What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salbazier's Random Blather about Salbazier's Gastronomic Consumption

Salbazier

Seems like a good idea for thread .... but I haven't eaten lol.

So that's about my food today: dinner at 5'o clock (if that counts as dinner) at haven't got supper yet (it's now near midningt) and my stomach is making sounds. Bleh this thread is a mistake. :/ It making me hungry.

Seems like a good idea for thread .... but I haven't eaten lol.

So that's about my food today: dinner at 5'o clock (if that counts as dinner) at haven't got supper yet (it's now near midningt) and my stomach is making sounds. Bleh this thread is a mistake. :/ It making me hungry.
I feel slightly sick when I eat. It kinda sucks. ):

Supper is rice with raisins, pistachio, and olive oil. Surprisingly match pretty well.

*hugs kitty*

Digestion problem?
I dunno never had it checked.

So what's for dinner Sal?

So what's for dinner Sal?
Yesterday's? Egg and sayur asem (google it).

Going to skip breakfast at home this morning it seems. Just some banana fritters. I'll take some on the road later

I dunno never had it checked.
Well, sorry if this sound meddlesome but your probably should. I had digestion problem myself for years, an once I got checked and get medicine, well, it helps. I don't have money to go to the doctor all the time, but when it got really bad, the meds really help. Also important is that I now know what the problem is and I also know that it is not something worse.

Yesterday's? Egg and sayur asem (google it).

Going to skip breakfast at home this morning it seems. Just some banana fritters. I'll take some on the road later

Well, sorry if this sound meddlesome but your probably should. I had digestion problem myself for years, an once I got checked and get medicine, well, it helps. I don't have money to go to the doctor all the time, but when it got really bad, the meds really help. Also important is that I now know what the problem is and I also know that it is not something worse.
I also have weird digestion issues when I shit as well. So I probably have an issue

Yesterday ... I didn't really got full meal at all I think? It was mostly snack all day... oh, wait I did got some decent meal in the morning/late morning at KFC: a fish bento.

Yesterday ... I didn't really got full meal at all I think? It was mostly snack all day... oh, wait I did got some decent meal in the morning/late morning at KFC: a fish bento.
Not at KFF? :p

Yesterday's late lunch: fried noodle.
Dinner: Yi fu noodle
Supper: Noodle with broccoli and beef in black peper sauce
Today's breakfast: Instant chicken & mushroom noodle.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you like noodles.
LOL depend on the noodles. I just happen to had craving for fried noodles from two days before yesterday. Thus the lunch. For the dinner, my family happens to go a restaurant that made good noodles and I always want to try Yi fu nooble after seeing in manga (hell's kitchen) once. Supper is takeaway from said place.

LOL depend on the noodles. I just happen to had craving for fried noodles from two days before yesterday. Thus the lunch. For the dinner, my family happens to go a restaurant that made good noodles and I always want to try Yi fu nooble after seeing in manga (hell's kitchen) once. Supper is takeaway from said place.

Wait, when you say noodles, are you talking about Bakmi, Lo Mien, Ramyun, Soba, Ramen?

Or perhaps you like all of them :unsure:

Wait, when you say noodles, are you talking about Bakmi, Lo Mien, Ramyun, Soba, Ramen?

Or perhaps you like all of them :unsure:
Huh, the capital is also here.

The previous ones I eat? They are in order, some packaced noodle of whatever brand, Bakmi GM, Bakmi GM, Indomie.

Noodles that i like? Again, depend on the noodles. :)

Today's breakfast is Indomie fried noodles with egg on top.

Huh, the capital is also here.

Yes, Jakarta-chan's here!!! ;)

The previous ones I eat? They are in order, some packaced noodle of whatever brand, Bakmi GM, Bakmi GM, Indomie.

Bakmi GM is quickly becoming the good Mcdonalds of the Bakmi world. Sure it's everywhere, but they do maintain their quality control, and that's praiseworthy.
Noodles that i like? Again, depend on the noodles. :)

Today's breakfast is Indomie fried noodles with egg on top.

Ahhh, the generics. Tastes good but still really easy to make.

Unless if you have hardboiled eggs alongside with fried indomie, and in that case I'll call you a heathen.

Bakmi GM is quickly becoming the good Mcdonalds of the Bakmi world. Sure it's everywhere, but they do maintain their quality control, and that's praiseworthy.
IMHO, best Bakmi ever however is still from a store neamed Bakmi Gajahmada (not relation to Bakmi GM despite the former often shortened to Bakmi GM as well) in Sidoarjo.

