What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Requesting OP word count notification or other indicator for chapter update in Stories&Fanfiction

beast_regards

Author
Is it possible to either enable or implement the OP post's word count in alert/notification.

As it is now, at least in Creative Writing, alerts show word count for each time OP posts in the thread, allowing people watching the thread to guess whether a new chapter of the story released, or it is just a discussion.

Is it possible to implement it here?

So far, notification / alerts only state that this or that user replied to the post, hence unable to guess whether user is OP and post is really an update to the actual story.

Also a semi-related question, but what's with the word count not being updated? Because it's kinda annoying to see the alleged story being stuck at 78k words when I'm pretty sure I pumped something like 3k words in the past two weeks...

Also a semi-related question, but what's with the word count not being updated? Because it's kinda annoying to see the alleged story being stuck at 78k words when I'm pretty sure I pumped something like 3k words in the past two weeks...
Did you bookmark it?

Did you bookmark it?
If you mean threadmark them yes because I'm already running into continuity issues so I usually read my own earlier chapters to remember what I actually wrote.

Does threadmarking the post help in system suggesting it is an actual chapter in the story (I mean, in notification users watching the thread receive)?

Or is there some field author could tick to say "hey, this is a chapter"

I'm not gonna lie but I'm now even more confused than usual...

And now for my story the word count's been updated to say 86k words. Is there just a delay or something?

edit: never mind, seems that now word counts are updated in real time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom