What's new
Frozen In Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Revival Quest

Jakarta

Cutest Mod
Moderator
Cold. That is all you feel, cold.

It has been an all enveloping sensation since forever, you don’t know for how long you have felt this cold, it is uncomfortable, but it is a constant, so you adjusted for the situation. Just how long will this uncomfortable coldness last, you have no idea. And yet still, the cold persists.

You heard something, some muffled noises as you slept through this cold. But, all of a sudden, you felt this warmth creeping through you, it continues to creep and yet, even though you still are asleep, you felt warm, and comforting.

An unexpected jolt, some form of stinging pain all across your backside forced you to open your eyes, all you see is a clear white room with several metallic looking furniture surrounding it.

“Welcome back administrator.” Some mysterious voice said. “I trust that you have a good rest?”

You step out of your ‘bed’, which looks like some metallic pod with a glass casing that once sealed you, and looked at your surroundings. You know this voice, it is the object you call an ‘AI’, and this AI has a name.

Helen.

“I am sure that you are suffering from temporary amnesia administrator, extremely long cryogenic sleep can lead to some amnesiatic symptoms to develop. Would you like to start your initialisation process? Alternatively, you are allowed to wander around the facility for a while, and get used to your surroundings.”

What do you do?

[ ] Wander Around this ‘facility’ Helen spoke about.

[ ] Start the initialisation process, whatever that means.
 

Alias

Bean Daddy
Moderator
[X] Start the initialisation process, whatever that means.
 

Schreiben

Active member
[X] Wander Around this ‘facility’ Helen spoke about.

We can view the world unencumbered by the preconceptions of our experience, that is view it with fresh eyes. You don’t often have the chance to do that. Also, preferably talk to Helenai and ask her what Initialisation entails. Given what little we know about the setting that could be a lot.
 

Jakarta

Cutest Mod
Moderator
Any tiebreakers here?
 

Schreiben

Active member
[X] Wander Around this ‘facility’ Helen spoke about.
[X] Start the initialisation process, whatever that means.

Breakin’ ’em ties is what I do.
 

Jakarta

Cutest Mod
Moderator
[X] Start the initialisation process, whatever that means

You ponder the question for a while, start the initialisation process? What does that mean? You haven’t been too long in this facility, but something tells you, a rather guttural feeling is telling you that this AI is friendly. And you should trust her with certain things concerning your amnesia.

So you accepted the AI’s offer. “Please, start the initialisation process.” You said, a request to which the AI didn’t respond for a few minutes, resulting in some confused pondering by you.

“Forgive me, there are several critical damages to the current facility for me to give you a complete initialisation, please go towards the closet for your clothes, a partial briefing of your current whereabouts and who you are will be in order after that.”

You nodded, and walked towards a steel closet that is right next to the pod where you were sleeping. You opened it, and wore the clothes she gave to you.

There is a mirror right next to the closet, you walk towards it and it shows who you are.



“So this is how I look.” You said to yourself, twirling around and seeing your bodily features. Fragments of your childhood suddenly flood your memories, something about a city called ‘Lyon’ and ‘Johor Baharu’ spring to your mind, and also, names such as ‘Melati’ and ‘François’ also popped to your head.

Were they your friends? Something tells you that they are, you felt a sudden warmth whenever those two names are mentioned, but, you still have duties to follow. You walk past the mirror, and then the AI speaks up again.

“Please follow the Blue Light as you exit the room Administrator, it would lead you towards the briefing room where then a partial briefing would be held.

You nod your head and head outside, the metallic room also having a metallic door that accompanies it, a door which automatically opened for you, much to your surprise. Something tells you that this is usual for your past self, but seeing doors open by themselves felt weird.

Regardless, you exit the room, and entered into a metallic hallway yet again. Metal, metal, is everything covered in metal in this facility? Still, you soldiered on, you followed the trail of blue lights on the side of the wall, and it was there that you saw it. A glimpse into where you are.

There is a window within the hallway as you walked through it. And what it shows is a sight to be behold.



“Where… am I?” You asked.

