What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rage of Creation: My latest combined worldbuiding project

The Dark God

Author
AN: This is a repost of a thread on SB that I hope will work out so far the reception besides likes has been abysmal. I am hoping it is better here.
Welcome one and all to my latest of many threads. Now as to what this thread is about? We are going to craft both a setting and a story of the saga and ages of this one Haven from madness and insanity in a monstrous universe of what could only be called Demons.
Now this thread is a little different from the usual in that I have various basic facts of the setting set up. But there is a lot that had nothing done for it that you will fill in. I will just provide the broad strokes.
Now as for the rules

First for this Thread while each poster adds to the setting by posting facts and then building off of the facts each poster posts I would really like Omakes to be written about this setting in the Thread as we go on. Be creative and have it be in universe documents if you want or something else. I just think it would lead to more investment into the setting and fun for everyone while also giving us a chance to show off and improve our writing.

Second rule you can disagree with what someone has written but you must explain why and they in turn must engage with you on the issue. Civil discussion from both parties to come to the best compromise.

With that said let's get started with the basics. Once long ago before the Void of the Dead Cosmos there was the First Universe of light and form but it was destroyed in a apocalyptic cataclysm that left only a bleeding corpse of space and time. This abomination of Entropy and Chaos was named the Dead Cosmos by the last dying whisper of what remained of the previous universe. The Dead Cosmos was a pulsating wound that bled horror and madness and overseeing it all were the Inheritors of Entropy. The Kings and Queens of the Monsters of Chaos that now were the dominant force of life if the warped and twisted spawn of death that arose from the ruins of the First Universe could be called life.

The Inheritors were ruled by the Mystic Sovereign a entity born to enforce the Laws of Entropy upon the Dead Cosmos so that no hope would ever be allowed to shine in the endless Void. And the Inheritors enforced their will through their power over Necro Matter. The new substance of energy and matter that compromised the foundation of the Dead Cosmos.

The First Universe would have called it a living force of darkest magic bonded to the fundamental laws of Creation but to the eternally screaming deziens of the Dead Cosmos it was the flesh of their universe and worst of all the Blood of the Inheritors. There were some beacons of defiance in the form of the Wanderers. Nomads who traveled through the celestial wasteland of the Void trying their best to survive and live with only fragments of broken lore and knowledge of the Arcane Technology of the First Universe to protect them. But this story is not about those brave souls but one of their nightmares. Our tale begins with one of the Inheritors.

The Inheritor of Calamity, Lord of Fire and Darkness, Wielder of the Sword of Annihilation, Storm Reaver and many other titles. But for the sake of brevity we will simply call him Bal, The Iron Devil. Among the Inheritors Bla was the most simple and brutal in his desires.

He wished to kill everything down to their very souls and so he did. The others demanded worship, pain or any other numerous miseries to sate them but Bal? Reveling in a inferno of slaughter while destroying everything he could find in the Void was his joy. Not even the Mystic Sovereign commanded Bal for he was wild and raw, more a force of brutality and violence unleashed then anything else. But Bal harbored a deeper madness then even his savage frenzy. Bal was obsessed with Creation and the act of making.

On his war path he sought out forbidden secrets of Life that had existed with the First Universe. And somewhere in the depths of the Cosmos covered in astral gore he discovered at last what he desired. Bal offering his own Blood and flesh created something that was not fully of the Dead Cosmos. Now this first creation coming directly from Bal was a primordial hunting ground full of eldritch Beasts and other creatures of carnal bloodlust with the power of his Blood flowing through them. But they knew love and joy, sorrow and mercy and under the hand of Bal they flourished and grew. In comparison to the rest of the sordid Cosmos it was a new Eden.

Over the ages the Blood of these first Elder scions of Bal grew weaker and more diluted until the descendents of the first children of Bal could no longer survive the harsh and deadly world Bal had made. Bal hearing the prayers of those who were flesh of his flesh tried to create a sanctuary for his grand children but the destructive nature of that power made such a action mute. He could not provide the home they needed and the Beasts saw them as weak and unworthy of the Oldest Father's love. Bal was forced to feel despair as a piece of the one thing he did not not hate in all of the Cosmos would die and he could do nothing to aid them.

