek in general, you can do so here. Enjoy.

So what do you think of the upcoming Picard show?

So what do you think of the upcoming Picard show?

Tentatively excited: I was utterly disappointed with Discovery being a dumpster-fire, but with what I've seen in the ST: Picard trailer, I think we might finally have the first decent Star Trek we've had in years. Not only Patrick Stewart, but also Jeri Ryan and Brent Spiner as well? Sounds awesome!

But we have to wait and see when the show launches next year. Until then, let's discuss some fanfic ideas and recs we might have.

S1 of Discovery was almost entirely trash other than the mirror universe episodes, but S2 was a dramatic improvement (even if a few parts began to lag). Taking a break from Burnham as the messiah, as well as bringing in Pike and Number One was a good choice, as was a lot of the little retcons to at least attempt to appease the pissed off fans.

Picard is looking good so far.

How about a vs against Star Wars? I don't think that has been done before. 😇

The last sentence is a lie and you know it. : P

There's a project that I had a small part in (just the starship models): Star Trek Reimagined , by Count of Crisco. It's worth to check it out as (I think) it does a good job of updating the setting while keeping the spirit of the original TOS. Also the guy does cross post on SB and his name there is Charles Markov (I think)

Then there's me attempting to piggyback on his project with a mirror universe: Sustainable Mirror Universe

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom