What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiden (Metal Gear) Vs 40k Imperium Elites

At what Round does Raiden Finally start to lose A Majority of the Time

• Round 1: He can't even solo an angry Black Templar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Round 2: The Most Elite CQC Marines in Terminator Armor >Raiden

• Round 3: The Emperor's Finest Post-Human Warriors >Raiden > Space Marines

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Round 4: The demi-Primarch Angle Vampire takes this

• Round 5: The Actual Primarch Demi-God Succeeds where all others fail

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Raiden Rules of Nature's His way Through All Opposition

• Total voters

Lord Inquisitor Adornable

The Community Outreach Mod
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net....981810.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20171214110408

Raiden from Metal Gear Rising Revengeance with the Murasama Blade VS the following Elite units of the Imperium of Man.

Round 1: Black Templar Initiates w/ChainSword
Round 2: Dark Angels DeathWing Knight w/Power Sword
Round 3: An Adeptus Custodes Hykanatoi w/ A really good Power Spear
Round 4: Blood Angels Chapter Master Dante w/Axe Mortalis
Round 5: Leman Rush w/The Spear Big-E gave him and he used to Poke Magnus The Red's Eye out.

Moral On.
Victory Condition: Death
Prep: None
No Info beyond you need to kill your opponent to get back home.

How far does Raiden get?

Gotta ask, why that Primarch? He's the anti-caster one, not one of the generalists or a top melee one.

Gotta ask, why that Primarch? He's the anti-caster one, not one of the generalists or a top melee one.
A couple Reasons.

Firstly no Chaos Primarchs, I wanted to keep the Warp Shenanigans to a minimum, and they obviously have fewer normal feats then the Loyalist Primarchs do becouse of chaos enhancement.

Secondly Sanguinius is out becouse his flight is an unfair advantage in a sword fight, but I couldn't just clip his wings becouse his entire fighting style is based around that.

Finally Rush is the Emperor's Executioners and it's heavily implied he killed the two remaining Primarchs, Sure the Lion does beat him to a standstill, but I already have a Dark angles Rep and I don't think the small skill difference either way is going to matter, If Raiden can beat Rush, I'd bet he could beat the Lion even if we assume he's a bit better fighter.

Round 2 he could lose to a lucky hit, but probably not, so 9/10 for him there.

Round 3 is gonna be tough. Even regular astartes are bullet times at higher feat levels, and custodes are supposed to be able to take on dozens of them. Again, if he gets hit, he's down. Power swords don't give a fuck about material durability.

Round 4 I never liked Blood Angels, so I don't know enough

Round 5. He's not top end like Angron Fulgrim or Sanguinius in melee, but Russ Is still a Primarch, which means supersonic nuke tanking titan killing bullshit along with literally centuries of combat experience.

Round 2 he could lose to a lucky hit, but probably not, so 9/10 for him there.

Round 3 is gonna be tough. Even regular astartes are bullet times at higher feat levels, and custodes are supposed to be able to take on dozens of them. Again, if he gets hit, he's down. Power swords don't give a fuck about material durability.

Round 4 I never liked Blood Angels, so I don't know enough

Round 5. He's not top end like Angron Fulgrim or Sanguinius in melee, but Russ Is still a Primarch, which means supersonic nuke tanking titan killing bullshit along with literally centuries of combat experience.
I'm about to include a poll, but if it interests you I'm putting together a IG regiment in this thread. No obligations for any rp or anything, but hey I think the act of assembling the regiment is cool enough.

https://www.frozenincarbonite.org/threads/lets-make-an-imperial-guard-regiment.113/

Raiden would mince, that guy was compared to DCEU Khryptonians (pre-motherbox amp)

Raiden would mince, that guy was compared to DCEU Khryptonians (pre-motherbox amp)
Raiden does not have centuries of combat experience, a sword that can take down a walking armored gun-ridden skyscraper and the ability to tank gigatons and teratons of damage. I never recall MGS2-era Raiden taking on a Gear with nothing but melee weapons, which Russ could do.

Also DCEU sucks in comparison to the comic incarnations.

Raiden does not have centuries of combat experience, a sword that can take down a walking armored gun-ridden skyscraper and the ability to tank gigatons and teratons of damage. I never recall MGS2-era Raiden taking on a Gear with nothing but melee weapons, which Russ could do.

Also DCEU sucks in comparison to he comic incarnations.
Wait, is this MGS2 or Revengeance?

It wouldn't be a quick and easy win, but he would win after a struggle.

