What's new
Frozen In Carbonite

Welcome to FIC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salbazier's Random Blather about Salbazier's Gastronomic Consumption

Jakarta

My family went to America for a trip, and I strongly urged them to eat at an Indonesian restaurant in LA, possibly the only place in the West Coast that I can reliably find Indonesian food.

They said no and went to a western restaurant anyway :cry::cry:

I mean, sure the food's good, but I'm so used to Western Food that some Indonesian food is welcome, sadly, they don't share my sentiments...

t-dugong

Beach bum, Esq.
My family went to America for a trip, and I strongly urged them to eat at an Indonesian restaurant in LA, possibly the only place in the West Coast that I can reliably find Indonesian food.

I mean, sure the food's good, but I'm so used to Western Food that some Indonesian food is welcome, sadly, they don't share my sentiments...
Better luck next time, my friend.

Salbazier

"May I meet you once again?"

Well, it kind of odd for going all the way to US just to eat Indo food. :V

Jakarta

Well, it kind of odd for going all the way to US just to eat Indo food. :V
Indonesian food in the US is very different to the Indonesian food back home, different style. That's why I like Indo immigrant food in America.

If you can visit the US, specifically Los Angeles, I highly recommend trying the Indo food there. It's Inddonesian, but the methodology and preparation is very very different compared to what I'm used to.

Salbazier

Somehow, minced (or chopped or whatever it is called in English) chicken (fried with chopped onion and seasoning) is more delicious after it is been chilled in the fridge than while hot
*omnomnom*

Salbazier

Eat some tengkleng recently. Unfortunately, whether that's part of the standard recipe or just the restaurang I ordered from, the broth contains some chilli which I don't like (still on bearable level though so I can still ate it). That said, it is actually quite good. The meat is so soft. And even the fatty part is quite tasty, even though I normally don't like fat. Maybe because it is goat meat. I've found mutton (both in the sheep meat and goat meat meaning)'s fatty part to generally more delicious than beef (excepting specific parts of beef, like the oxtail)

It is too heavy though. Even though it is tasty I left plenty of the fat (and the skin). So plenty and so heavy! Reminds me of the time I tried brain. Delicious, but goodness, I don't dare to eat this so much concentration of fat often.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)