What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Right wing thread

And to my mind, many on the left don't debate anymore. Just verbally felate themselves and call anyone right of Clinton a Nazi or fascist.

But that shouldn't stop calm, reasoned debate about the shape of the country going forward.

And right posts memes and calls everyone they don't like Marxists. They don't debate either.

The problem is the American right and left disagree on basic facts and use different statistics. The american right also lacks a distinctive ideological platform outside of cryto-dominionism and crypto-fascism. The former right wing ideologues have since moved over towards centrist democrats. With neither side being able to agree with the other on basic facts and the right failing to provide an actual ideology to debate against, reasoned debate stops working.

Heck, this threads very first post claimed that right were religious fundamentalists, 4chaners and redpilled men. Such people have such fundamentally different worldview than mainstream society that any debate quickly turnings into arguments if one plus one equals two or not.

The only other poster in this thread to try to put forth a right wing paradigm just used vague buzzwords and talked about how much they hate leftists. Which is the entire conflict in a nutshell, the left and center are divided on actual detailed policies and schools of thought while the right just wants liberal tears and has no detailed ideology beyond white male identity politics.

Since this is supposed to be the right wind thread I'd like for someone to prove me wrong and to provide an actual ideology that isn't based on religion, or white nationalism. (Or Memes, sorry Sarcobite.).

But as far as I can tell, reasoned political debate in this country has been replaced with two separate nation wide circle jerks and a contest of who can be the most smug, condescending cunts.

And the problem is that this result of a series of earlier trends. The cultural divide between the north-east and south-west that makes the two areas almost seperate nations. You have the culture war, started by religious conservatives decades ago, endlessly grow and drag more and more people into it. And you have the post equal time conservative news outlets like Fox News and Alex Jones effectively divided the USA's population among two different media bubbles that made the previous schisms all the worse.

This isn't a new phenomena. It's the result of trends going back decades. And don't see how we reverse. Except by having the side I like actually win the cultural war decisively. The same way they defeated segregation, sexism and homophobia in the past.

1533496020818.jpeg

Any thoughts?

And to my mind, many on the left don't debate anymore. Just verbally felate themselves and call anyone right of Clinton a Nazi or fascist.

I'm not saying the right doesn't have its own assholes. They have plenty, Richard Spencer and Bannon come to mind.

But that shouldn't stop calm, reasoned debate about the shape of the country going forward.

But as far as I can tell, reasoned political debate in this country has been replaced with two separate nation wide circle jerks and a contest of who can be the most smug, condescending cunts.

And no, I'm not calling anyone in thread a cunt. I'm speaking in generalities here, not specifics.

Like, you do know that poisoning reasonable political debate was a deliberate strategy of one of the parties, right? Dub calls for civility and treating people with respect "political correctness" and treat it as a sin? The 'party of No,' was their own term that party leaders claimed at a time the Democrats had a president legit trying to reach across the aisle and for that to deliberately be used as a tool against him in negotiations, as in we had people like Mitch McConnell outright say that. The creation of a media bubble that dubbed all outside of it, of a wide variety of views, 'liberal media.' (And then the development of an even further right mini-bubble within that, Breitbart and all that), being another large factor.

And, well, we have actual people in camps ripped from their families. Some of the terms are not the exaggeration it once was, and 'the right's own assholes' are not simply just fringe figures that can be written off as not counting.

In my own experience, if the Republicans are doing something really bad in respect to something... oh, let's say race. I can be as polite as I can be, try and phrase things as neutrally and technically as possible, "The Republican party supports policies that while they do not claim is race based, but negatively impacts people on racial lines, and the people of various races know this, have said this, and the Republicans do that anyway, hence the not-illigimate views of racial bias," (<--- note, this was before the Wall, Muslim Bans, and the much more open stuff recently) and that will often be met by "You're just calling us racist," and such. Being outraged at calling a spade a spade and the situation what it is is, well, a tactic in itself, and if you have people who really are fascists and racists and such and pursuing that at high level in the party, then your opponent calling that out isn't them pulling a godwin or trying to torpedo things with lack of civility towards you (generic you, any specific poster)- if someone else cannot describe things as they happen without it being, you neatly have created a situation where people cannot debate stuff honestly without being classed as uncivil and thus not listening to. If people can only be civil enough to describe one party by describing it as nicer than it is and not actually call it out on things it really is doing, well, that's a problem, and the problem isn't with those people being uncivil.

There was a poster on SB, Bryan, who I debated for yeeears only to realize that he did set himself in the position where describing things as anything other than 'equal at worst between the parties' would be taken as an attack and a reason to huff off, no matter the subject. Then Trump won and he was shocked, shocked how things got so bad while a ton of people were like, "Hey, you do remember how you stuck with 'em every step of the way through the uncivility and would always end up, no matter what happened with, 'well, they're about equal, but I'll side with the Republicans,' on every stage that lead to this situation you now find a bridge too far, right?". To us, it was an incredibly clear and obvious purposeful tactic and path that lead to even greater use of that tactic, but to him, it somehow blindsided him because he had been engaging in a 'turn a blind eye to purposeful uncivility from the party itself,' for so long.

Do you think that Mexican children should be forced to defend themselves in court, that Muslims should be banned, that tax cuts that decimated the poor are okay and that we should have an administration eyeball deep in corruption
Well, since those things aren't happening in the real world, but are the fantasies of the demented Left, of course not.

The average trump voter is more likely to rape and murder than the average illegal. And that doesn't give them the right to shackle children and force toddlers to represent themselves in court

I swear to god conservatives can often be sociopathic when it comes to immigrants
Citation needed. Now.

Also, the whole 'seperating kids illegally entering the country from their parents at the border' was something that exist long long before Trump. It was a thing under Obama too, yet funny how no one raised a fuss about it back then.

Citation needed. Now.

Also, the whole 'seperating kids illegally entering the country from their parents at the border' was something that exist long long before Trump. It was a thing under Obama too, yet funny how no one raised a fuss about it back then.
I'm pretty sure that this was already explained. There were studies that showed thst immigrants, both legal and illegal commit crimes at a lower rate than people who are born citizens of the US. The poster you quoted took Trump's statements about them being rapists and murderers as to make the specific statement there. The assumption being that Trump voters are native born.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...-immigrants-here-illegally-commit-more-crime/

Edit: and if you claim any pro-Trump source is more reliable than the Washington Post, I will laugh at you.

Edit: long story short: more illegal immigrants means lower crime rates.

Last edited:
I never got people who are proud to be Right-Wing or Left-Wing. I mean, according to political compass tests online I am slightly left of Centre, but... still. Ideologies. Positions. Building your identity around any of those is just asking for it imo

Back
Top Bottom