Raiden is so much above an astartes. Sure, they can sometimes deflect bullets, but they're not nearly as strong or as tough, and deflecting bullets is, like, Gray Fox level, not Raiden level.

He definitely reaches the Leman Russ fight IMO.

He could beat 20 Astartes with hands tied behind his back.
Source please, of an actual example of him beating 7 foot 2 ton supersoldiers without using his hands once. I'll be waiting.

Source please, of an actual example of him beating 7 foot 2 ton supersoldiers without using his hands once. I'll be waiting.

Hey, remember the time when he brokedance with mecha tied to his feet?

At his strength, he can destroy Astartes with his kicks.

Also, on his redunkulous durability:

Raiden is someone who can throw around hundreds of tons, Armstrong is at least as strong, and rapid-fire like punches like that don't take him out. Bolter shells aren't going to do all that much even if he doesn't dodge or block!

Or, let's give him his arms. Then he's more than fast enough to handle the gunfire, and can slice apart each one with one cut. 20 is not a serious number for opposing Raiden. And by extension, Custodes being able to beat lots of Astartes don't put them in Raiden's league.

Um, no, that is not how physics work. What you are seeing there is the centrifugal force of the mechs weight acting against them. That does not automattically square translate into forward kicks. As for the Armstrong shit no, I got into an incredibly annoying and stupid fucking argument involving him on Spacebattles and the moment I saw his name my eyes glazed over, probably couldn't read what you wrote if I tried.

Um, no, that is not how physics work. What you are seeing there is the centrifugal force of the mechs weight acting against them. That does not automattically square translate into forward kicks. As for the Armstrong shit no, I got into an incredibly annoying and stupid fucking argument involving him on Spacebattles and the moment I saw his name my eyes glazed over, probably couldn't read what you wrote if I tried.

So basically, you don't know the character's capabilities but you're sure they'll lose anyway?

Raiden judo threw a giant mecha then cut it apart. He is too strong.

Um, no, that is not how physics work.
Hold on, we're talking 40K and Metal Gear Rising. Neither setting regards the laws of physics as anything more than a passing acquaintance. Also, you're thinking of leverage, not centrifugal force, and even then, he basically deadlifts EXCELSUS (see below.)

I think the best demonstration of Raiden's raw strength is the Metal Gear EXCELSUS Fight. Keep in mind that EXCELSUS weighs several thousands of tons (If the link works right, I've put you almost right-on the relevant part).

As for his raw speed, it's probably killing a Metal Gear Ray (and keep in-mind, this is his pre-upgrade body):

The only thing Raiden lacks is any sort of defense against Psykers, and the ability to HP-tank Imperial siege artillery like some of the Primarchs can, which is why I can see him losing to Primarchs, but winning against the non-psykers that the Imperium can throw at him.

I do want to make a note, though, about the EXCELSUS scene. While EXCELSUS's weight is never confirmed, it's estimated (unofficially) at somewhere around 5,000-10,000 tons, though probably more between 5000 and 8000.

A Warlord Titan, by comparison, weighs between 1,000 and 2,500 tons depending on whether you use Jonathan Green's Crusade for Armageddon or Dan Abnett's Hereticus (Eisenhorn Omnibus), respectively, and no Primarch has ever been shown capable of lifting such a titan.

Raiden could caber-toss them.

Last edited:

Also, on his redunkulous durability:

Raiden is someone who can throw around hundreds of tons, Armstrong is at least as strong, and rapid-fire like punches like that don't take him out. Bolter shells aren't going to do all that much even if he doesn't dodge or block!

Or, let's give him his arms. Then he's more than fast enough to handle the gunfire, and can slice apart each one with one cut. 20 is not a serious number for opposing Raiden. And by extension, Custodes being able to beat lots of Astartes don't put them in Raiden's league.

In MGS4, Raiden blocked Arsenal Gear, something larger than a supercarrier, pushing in his direction. Given the scene, that makes it a really good idea of his limits, because that's when he started failing. So, he is the equivalent of the drive power of a supercarrier...

In MGS4, Raiden blocked Arsenal Gear, something larger than a supercarrier, pushing in his direction. Given the scene, that makes it a really good idea of his limits, because that's when he started failing. So, he is the equivalent of the drive power of a supercarrier...

The scary part is that he was using a hilariously weaker body than his Rising one, using the old white blood paste stuff, etc.

Holy necropost batman. And on top of that you contributed nothing to the thread that hasn't already been said.

Back
Top Bottom