Yes Bal could do nothing but one of the Elder Beasts who had studied the notes and archives of her Father could. She was named Elaine and she was the first child of Bal. Unlike her brothers and sisters who had their Father's wrath as well as dread sorcery she was a artist and creator who tended to the wounds of her siblings and spoke with her Father about his maddening dreams of Beauty.

She could not truly wield the Old Magics because her Blood coming from her Father was Ruin and Murder. But she found that she could purify the corruption of her essence in a act of self Sacrifice to create something her Father could not. A land free of the taint of his murderous power.

Like her Father she was simple in the creation of this new world and just created a vast set of Rings for the weaker races to migrate to. As the First Inner Rings had been made from the Blood of Bal so were these new Outer Rings made by Elaine the kindest of his first Children and through her ritual of purification she become something akin to the old goddesses of the First Universe though one of Pain and Sacrifice. This is how the Young race of man and the others came to the Outer Rings.

Now the two main sources of Magic are Purification and Iron Sorcery. Purification used by the Outer Rings is purging your Blood of Cosmic taint to channel a holy light that can be used to perform miracles and other incredible acts of Creation but it is severely taxing on body and mind to use as it requires great pain to cleanse the Necro Matter of Bal in the Blood

Then there is there is the Iron Sorcery of Bal. Like him it's ruinous, brutal and downright berserk. Some posts that explain it

Re working it Iron Sorcery is extremely powerful but that's the problem. As the Necro Matter In your Blood rises you become more and more a living calamity. The Blood of Bal is ruin and destruction. Though you may have the might of a god you can only smash and sunder, though your sword may be sublime you can only cleave and rend. As the weight of the Dead Cosmos fills you are transformed into a Beast of raw power.

You must move inwards until at last when you are bursting with the Darkness and Fire of the Void you stand alone at the Center where the Dead Cosmos intersects with the Beauty of Creation and Bal stands alone unable to walk among his children. Basicsly it's a Magic set to overkill that will either tear you apart or make you so monstrously radiant with the Energies of the Cosmos you must leave for the safety of others.

Simply Awaken the Blood and practice using the Magic. But the more you draw on it the more the Necro Matter of the Dead Cosmos becomes denser and thickens In your Blood. If it reaches critical mass like a collapsing star your flesh and spirit will implode leaving nothing left but a ascendent Demon of the Cosmos. You get to be like Bal unable to interact or touch the Beauty of Creation.

Though the Iron Devil has been working on a way for him and the Forsaken those of his children who have been consumed by his Blood to walk in the Outer Rings and speak with others not corrupted into visceral rage and bloody Magic. Bal makes all of this wonderful world and he can't be a part of it because he is too Eldritch and Terrible. Not in tenticale mass way but in the sheer make up of his being is total annhilhilation for what he has made that is not of the Dead Cosmos.

I think it is quite fitting to the nature of Bal himself.

Bal cannot help but to destroy and fight, so it makes sense that magic that comes from him can only be used for offensive acts and destruction for the most part.

I don't know exactly how the inner circles would look like, but when it comes to spells, I think that elemental attacks would be the most common form of spells to make this kind of magic, speacially Fire and eletrical elements.

Of course, you can always be creative if how you make destructive spells, like a spellthat makes it rain acid on your enemies and strip them to the bone...
Now I will also post the first Omake and anyone willing to beta it I would be very thankful for your aid
clear.png

The sky is beautiful to behold as the silver stars shine like polished diamonds. The grass waves in the midnight breeze ripple and the leaves of the forest bordering the clearing shake. Rustling with soft whispering sound. All is peaceful and quiet even as something slithers and squirms through the earth. It bleeds rot and breathes insanity as it breaks out of the soil. It is twisted angles that sheer away perception and conortions of space that break reason. Like a origami puzzle it folds and bends itself into a upright shape that is still inverted and twisted. It has turned itself into a humanoid kaleidoscope of warped colors and folded unlight. The grass around the formation of oily slick planes and angles begin to change.

On the outside the green of the tufts is the same but on the inside the root is pealling away to reveal new pale rot. A gray pestilence is eating away at the grass and is spreading to the trees to splinter sap and putrifiy thier innards. The trees and grass become bloated and reek of a sweet sickness. The Emissary of bent light and broken dimensions takes a hand of neon lines cutting through space to leave open wounds that reveal endless Void and pierce them through the tree interwaving strands of razor red light and serrated azure energy as it digs into the core of the curious object.