“Genesis. Ringworld Genesis.” The AI responded, “you have been interred in the Genesis Ringworld for almost 100 years, please, come with me and almost everything will be told. It’s what Cadence Felletier would’ve wanted.”

“Is that my name?” You asked.

“Yes, you are Cadence Felletier, although most people would’ve called you Cadence just for simplicity.”

“Huh…”

That simple feeling you have of following the AI is suddenly shaken again. You still felt no malice coming from her, but there is an overwhelming sense to explore this ‘Ringworld’ you just saw from the window. It just seems so... unique and so out there compared to this now rather drab facility you’re in.

What do you do now?

[ ] Follow the AI, get this briefing finished, you can explore this Ringworld after that. Your duty comes first.

[ ] Ditch the AI, you suddenly got a brief flashback of a ‘motorbike’ that is available somewhere within the facility, you can ask the AI and maybe you can use this ‘motorbike’ to explore the Ringworld, explore and learn yourself in a much more hands-on way.
 

Alias

Bean Daddy
Moderator
[X] Follow the AI, get this briefing finished, you can explore this Ringworld after that. Your duty comes first.
 

Schreiben

Active member
Interred. As in entombed, or as in imprisoned?

Nice ringworld. The moon looks like it's Luna, so this might be Earth orbit. Is the image for atmosphere and overview, or can we expect it to be gospel? Like, would that metal thing on the left be an actual vehicle we could fly around in, and moon actually be Luna, and the towers and the yacht actually be there, and for us to explore or interact with, or are they incidental and not that relevant as long as the image achieves the impression you're aiming for?

[X] Follow the AI, get this briefing finished, you can explore this Ringworld after that. Your duty comes first.
 

Jakarta

Cutest Mod
Moderator
[X] Follow the AI, get this briefing finished, you can explore this Ringworld after that. Your duty comes first.

You shake your head. No Cadence, this isn’t the time, I can explore this entire scenery later. For now, the only thing that’s important is to follow the AI and get this briefing done. At least get to the end of the briefing for god’s sake!

You steeled yourself, slapping both your hands to your cheeks before you stepped forward, one leg at a time.Towards the briefing room, was the Cadence of your past always this internally conflicted? One wonders…

The briefing room felt… efficient, that’s the only way to describe the look and feel of this segment of the facility. Instead of metallic, I only see white all around me, white desks, white chairs, even white walls lined up the interior of this room. I promptly took a seat as the lights of this room suddenly went dark, and from a particularly large table in front of me. A hologram appeared, showing a floating hologram of a blue circle.

“Hello there Administrator Cadence Felletier. I am Helen, the Artificial Intelligence responsible for the management and sustainment of this facility. You are currently within your 200th year of being supervisor of the Ringworld Genesis, a ‘Luxury’ class ringworld built by the Federated Republic of Humanity during the year 2405. The year is currently 2618, exactly 100 years after your cryogenesis.”

The ball then continued. Spinning on a nonexistent orbit, filled with tingling lights all across it. “You were born in the year 2365, graduated Johor Baharu High School by 2383, and became an administrator of the Genesis Ringworld during 2418, exactly 13 years after the creation of the Genesis Ringworld. Your friends, current status of their whereabouts unknown, are off the system when you interred yourself into cryogenic sleep.”

“Wait. I interred myself? What happened?”

“Searching Database… Error, partial data loss, unable to find reasoning behind your self cryogenic sleep.”

You bit your lip at that response. This isn’t the response you’re looking for, but you have to deal with it for now.

“Alright, continue your briefing Helen.”

“Thank you. As of this moment, further contact with the Federated Republic of Humanity has stopped. Reasons unknown, this is the last transmission from an Admiral of the Human Navy, sent to all known frequencies.”

It then shows the image of a woman, her hair red and her clothes oozing military professionalism, she seemingly looks at you with those steely eyes of her. Her eyes themselves bloodshot and looks like she was just finished crying for some reason.