If you or anyone ever pass Sidoarjo I heartiliy recommend it. Just look for Gajahmada street.
Unless if you have hardboiled eggs alongside with fried indomie, and in that case I'll call you a heathen.
*throw salts* begone you, raw-egg eating demons :p

*throw salts* begone you, raw-egg eating demons :p

Eww, of course I eat my egg fried. No way am I eating raw egg with my Indomie Fried Noodles :sick:

Today's breakfast. Tengkleng flavour Indomie

Oh, and yesterday's breakfast was instant Spaghetti bolognaise.

I guess I do like them noodles. :p

Some actual gastronomy for this thread for once!

So few weeks I found an instant hamburg steak package at a supermarket. it became new family favorite. I complaint about its overfirmness though. Hamburg is supposed to be soft! After several times buying though, my older brother stopped wanting it, claiming bad MSG aftertaste.

So, in the spirit of wannabe chef, and since it been a while since I last cooking, I decided to make some hamburg steak myself.

Improvising a bit from three recipes found in the net, this is what I ended up using

hamburg ingredients:
370 g ground beef
1 onion, chopped finely
1 egg
1/2 cup panko
A pinch of nutmeg, grounded (whatever amount a pinch lol, I literary just pinched some nutmeg)
A pinch of blackpepper, grounded.
a pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of salty soy sauce (not shoyu, Indonesian soy sauce come in sweet and salty type)
A bit of ketchup (not part of my initial recipe but I figure a dash couldn't hurt)

Sauce ingredients:
Some leftover pieces of the hamburg
1 bay leaf
some raisins
Water as necessary
3-4 tablespoon of Ketchup
2-3 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
a drip of salty soy sauce
two pinches of blackpepper

(There supposed to be some vinegar too but I forgot)

As the normal recipe goes, I sauteed the onion, mix it with the beef and and other ingredients, and knead into ...err, slabs of beef mix?
clear.png
Fried both sides of each piece a bit in the pan. The usual business.

Now from here is the most improvisation goes. All two of the recipes (the third one just told to use straight tonkatsu sauce) call for using red wine reduction as sauce base. I'm Muslim tho, so red wine is no no. Grape juice is also out, purely because I'm not feeling like buying grapes on top of buying beef and panko. Even if I buy grapes, I rather just eat them fresh
emot-v.gif
. Hence why I whimsically add raisins in attempt to add at least some grapeness.
clear.png
Also adding that bayleaf even though no recipes call for it whackjob attempt to add flavour to compensate the lack of grape juice/red wine.
clear.png

Anyway, so I added water to some pieces of the fried beef, added bay leaf, and raisins, and boil them for a while. After which I add the remaining ingredients, and return the hamburg into the pan for them to finish cooking in the sauce.

End results, hmm. I think I messed up a bit. I got too much meat. Should have increase the amount of seasonings first, not only because there's more beef but also because considering my family's tongue, we are too used and in favor of lots of seasoning that a westerner or Japanese measure won't up to task. Also made them too thick. Fumbled a bit when flipping causing some cracks. My mother also said I used wrong type of panko and add too little. I dunno about that but ah well.

As far taste goes, well, the sauce is done pretty well I think. It taste different from the laste time I made but of course it is since I use different mix (previously I improvised sometihng out of oyster sauce, salty soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, ketchup, and I forgot what else if any). The hamburg themselves taste like it could some improvement however.

Ah well. At least my brother got his free-msg and less fatty hamburg while I got my soft hamburg plus for once cooking for someone else. (My mother praise my cooking sometimes, but both because of health and taste don't into most things I eat beyond taste testing, so I really just cook for myself when I do).

0JusX1g.jpg

DHkewlN.jpg

94f2FnO.jpg

Forgot too cook some side dish too....

@Salbazier. Just curious, but what is tepung kobe in English?

I kinda would like to ask for that at the Asian market here. But I have no idea what Americans call it.

@Salbazier. Just curious, but what is tepung kobe in English?

I kinda would like to ask for that at the Asian market here. But I have no idea what Americans call it.
Kobe flour :p

More seriously, 'Kobe' is a brand not a type. I dunno, try asking 'flavoured flour to fry food'.

Back
Top Bottom