Thin strands of it's being trace through and around the roots of the tree. Spreading to invest the entire clearing and beyond. It extends his senses out feeling for the touch of Entropy that is ever present throughout the Cosmos. He spread over miles and miles investigating every nook or cranny of this world but he did not find what should have been there. There were no fields of bleeding flesh, mountains of broken cancerous bone did not pierce a hemorrhaging sky nor did pulsating stars rupture with celestial gore. There was grace of form and beauty of shape residing in a peaceful and calm environment.

Where were the rites of slaughter? the chants of despair and screaming calls of madness? As the tendrils of the Emissary spread ever further in a widening radius it found only gently sleeping creatures of untorn skin and unbroken bone. Marvelous cities of intericate machinery awash in oceans of information pouring from countless founts. Children of all things playing in well made parks and laughing with their parents!!! It was a unspeakable travesty against the Laws of the Inheritors that there was purpose or meaning beyond nihilistic hunger. But the worst of this nightmare was yet to come because as his sense of the world expanded ever larger and found ever more signs of joyful life it came across far away in a distance covering thousands upon thousands of miles the first traces of the Cosmos yet upon this inconvincible world. With anticipation thrumming throughout its being the Emissary connected with the first pieces of Necro Matter if had found in this bizzare reality of softly rustling tress and rippling grass. The strands connected with the soil of a far away land and the first thing it felt was
Fire
and
Darkness.
The Emissary retracts its tendrils as fast as it can and attempts to retreat collapsing into a rolling mass of shattered shards and unraveling strands but it is already too late. The first sign is the sky rolling with apocalyptic thunder and seething with lightning. The second is the pulsating drum beat that shakes the earth and resonates with the Blood of those living nearby in their homes of hyper advanced technology.

Their minds are awash with visions of crimson and they shake and shiver from a boiling bloodlust that burns in their heart and surges like magma through their veins. Eyes expand into black pits and uncontrollable growls gurgle from their throats from the oldest to the youngest. And the third sign of what is to come is when the very clouds become heavy with a ponderous weight that forces the very condensed air of the sky still a brew with lighting and thunder to dip downwards to almost touch the earth. The Emissary can only shake as it is unable to escape the encroaching Calamity. The clouds burst apart and then there comes a sound like a thousand howling hounds of a hundred burning hells. A spear of molten black crashes from the heavens to impact the earth and from it arises a holocaust of obliterating darkness.

The ground for miles around is crushed and pulverized to dust as the imploding mass of destructive entropic energy struggles to expand only to collapse again and again into a molten core of seething power. Flames like a living inferno blast outwards every time the ponderous beat of the core of this black oblivion beats. The core turns a searing red and begins to crack as something struggles to break free. A earth shattering roar is unleashed as a form of molten flesh bursts from the core and begins devouring the darkness around it. Ripping and tearing at its own body a titanic form of stripped skin and scarred hide behind to take monstrous form. It is hard to see behind the haze of blistering air and distorted space that surrounds it. But there is a suggestion of great clawed feet like a gigantic wolf. A upper body with six limbs flayed and scorched it would seem by the very blood that flows from the stripped flesh. A chest with veins of ebony surging with liquid power and encased in a cage of bone sparking with electricity a beaten heart of black that when it beats there is a subsonic roar of raw violence that drives any who hears it into a laughing berserk frenzy as a vicious lust overrules their mind.

And crowning this temple of murder wrought in raw flesh is a head with horns mounted on its skull like curved spears driven through its brain and eyes that are dying stars screaming wrath and fury as they drown in the void. The Beast moves towards the Emissary it's jaws salivating with acid drizzling from it's hungering maw. It runs on pounding feet, eyes afire with fury and claws open wide to eviscerate the Emissary of the Mystic Sovereign. But before it can tear apart the entity of the Dead Cosmos in a orgy of soul rending violence it shifts its form again. Once more turning upon itself in a frenzy of self cannibalism until only a pool of bloody Necro Matter and picked clean bones remains. The Emissary slowly uncoils letting the angles and shards of its being spread outwards to reform into its humanoid shape again and as it does it thinks in the inverted colors of its thoughts that it has survived something that has been the doom of whole galaxies. It thinks it has avoided the Hound of Slaughter. And that hope is killed in its infancy as it sees the remains of a God bubble with scalding heat and a form being to press outwards from the churning slime.