“If you’re hearing this, then congrats, you have just weathered the perfect storm. As of this moment, i’m not sure where I should crash land my fleet at. The gateway network has been smashed, so it’ll probably take a few years getting from one end of the galaxy to the other.”

She sighed, and then continued. “Listen, if you are a Federal Citizen, then I only have one advice to give you, try to live your life to the best of your ability, I know things are looking bad right now, and it’ll probably not get better for years, decades even. But please, live your life. If you are someone with the capability to rebuild the Republic, then I implore you to try your best shot. After this... disaster for lack of a better term, we need all the talent we have in order to rebuild the Republic, and to uphold those same ideals the various nations of earth united under.”

She put her palms at her face, before she continued once more. “I’m going to try to dock my fleet somewhere, if you can find the place where my fleet is docked at, then use it to rebuild and protect what you hold dear. This is Admiral of The 1st Fleet, signing off.”

Then the signal cuts off, and you are left there, stunned and not sure how to process this new bit of information. More memories come flooding back to you as you remembered your past, you are apparently a citizen of this ‘Federated Republic of Humanity’, an incredibly prosperous and gigantic space empire within the Milky Way Galaxy, you earned a Bachelors and Masters degree in Public Administration with a minor in… engineering, yes, engineering. You also remembered something, some feeling of pride leftover from the fact that you gained the position of Administrator for this facility, and… a feeling of loss and anguish when you eventually realized the collapse of the Republic.

What happened to the FRH? What is this Disaster that admiral speaks about? Unsure, but knowing more and more about your circumstances, you walked towards the computer, your training as Administrator kicking in. “Helen, show me how operational this Ringworld is? I want to have the Genesis's Communications, Spacedock, and Assembly Facility ready to go.”

There was a pause as the AI tries to process your request. “Error, Assembly Facility operates at only 40% capacity, last orders from the Administrator to ‘Continue Assembly of Combat Robots and Androids of various kinds’ are halted due to lack of resources and inability to get administrator privilege to harvest resources from orbiting Gas Giant. Spacedock operational and at 100% capacity, but MAGLEV train-line system has been damaged from an accident, Communications Facility not operational, extensive repairs required to rebuild Comms Facility.”

Okay, so you’ve ordered a massive construction of robots, and this Ringworld seems to be slowly rotting away while you slept. You may not sure about what to do, but you surely know one thing that you must do.

You must repair this Ringworld, Find that missing fleet, and rebuild Humanity along the way. With that in mind, you decide to.

[ ] Go and repair the Communications Building, restoring Communications to see where in the world you are now and get your bearings is of absolute necessity.

[ ] Take the bike towards the Spacedock, stocking your inventory first is of absolute necessity, you are going to need Spaceships in order to rebuild humanity.

[ ] Drive towards the Assembly Facility, this may be a Luxury Classed Ringworld, but you still have a Universal Assembler in place, maybe give the go ahead towards Helen to start harvesting more resources from the Nearby gas giant, you are going to need a ton of helpers in order to rebuild this facility, and later on, venture to recover whatever’s left of Humanity.

We're not at the Space Battleship Yamato Universe, I just found the image of her to be very representative of what a Space Admiral should be.
 
Last edited:

Alias

Bean Daddy
Moderator
[X] Drive towards the Assembly Facility, this may be a Luxury Classed Ringworld, but you still have a Universal Assembler in place, maybe give the go ahead towards Helen to start harvesting more resources from the Nearby gas giant, you are going to need a ton of helpers in order to rebuild this facility, and later on, venture to recover whatever’s left of Humanity.
 

Ryser

Member
[X] Drive towards the Assembly Facility, this may be a Luxury Classed Ringworld, but you still have a Universal Assembler in place, maybe give the go ahead towards Helen to start harvesting more resources from the Nearby gas giant, you are going to need a ton of helpers in order to rebuild this facility, and later on, venture to recover whatever’s left of Humanity.
 

