What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sargon of Akkad Banned from Patreon

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ScreenXSurfer @Rufus Shinra

We have a derail thread made for this express purpose, I will have no more of your bickering in this thread. Disobey my order and both of you will be spending Christmas banned.

Sincerely,

Lord Inquisitor Adornable Community Outreach Moderator

In the real world, no they don't. People getting banned from a service doesn't gather much, if any shit beyond some short-lived hashtags. That's SJW thinking you're throwing there, reminds me of DashCon. ^^
...I feel like I didn't mention that Patreon has been manually calling people like Tim Pool to explain why they banned Sargon in this thread. Several unbanned anti-progressvie people have jumped to the same alternative Sargon has in protest, and there's at least a few people who've stopped donating through Patreon because of this. Sargon has successfully made a big stink of the situation by explaining in no uncertain terms that Patreon did not justify their decision with rule-breaking behavior, and he is thus not in the wrong by the rules they had actually written. Furthermore, this is not merely a service, this is a primary revenue stream that became popular partly from YouTube compromising its status as such when they decided to try and cater to the big companies scared of PR backlash, instead of the people who actually give them content and the smaller businesses that make up the bulk of ad revenue who can't afford to care about that stuff because YouTube's the only advertisement they can afford.

To be blunt, Patreon has entered panic mode over this. They know it's a PR nightmare, because they did not utilize their written rules to ban Sargon. They have, inherently, put every user under pressure to leave because they have no safety anymore. They can't use the guidelines as the limits of their behavior, they have to watch everything they do online, this action has, essentially, made everyone who relies on Patreon for revenue need to be ruthlessly paranoid about everything they have said or done. Because Sargon got banned for something done 10 months ago, on a channel with under 4k subscribers, over an hour into the stream. Something that was insulting the alt fucking right.

Which means the only rule that could cover Sargon's banning, as Patreon users are being informed of as reasoning for Sargon's ban, is that they are word policing. You can't use the word nigger if you use Patreon, regardless of context or target, even if the target is the alt-right for behaving like they accuse black people of, even if it's been 10 months since it happened, even if it occurred in an unknown corner that had to have a literal harassment campaign dig it up. This is not acceptable for a revenue stream. It's far too much risk for a normal person to dare rest their livelyhood on. And thanks to Sargon bringing up his move to another service, everyone who watches his video knows they have an out.

I remember when they ban Lauren Southern the founder of Patron went on the Rubin report to explain why this exact thing would never happen.

patreon really shot themselves in the foot because they basically had a monopoly on this particular service and now they've basically created competition for themselves. It doesn't help that YouTube started a similar service for YouTubers.

whatever, I expect a competitor site will pop up unless visa and MasterCard shut that down as well

I remember when they ban Lauren Southern the founder of Patron went on the Rubin report to explain why this exact thing would never happen.

patreon really shot themselves in the foot because they basically had a monopoly on this particular service and now they've basically created competition for themselves. It doesn't help that YouTube started a similar service for YouTubers.

whatever, I expect a competitor site will pop up unless visa and MasterCard shut that down as well
Except noone trusts youtube either after they repeatedly fuck over content creators. That's literally why Sargon was on Patreon to begin with. The difference is that Youtube fucks anything not family friendly and half the stuff that is, and patreon just fucked a couple jackasses that aren't popular outside of the far/alt-right.

Except noone trusts youtube either after they repeatedly fuck over content creators. That's literally why Sargon was on Patreon to begin with. The difference is that Youtube fucks anything not family friendly and half the stuff that is, and patreon just fucked a couple jackasses that aren't popular outside of the far/alt-right.
You're talking about the adpocalypse. I'm guessing

You can join a YouTuber now which is a way for them to get Revenue outside of AdSense.

I first saw this feature on a channel that was exclusively about bounty hunting in South Cali. I don't know if that qualifies as family friendly

Man white people get fuckin furious over not being able to sling the nbomb around
Roydle weren't you in favor of punching Richard Spencer?

That's how youtube started its slow decent into the adpocalypse, years before that it was demonizing and black listing smaller, more obscure controversial youtubers.

There is a rule on the site specifically saying calls to violence aren't okay.
Well I specifically inquired to make a point so we'll let it slide, but to actually adress Rodyle.

Many people punch Nazis, trans people included. If you've got a problem with Nazi punching, shield the white supremacists with your body.

(That you thought this was a gotcha of any sort is baffling)
Ok so punching Nazis is just fine, but calling them niggers should get your livelihood ruined.

Do you not see the issue?

Ok so punching Nazis is just fine, but calling them niggers should get your livelihood ruined.

Do you not see the issue?
There isn't one because as has been explained, beyond the basic and very easy to follow rule of "hey white people don't drop the n-bomb" which for some Very Mysterious Reason Sargon can't follow, the problem with what Sargon didn't isn't that he insulted Nazis. You know perfectly well that isn't the problem, just like you know perfectly well that Morphile's a fascist. That you refuse to admit these points is not on me.

There isn't one because as has been explained, beyond the basic and very easy to follow rule of "hey white people don't drop the n-bomb" which for some Very Mysterious Reason Sargon can't follow,
As a society we have a basic and very easy to follow rule of "hey all people don't assault eachother" which for some very mysterious reason antifa can't follow.

the problem with what Sargon didn't isn't that he insulted Nazis. You know perfectly well that isn't the problem, just like you know perfectly well that Morphile's a fascist. That you refuse to admit these points is not on me.
Well I don't know that Morphile's a fascist.

But you should?
Yes, because the Nazi's ideology specifically calls for her destruction not for any legitimate concern, she wants them afraid because their platform calls on hurting innocent people.

This is you guys right now:
LMCJBpU.jpg

This is like saying murder and killing in self-defense are morally equivalent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom