What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salbazier's Random Blather about Salbazier's Gastronomic Consumption

My family went to America for a trip, and I strongly urged them to eat at an Indonesian restaurant in LA, possibly the only place in the West Coast that I can reliably find Indonesian food.

They said no and went to a western restaurant anyway :cry::cry:

I mean, sure the food's good, but I'm so used to Western Food that some Indonesian food is welcome, sadly, they don't share my sentiments...

My family went to America for a trip, and I strongly urged them to eat at an Indonesian restaurant in LA, possibly the only place in the West Coast that I can reliably find Indonesian food.

I mean, sure the food's good, but I'm so used to Western Food that some Indonesian food is welcome, sadly, they don't share my sentiments...

Better luck next time, my friend.

Well, it kind of odd for going all the way to US just to eat Indo food. :V

Well, it kind of odd for going all the way to US just to eat Indo food. :V

Indonesian food in the US is very different to the Indonesian food back home, different style. That's why I like Indo immigrant food in America.

If you can visit the US, specifically Los Angeles, I highly recommend trying the Indo food there. It's Inddonesian, but the methodology and preparation is very very different compared to what I'm used to.

Somehow, minced (or chopped or whatever it is called in English) chicken (fried with chopped onion and seasoning) is more delicious after it is been chilled in the fridge than while hot
*omnomnom*

Eat some tengkleng recently. Unfortunately, whether that's part of the standard recipe or just the restaurang I ordered from, the broth contains some chilli which I don't like (still on bearable level though so I can still ate it). That said, it is actually quite good. The meat is so soft. And even the fatty part is quite tasty, even though I normally don't like fat. Maybe because it is goat meat. I've found mutton (both in the sheep meat and goat meat meaning)'s fatty part to generally more delicious than beef (excepting specific parts of beef, like the oxtail)

It is too heavy though. Even though it is tasty I left plenty of the fat (and the skin). So plenty and so heavy! Reminds me of the time I tried brain. Delicious, but goodness, I don't dare to eat this so much concentration of fat often.

I tried some black fried rice today. Made with squid ink. Turn out its quite tasty, Also looks quite good too. Hmm, I'll insert a photo but transferring from cell and uploading to imagehost is a hassle. Maybe later. :)

Lunch was and midnight supper will be lumpia filling without lumpia skin. :)

I tried some black fried rice today. Made with squid ink. Turn out its quite tasty, Also looks quite good too. Hmm, I'll insert a photo but transferring from cell and uploading to imagehost is a hassle. Maybe later. :)

Had squid ink pasta before, but never rice.

If your cellphone have a wifi connection you can just use log in to FiC on your cell's browser and use that nifty attach files button. It's what I did.

Also, lumpia (or popia as I know them) sounds nice. :D

I've seen that one in manga. How it taste?
I had it in Venice with shrimp and scallops, quite good. It seems to add a little bit of salt, and just a tiny bit of ocean/fish flavor, although that second one may be from the other ingredients as well. It's mostly a Sicilian thing though, from what I understand.

What is white curry???

Currently have Mie Sedapp with White Curry flavor in cooking. Will update later with taste impression.

Back
Top Bottom