Schreiben

Active member
[X] Drive towards the Assembly Facility, this may be a Luxury Classed Ringworld, but you still have a Universal Assembler in place, maybe give the go ahead towards Helen to start harvesting more resources from the Nearby gas giant, you are going to need a ton of helpers in order to rebuild this facility, and later on, venture to recover whatever’s left of Humanity.

So, that moon in the first image is more inspirational than actual Luna.
 

Jakarta

Cutest Mod
Moderator
[X] Drive towards the Assembly Facility, this may be a Luxury Classed Ringworld, but you still have a Universal Assembler in place, maybe give the go ahead towards Helen to start harvesting more resources from the Nearby gas giant, you are going to need a ton of helpers in order to rebuild this facility, and later on, venture to recover whatever’s left of Humanity.

You decide to drive towards the Assembly Facility, a facility roughly 100 Kilometers off of your current location, assuming your partially recovered memories is still intact that is. You stood up from the briefing room, shaking your head to clear your mind for your next task, and immediately barked orders towards the AI.

“Helen, please ready a Motorbike for me. You do have those right?”

“Affirmative, currently an estimated 5000 Motorbikes are available at your disposal.”

“Good, prepare one for me to use.” You replied, unfazed at the seemingly ridiculous amount of motorcycles you have at your disposal.

As you walked through the corridors of the facility, your memories of the layout of this particular building coming back once again. You decided to ask Helen a bunch more questions, inquiring questions regarding the status of everything during your absence.

“Helen, can I ask the status of the Ringworld right now? Not just the assembly facility?”

“Of course, Genesis is running at 60% efficiency, lack of administrator privilege means that some areas within the Ringworld may have been overgrown and several outposts and other facilities are abandoned during your absence. Animal population has also grown in several areas as well.”

You cringed at that thought, now more and more regretting the fact that you’ve taken this job, you know that Luxury classed Ringworlds have a rather exotic and sometimes dangerous population of flora and fauna. There are the obvious Lions, Tigers, and other predator species that you must look out for, but there are also other, more off-world species of both Herbivores and Carnivores that you should look out for.

“And Earth decided to give this Ringworld a ‘Tropical’ theme, so probably add in a litany of insects as well…” You said to yourself, sighing visibly. You finally reached the hangar, where a bunch of androids are busy maintaining and making sure your bike is in perfect working order.



You have no idea why there's an inscription saying 'edge' on the bike's suspension.

“Helen.” You said, dismissing the androids and entering your bike, it’s cockpit closing in on you as the bike’s digital cockpit and UI comes online, showing you a litany of data. “Can you harvest resources from the nearby gas giant to clear out any overgrown areas? Oh, and also fill up the storage tanks for future production of anything that might be of importance. By the way, what’s the capacity of our storage tanks?”

“Storage tanks for Solid, Liquid, and Gaseous natural resources are at 0% capacity Administrator.”

“Alright, then send those barges out Helen, don’t build anything new okay? Just leave the Universal Assembler stuff until I can get a hang out of the situation.”

“Understood, deploying interstellar barges per your orders.”

You revved your bike, it’s electric motors whizzing as that typical high pitched sound fills your ears. And you left the facility, your rear view mirror giving you a glimpse into the facility where you slept in, an unusual metal building made of glass, steel, and some other materials you cannot fully decipher what it's made out of. Perhaps you can ask Helen after this little quest you're embarking.



The road towards the Universal Assembler itself felt rather long winded, a mixture of turns accompanied with unusually straight thoroughfares. There are even several occasions where you have to stop and clear a path using the bike’s hidden swivel cannons, and when that didn’t work, you grabbed a Monoblade from the bike’s storage compartment and start chopping leaves up, not patient enough to wait 30 minutes to an hour for a drone to come to your location and clear a path.

Unfortunately, during one of these occasions, while you were busy chopping several vines that are blocking the roadway. You sensed something coming towards you. Your hair tensed up, your senses are alert, and you prepared your combat stance. Is it a predator? Or perhaps just some wild animal that you can shoo away?

Something… big, and hairy leapt towards you, you yourself barely able to dodge the pounce, it landed on the other side, turning it’s body and revealing it’s full form towards you.