The shape that rises from the sulfuric plasma is a humanoid body armored in sheets of hardened blood blackened by heat held together by threaded links of bone interwoven through it. The slime drips away to unveil a face that would be handsome if it was not so twisted by hatred and eyes that are obsidian pits to a barbaric hell. The Inhertior of Calamity shakes his head and a mane of fine black hair waves in the breeze like barbed blades. The Iron Devil is the first to speak and the Emissary feels the lines of light that are it's body break.
"So He finally sends his meddlesome spies to investigate my Creation. Well it was bound to happen in the end and I have been waiting to witness another of the Cosmos behold my Beautiful work"
The Lord of Fire and Darkness gestures to the mountains beyond and the clear blue sky they touch with a grand gesture and his mouth of ferocious fangs split wide open in a gruesome smile of beaming pride. The Emissary looks at the Cosmic God of Brutal War and is scared like a young child that finds something strange and unnatural but is trapped near it
Speaking in tones of slicing light it replies
" You are the creator of this sacrilege? It is Law that all things of purity and beauty be ruined. How can a one of the Inheritors, those closest to Entropy not understand that?"
The Iron Devil no longer looks for a sign of praise in the Emissary at what he has done and instead replies back with scorn
' Foolish as it was, I had hoped that others of the Cosmos could be shown the artistry of this world and understand as I did the need for Beauty. Alas that the brutal nature of the Void will ever prevail among Demons. All the Cosmos is is hunger and primal desire, there is no true satisfaction or simple joy, no peace or contentment of basic existence. No, there is only ever more killing and cycles of unending ruin. Ask not how I came to forge this gem of celestial wonder Emissary for it was a long journey but instead question how could I not? How could I not labor to bring forth this paradise of balanced form and shape? You must see the revelation as I did, can you not? "
The Emissary is frozen with the dreadful feeling it has found a madness not even the Dead Cosmos could embrace and gives its final words.
"Bal, Inhertior of Calamity, Dragon of Wrath and Beast of Murder, in the unholy name of the Mystic Sovereign and the Cosmic Laws of Entropy I charge you with the crime of Creation and hearsy of peaceful life.

You are stripped of your station and given the sentence of being the slave of the Chained Leviathain, as for your Creation it will be defiled and unmade as a example that the Agony of the Dead Cosmos is never able to be defied."
The Hell God looks at the Emissary stone faces until his face begins to literally crack from mirth and the black squirming and shifting Necro Matter beneath his shell of human skin is revealed in gruesome fault lines.
" You think I will let you take what is mine? That I will kneel because you invoke some ancient laws and declare I am to be made a begging slave? "
The Emissary no longer hiding in dread speaks to the Destroyer of countless worlds with a clashing harmony of contempt and arrogance
". I have seen your Creation and even if you can not be taken it will die when the Agents of the Cosmos come to kill it. You can watch as your work of insanity is tortured into its proper place in the universe."
Bal does not reply as he rips something from his spine and smashes it into the ground in front of him. It is a bar of burning black and simmering red that pulls in the moonlight around it into the charcoal depths of the burning blade. A sheen like a waterfall of blood flows over the monstrous sword held in place only by the unrelenting jaws of the fanged hilt that holds the screaming blade in place.

It howls for the death of everything and even the pommel of this weapon is spiked and barbed to mangle the hand that dares wield it but Bal does not care for the pain, unbothered by it as it is simply made more fuel for the cauldron of fury that his is mind.
" Before you witness the Sword of Annihilation unleashed Emissary I want you to remember a basic fact of the Inheritors. It is our Blood that forms the flesh and bone of the Cosmos and my Blood is Murder. As you are unmade ask yourself what lies slumbering on a world seeded by my hands? "
The Emissary never made the connection as a blade that crashed through the space between it and it's prey severed his existence in half and the astral viscera spilled from this act was absorbed by the reaving Blade of Annihilation. But the Elder Beasts of the Inner Rings heard the scream of the Sword of the Oldest Father and the Forsaken in their prisons of Void smelted Iron feel the trembling in their Blood lost to Fire and Darkness that means one single glorious truth to both. War has come at last and the time for fury let loose is nigh.

