What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sargon of Akkad thread

I listened to the 'police of vice & virtue' video awhile back that he mentioned. It blows my mind that police officers are really calling people up to discuss transgenderism and threatening to get people fired.
The progessive/SJW agenda knows no bounds

The problem I have with Sargon is how thick he can be. Sometimes the guy is wrong but the discussion will turn into a SB-tier nitpick discussion with semantics that it becomes a pissing contest if the other person steers into it. He really needs to work on that.

However his mythcon debate with Thomas Smith

Thomas Smith basically became the poster-child for the #cancelcomrades that Sargon has. Instead of actually debating issues, Thomas went up there to grill Sargon about all the toxic things he did. Sargon handled it expertly, took the discussion back to issues, and showed everybody how shallow SJWs are.

Which is why I find him boring. The man knows how to debate but he never actually research his arguments, hence his thickness. He tries to sound cleverer than he actually is, which I think is a mortal sin for any sort of political/social commentator. Well, that and debating without facts. We'd boo people who do that in forums, why should I then waste time watching shit like that on Youtube?

Honestly, used to like him, especially his side channel regarding ancient literature. Then he went off the deep end when the Brexit mess started and followed that by going full Trumpian. Honestly, I wound up ditching most of my old Skeptic channels. All that's left of them now are Thunderf00t, AronRa, and Bible Reloaded/Hugo and Jake.

Which is why I find him boring. The man knows how to debate but he never actually research his arguments, hence his thickness.
That's an interesting take. He does reviews on political treatise and puts up screenshots of the content he's talking about. Part of Sargon's appeal is he does do legwork to give his audience reference to what he's talking about.

He tries to sound cleverer than he actually is, which I think is a mortal sin for any sort of political/social commentator. Well, that and debating without facts. We'd boo people who do that in forums, why should I then waste time watching shit like that on Youtube?
Well you're debating without facts right now.

That's an interesting take. He does reviews on political treatise and puts up screenshots of the content he's talking about. Part of Sargon's appeal is he does do legwork to give his audience reference to what he's talking about.

Like I said, I didn't watch all his videos. His Islam series have holes in them, his red pill stuff have some dodgy references and his current events just... bleh.

For the second one, I admit I am stupid, had done or said stupid things and probably will do or say stupid things. I don't try to sound cleverer than I actually am (at least I hope I don't come across that way).

Except when he was debating Thunderf00t on Brexit where all he had was "muh sovereignty"

T: it'll cause braindrain
S: but we need our sovreignty back
T: it'll wreck the economy
T: it'll wreck our national defense
T: but it's fucking stupid

Mostly without clarifying what that even meant beyond not wanting muslim immigrants.

Back
Top Bottom