It’s Feline, for sure, and definitely not from Earth, is that the Tiger from the planet of Snowforge or perhaps-

You shook your head, this is not the time to start classifying animals. You have a wild animal, ready to eat you at a moment’s notice, so you readied your monoblade and.

[ ] Charge towards the Alien Tiger. Your monoblade is guaranteed to slice through the Tiger with no problem, although if this attack fails you would leave yourself potentially in danger of a paw strike or even worse.

[ ] Make a run towards the bike, the Tiger will surely catch up to you, but that bike is made from alloys and compounds so strong that not even it’s teeth and claws can pierce through it, once inside, the bike's swivel cannons can make short work of the Tiger.

[ ] Remain in place and let the Tiger come to you, a Tiger’s pounce is deadly, but it will allow you time to think ahead and perhaps come up with a counter strategy, if you lose, well, it won't be a good day for you, but if your bet pays off, you can make short work of a wounded Tiger.
 
Last edited:

Ryser

Member
[X] Make a run towards the bike, the Tiger will surely catch up to you, but that bike is made from alloys and compounds so strong that not even it’s teeth and claws can pierce through it, once inside, the bike's swivel cannons can make short work of the Tiger.
 

Alias

Bean Daddy
Moderator
[X] Make a run towards the bike, the Tiger will surely catch up to you, but that bike is made from alloys and compounds so strong that not even it’s teeth and claws can pierce through it, once inside, the bike's swivel cannons can make short work of the Tiger.
 

Schreiben

Active member
[X] Make a run towards the bike, the Tiger will surely catch up to you, but that bike is made from alloys and compounds so strong that not even it’s teeth and claws can pierce through it, once inside, the bike's swivel cannons can make short work of the Tiger.

We are clearly being attacked by a species that wasn’t trained to fear/avoid humans the way African megafauna was, and we’re in dangerous face-off. We don’t know if that alien feline is hunting or protecting or grandstanding against an unusual animal (us), so for now the sensible option is to retreat.
 

Jakarta

Cutest Mod
Moderator
[X] Make a run towards the bike, the Tiger will surely catch up to you, but that bike is made from alloys and compounds so strong that not even it’s teeth and claws can pierce through it, once inside, you can use your swivel cannons to make short work of the Tiger.

Alright, since the Tiger’s clearly large, and is visibly seeing you as prey. You are not feeling too confident fighting it with your monoblade, as sharp as that thing is, knowing that, you sheathed your blade, and as soon as you think the Tiger was slipping, even just for a second, you took off, as fast as possible, towards the bike. The bike was remotely activated per your verbal command, and you simply hoped for the best.

If the Tiger catches you, you know you are done for. So you are immediately putting those legs to work, you may not be the fastest runner, but you might as well try your best considering the circumstances.

You turned your head, and sure enough, the Tiger is rapidly catching up to you, with just seconds to spare, you managed to do some light acrobatics, grabbing an outstretched part of the bike, and using the momentum to bring you inside the seat. Immediately activating the bike’s sealing mechanism and reversing your bike as your screen glitches for a moment, showing briefly the Tiger’s claws striking it.

Finally at a safe enough place, you pressed a button, forcing the bike to unfurl it’s hidden swivel cannons, an action that startled the Tiger, before you opened a shot at the side, startling the Tiger once more.

C’mon, get out of here. You hoped, there’s no need for unnecessary deaths here, creature or human.

Unfortunately, it seems that the Tiger didn’t understood the message too clearly, and just as you feared, it started growling and roaring at your bike, taunting it and preparing to charge once again.

“Unfortunate.” You said, aiming the swivel cannons directly at the Tiger’s torso, and, as soon as the Tiger started charging you, you pressed the button. You felt the recoil of the cannon as the rounds left the barrel, electromagnetically propelled tungsten projectiles cleaving through the Tiger’s fur and flesh as if it’s nothing.

In the end, the Tiger was left moaning in pain, barely alive and too hurt from the shot to be recovered, you took off from the bike and planted your sword at the Tiger’s head, a short end towards such a graceful animal.