But for those of the Outer Rings who fear the sleeping Blood and the terror it brings it is a warning that the hellish grandfather of Creation is coming and deeper still in the dreams of children they find themselves wandering through a temple of hollow halls guided by the Song singing in their Blood to find Priests who drown them in baptisms of gore and chant the same prayer
" By Fire and Darkness I awaken Murder "
The Child held under thrashs and howls as primal instincts surge through muscle and bone.
"By the Blood of the Iron Devil I sow Chaos"
The Child feels their flesh burn and their veins splinter as black spears of Necro Matter pierce through them and fuse with their tissues.
"By the Name of the Beast I plant the Seeds of Destruction"
The Child Childs beats against the hand holding them now with hands warped with bloodlust and words gargling from their throats snarling with focused malice. The Priests lifts up the newly reborn Child and holding them to their breast whisper their final words.
"When the Enemy comes you will hunt them without mercy, you will kill them with brutality and you will butcher them with joy. But for now sleep and return to your bed Marked by Bal and know though you will not remember this He has given his faith and love to you so you may protect that which is precious to you."
Softly does the Child fall asleep in the arms of the Priest and when they awake tomorrow the children who dreamt this Dream awake they will not recall the Temple not the baptism of the Priest the only thing they will feel is the Song resonating in their heart and they will think nothing of it.

Let's make something clear. Bla loves the Rings and his Daughter Elaine and all of her children. And he wants to help and protect Creation. That is not a good thing by most modern ethics or morals. Because Bal does things his way and it typically means there is going to be hell to pay. Also thoughts on the Omake:D
]

I have read some it looks very detailed and intricate. The thoughts of the Inheritor were rather amusing to me. 'Why is this place not evil and twisted like me?' Ah ha. If I can finish the full story I plan on making an omake about someone channeling Purification magic against an Inheritor or similar enemy. I read the entire thing. Very descriptive if kinda gory and creepy. My story is gonna be considerably more G-rated.

The woman stood before a being wrapped in a funeral shroud. It floated before her in the midst of the forest bordering her home city. She clenched her hands and glared at the ghostly, thin being before her. It snarled something in multi-toned voices and she could not understand. What she did know was that this being did not belong in her home and by the name of Elaine the Goddess of Purification she would end its existence.

She began to glow with an intense light. The light radiated outwards from her body until it overwhelmed the ghost's eyes and made it shriek hellishly. The woman cringed at the sound yet continued to channel such energies. It was painful and she felt something thick building in her blood.

The ghost floated towards her quickly with shrieks of, 'Your secrets shall be mine!'

The woman stood her ground. She may not be a priestess yet she had learned from one--Teressa was her name--and was prepared to battle the cosmic horrors that occasionally came through self-made tears in reality to break her world.

"The only secret you're going to learn is what it feels like to truly die." The lady, Mary, said with determination.

A burst of white hot light like fire sprang from her fingernails and created a spike of earth beneath the ghost. Jutting up the newly created stone spire attempted to impale the ghost and exorcise it. The ghost was impaled and struggled against its new prison as Mary began to weave more and more earthen spires around it turning it into a cage. When she was done she was so tired she almost felt like collapsing. She stumbled over to a nearby tree and leaned against it.

"What are you doing here? Don't lie or I'll create a huge rock and just crush you." She said threateningly.

"I came... to defile... to destroy... there is no hope for you or this world." The Inheritor known as the Inquisitive One responded.

"No. I won't let you. By the grace of Elaine I am going to send you back to the void of the cosmos. Why do you want to destroy us?" Mary asked.

"Because you are... representations of purity, creation... where the cosmos hungers only for darkness and chaos and destruction. Why do you fight it? We are too powerful for you to defeat." The Inquisitive One taunted.

Mary saw no more reason to chat with this creature. She wove a prison of rocks around it and sealed it there as best she could. Then she went inside. Sitting at a table with her afternoon tea already set out. She sipped the tea as she thought: Were more of those things going to come? Could she survive their attacks? Mary was so worried she had to set down her tea. Her hands shook and she resolved to go out later and try to send the Inquisitive One back to wherever spawned it.

Last edited:
I have read some it looks very detailed and intricate. The thoughts of the Inheritor were rather amusing to me. 'Why is this place not evil and twisted like me?' Ah ha. If I can finish the full story I plan on making an omake about someone channeling Purification magic against an Inheritor or similar enemy. I read the entire thing. Very descriptive if kinda gory and creepy. My story is gonna be considerably more G-rated.

The woman stood before a being wrapped in a funeral shroud. It floated before her in the midst of the forest bordering her home city. She clenched her hands and glared at the ghostly, thin being before her. It snarled something in multi-toned voices and she could not understand. What she did know was that this being did not belong in her home and by the name of Elaine the Goddess of Purification she would end its existence.

She began to glow with an intense light. The light radiated outwards from her body until it overwhelmed the ghost's eyes and made it shriek hellishly. The woman cringed at the sound yet continued to channel such energies. It was painful and she felt something thick building in her blood.

The ghost floated towards her quickly with shrieks of, 'Your secrets shall be mine!'

The woman stood her ground. She may not be a priestess yet she had learned from one--Teressa was her name--and was prepared to battle the cosmic horrors that occasionally came through self-made tears in reality to break her world.

"The only secret you're going to learn is what it feels like to truly die." The lady, Mary, said with determination.

A burst of white hot light like fire sprang from her fingernails and created a spike of earth beneath the ghost. Jutting up the newly created stone spire attempted to impale the ghost and exorcise it. The ghost was impaled and struggled against its new prison as Mary began to weave more and more earthen spires around it turning it into a cage. When she was done she was so tired she almost felt like collapsing. She stumbled over to a nearby tree and leaned against it.

"What are you doing here? Don't lie or I'll create a huge rock and just crush you." She said threateningly.

"I came... to defile... to destroy... there is no hope for you or this world." The Inheritor known as the Inquisitive One responded.

"No. I won't let you. By the grace of Elaine I am going to send you back to the void of the cosmos. Why do you want to destroy us?" Mary asked.

"Because you are... representations of purity, creation... where the cosmos hungers only for darkness and chaos and destruction. Why do you fight it? We are too powerful for you to defeat." The Inquisitive One taunted.

Mary saw no more reason to chat with this creature. She wove a prison of rocks around it and sealed it there as best she could. Then she went inside. Sitting at a table with her afternoon tea already set out. She sipped the tea as she thought: Were more of those things going to come? Could she survive their attacks? Mary was so worried she had to set down her tea. Her hands shook and she resolved to go out later and try to send the Inquisitive One back to wherever spawned it.
I would suggest checking this out because I post a lot of my thoughts on this here https://forums.spacebattles.com/thr...-dark-fantasy-lets-make.663256/#post-48995080. But I am interested in seeing what direction you guys chose to focus on this site vs SB and my man @Sarcobite cross post your crap over here. I think it will be well received and thank you for your praise. Though a note the Emissary was not a Inheritors mearly a servant. A Inheritor is something like Bal.

Before the death of the old universe, Dathger, great god of light, justice, and vengance, knew that the end times were coming. When Gu'lal, mad hydra god of entropy, infected the univeresal pillars supporting creation, they began to crumble.
When the universe crumbled like a collasping house, he created the indomitable flame. A fire that would not go out, succumb to no entrophy or evil, no death or destruction. All evil would fall, burned by its righteous fury and absolute will. " This flame shall be the catalyst of our retruibution." the ambomnations that will be born of this cataclysm will know that what is holy and good will always previal" he declared. As everthing died, Gu'lal became something far more terrible. Now the dead cosmos, his venomous fangs shall sink into all that is.....

And in his last act, Dathger saved his right hand man, Archangel Palaken Sakrturn, infusing him with the idominabtle flame.

Awakiening in the dead cosmos, Palaken felt despair and sorrow at the loss of everyone and everything he ever knew.
... But it was secondary to the pure disgust and rage he felt, at the blantant sin and evil that was the dead cosmos and its denezins.
There would be retruibution
Justice would be delivered.
His holy powers were the antithesis to the dead cosmos, the dark universe screamed in pain as he travled, purging demon and monster alike... The inherntoirs agents fell before the archangel, and whispers of a six winged figure weilding the wrath of the old universe spread throught the dead cosmos. He soon found himself allied with the wanderers, there causes aligned and soon the Shal'do was spawned. A faction of those who were free of taint
Of dead cosmos
The cosmic crusade has begun.. And all ambmnations and evil shall be smited.
DEUS VULT.
The Shal'do have legions of , infantry soilders in MK-4 magitech armor. They weild weapons like the 34 type pulse rifle, infused with holy bullets.
Fleets of starships, their hulls infused with holy wards that protect them from the dead cosmos space.
As well as arbiters, super soilders blessed with angelic gene seed, and a spark of the indomiatble flame