“Helen better be clearing forests faster, I really don’t want to kill anymore innocents like this Tiger.” You said to yourself, going back towards the bike and driving once more. Your destination getting closer and closer.

You finally reached the facility after a few more days of driving, it is a long journey, but it will certainly be worth it once you’ve reviewed the inventory of the facility and have a bearing on just how much droids Helen has produced. The Universal Assembler building feels just the same as the place where you woke up, perhaps a bit more of a military feel into the building, but otherwise, seemingly carved out of the same materials. While the building you left off of feels angelic, this factory seems to be very utilitarian, almost brutalist in your view.



“Helen, I know that you’re here, can you open the gates of the facility?”

“Checking for privileges… error, manual override required.”

“Wait, what happened?” You asked. That wasn’t supposed to happen, manual overrides are not supposed to happen unless something really bad is happening within the confines of the Universal Assembler.

“I am not sure.” You heard Helen speak through the bike’s speakers, “It seems that there was an incident where I was forced to stop production and seal the Assembler facility off, I am not particularly sure what happened, my memories are still incomplete.”

Interesting, there’s probably something very wrong with the factory to force Helen to close it off, you are sure that, considering the circumstances, you can dispatch any rogue robotic units with the gun you stored inside the bike, or that monoblade you just used, so with that in mind, you decide to.

[ ] Manually override the restriction, force open the factory with weapons and firepower galore, assuming that the threat is even a robotic unit gone rogue.

[ ] Scout around the factory, maybe looking around the exterior will give you some clues as to what happened that forced Helen to shut the building down.
 
Last edited:

Ryser

Member
[X] Scout around the factory, maybe looking around the exterior will give you some clues as to what happened that forced Helen to shut the building down.
 

Alias

Bean Daddy
Moderator
[X] Scout around the factory, maybe looking around the exterior will give you some clues as to what happened that forced Helen to shut the building down.
 

Jakarta

Cutest Mod
Moderator
Man, you guys all try to make sensible decisions :confused:

I have to try and find a way to spice things up. Oh well...

[X] Scout around the factory, maybe looking around the exterior will give you some clues as to what happened that forced Helen to shut the building down.

“Helen.” You declared. “You said that you’re not sure what happened to the facility? Didn’t you say that you ran out of resources because of that Admin privilege thingy?”

“You are right, but unfortunately I am afraid I was only telling a half-truth, my memory banks have unfortunately experienced a serious reduction in capacity ever since your internment Administrator, I am not confident that I could convey this information in a manner suitable for you, and I am sorry for that.”

You sighed, “Y’know what Helen? Next time, just tell me what you know and don't know okay? It’s better for me to understand what you don’t know than just flailing around in the dark like this.”

“Of course Administrator, I will keep that in mind.”

And with that in mind, you looked at around the giant factory, taking in mental notes on just what might happen that forced her to shut it down. Seeing not a lot just from your immediate surroundings, you take to your bike and decided to do an outside tour of the facility, not really sure what to expect.

Fortunately, your short tour did yield results, there are a lot of burn-marks, whole blasted out sections of the facility, even some destroyed combat androids littered around, just what in the world happened here?

“It seems that there are several signs of a battle happening, but just what is Helen fighting against?” You mutter to yourself, eventually you returned back to the place where you’d arrived. More curious than anything else.

“Helen, could you please open the door? Override Code Ctd3nc3.” You ordered, your memory of the override code coming back to you.

“Are you sure that is wise? I am not sure as to what is inside this facility. It could very well be a trap.”

“Well, I am as prepared as I’ll ever be.” You said, checking the bike’s inventory and confirming of the weapons you have in store. “Besides, the bike’s swivel cannons should be more than adequate to handle any potential threats.”

“Alright then, as you wish Administrator. Applying Override Code and… There you go.”

The massive metal door opened, and it revealed a… cavern?

No, more like a gigantic hallway rather than a cavern. Probably some sort of facility where trucks would park and get their goods transferred, you decided to drive your bike a little bit into it, seemingly without any adverse reaction from whoever might be inside it.

And the sights inside this facility scare you, you overheard Helen from the comms that she could not turn the lights on, so there was this rather eerie feeling emanating from everywhere inside this facility, a veritable haunted house of closed doors, dead metal cranes, and offline robots hanging on hooks. It's fortunate that sunlight is penetrating into the metaphorical guts of the interior, giving it more of an abandoned building vibe as you entered.

Well, for the robots, she did assure you that those things would only activate on your command, for what that’s worth. You decided not to test it.

Suddenly you stop your bike, a dilemma suddenly approaching you. “Helen, do you have a map of the facility?”

“Unfortunately, I don’t. But if my damaged memory cores are correct, the two hallways in front of you would lead you towards the Administrator’s office, I am just not sure which one would take it faster.”

You ponder your choices, the lights of your bike only illuminating the floor beneath the two gigantic hallways, most definitely hallways meant to roll out stuff manufactured here outside, they’re both dark, they’re both imposing, and you are not sure which hallway would you take.

With that in mind, you decided to.

[ ] Take the Left hallway

[ ] Take the Right hallway
 

Chatokay

Self-proclaimed FiC official absinthe provider :)
[ x] Take the Right hallway
 

Alias

Bean Daddy
Moderator
[X] Take the Left hallway
 

Jakarta

Cutest Mod
Moderator
[X] Take the Left hallway

It seems that the only choice you have now is to trust your gut, and your gut tells you that the left hallway might be the more safe choice. So you leaned your bike there and went with your gut. The only thing illuminating the now incredibly dark hallway being your bike’s lights.

It took a while, with the lack of lighting not helping at all with your progress towards the administrative center. Still, you couldn’t help but find it a little bit creepy, with the dusty interior of the facility making it even more eerie the more you plowed through.

Just what awaits you on the other side? Is it the reason as to why Helen decided to shut down the facility? You hoped that this bike’s weaponry is more than enough to dispatch it, at the very least.

You then saw something, something very faint and very weak, a weak signal that your bike’s communications system intercepted, a signal that conveniently lies just in front of you, you decided to investigate it.

As you went closer and closer towards the signal, the emission then stopped. Confused, you scanned your area, the lack of lighting not helping you one bit.

“Huh, weird.” You said, it’s just like the signal seemingly vanished into thin air and didn’t even existed at all. Just as you are about to get out of the bike and investigate it yourself, the lighting system suddenly turned on, it’s bright lights blinding you for a moment before your eyes adjusted.

What stood in front of you is a monster.



It aimed it’s weapons and fired at you, in your panic, you jerked the bike left, barely avoiding the projectile as it hit the ground, creating a small crater. It then started aiming at you once more, and you whizzed around it. Guns unveiled and peppering the mech with the bike’s own projectiles.

Much to your chagrin, it didn’t make much of a difference.

And, to add even more insult to injury, another one of the mech’s shots hit the ground close enough to your bike, forcing you and the bike to tumble around, you felt the bike hit something, hit something really hard, alarms started blaring all around you as the bike then ejected you out.

Your butt hurt from the impact, you still felt a little bit woozy from all that tumbling, but you’ve got a job to do, and so you grabbed your monoblade and whatever weapons you stored. And readied yourself.

You sure as hell have very little chance to fight head on against this mech, so you scanned and saw two possibilities. Which one should you take?

[ ] You saw that the Robot’s back has an exposed reactor core, perhaps a result of unfinished assembly, but nonetheless a chance for you to ensure a quick victory, note that the robot will see this coming, and will try everything in it’s power to stop you.

[ ] You see steps leading towards the Command Module of the Robot, climbing it and hoping for the best might seem insane, but you do know that if you reached the command module, the robot is effectively yours.
 

Chatokay

Self-proclaimed FiC official absinthe provider :)
[x ] You see steps leading towards the Command Module of the Robot, climbing it and hoping for the best might seem insane, but you do know that if you reached the command module, the robot is effectively yours.
 
Top Bottom