Among the hosts and legions of the Shal'Do, are the Lightray Dragons. These wyrms have. always listened to the song of the Indominatble Flame, a beacon of warmth and hope in the bleak cosmos, for they were spawned from it. The flames essence flows through them, blessing them with its power, and the might of the stars.
Powerful beings, Lightray dragons are a match for even Elder beasts, calling upon holy fire and solar heat to vaporize the wicked.
With scales like a stars surface, and eyes glowing like a supernova, Lightray dragons are a sign of hope to their allies... And dread for their foes.

Though a note the Emissary was not a Inheritors mearly a servant. A Inheritor is something like Bal.
Oh OK. So the Inheritors are like really powerful demigods or whatevs? That's the impression I got from Bal.

Oh OK. So the Inheritors are like really powerful demigods or whatevs? That's the impression I got from Bal.
These are some posts on the Inheritors and the rest of the setting.
Also a big part of this is to write various stories about the setting and build off of other people's Omakes. Rage of Creation like say the Star Wars EU has various era's spanning thousands of years worth of legends and stories. First comes the Collapse of the First Universe and the doom of the last resitence against Entropy. After that comes the dark reign of the Inheritors and the monstrous killing spree of Bal, After that Bal begins to dream of Beauty and begins his quest to discover the lost secrets of making which will lead to the creation of the Inner Rings and the birth of Elaine and her siblings the Elder Beasts. We then have Bal learning how to be a God to his people and overseeing thier growth,.

Next is the coming of man and thier efforts to survive the Inner Rings which culmilnates in the rise of Elaine to a Goddess of Pain and Sacrifice as well as Cultivation and World Shaping. We then have a long period of Mankind establishing themselves in the Outer Rings and the formation of the Temple of Astral Flesh founded on both the Blood of Elaine and Bal. Somewhere during this period the Shal'do form as well from the Wanderers. Next we get the faction of man discovering cybernetics and trying t o cure the Blood.

Our final era so far is Bal becoming a Shadow withing the Blood and with the massive power boost that gives the Inner Rings forming a full on empire while the Cyber faction rises up in power as well to cleanse the universe of all Magic and or things of the Cosmos. The Rings are no longer directly protected by Bal but suspiciously a child is born with mastery over the Blood that is beyond even those now guided and empowred by the Shadow of the Iron Devil. But if this boy is the reincarnation of the Lord of Fire and Darkness he is born to the cybernetic faction and denies his Blood even though visions and dreams bombard him.
The other Inheritors are enforcing the Laws of Entropy which means there is no purpose or meaning allowed in the Dead Cosmos. They are mighty because as said thier Necro Matter flesh is the substance of the Void but none are as great in raw combat force then Bal. On the other hand they have many ways of corrupting and breaking the wills of everything. Bal just obliterates instead down to the very soul. Each of the Inheritors has also broken the Law like Bal in his own way.

The Mystic Sovereign gave Bal and the others gifts like the Sword of Annhilhilation because he cares for them and the other Inheritors have thier own secret crimes of mercy and compassion. But they hide it while Bal being the diplomatic fellow he is dares them to come near his Creation and see what happens.

Also nice Magic suggestions and did you read the Omake? What you think?

Expanding on this Bal is death. He is every violent act of destruction and brutal end. The Inheritors can be compared to a panthon of Marvel Enternties. Thier Blood is the raw material of reality in the Dead Cosmos and through it with the whole Void as thier body they enforce the Laws of Entropy. Each Inheritor is a Organ of a vast system of Necro Matter. Given a appointed task and unlimited power to do this task.

Though personal style and thematics differs between the Inheritors and Bal's role in the Dead Cosmos? Hunt down and kill everything else. HIs entire purpose was to be a unstoppable predator that could butcher anyone in the Cosmos no matter how high they were except for the other Inheritors and it was not for lack of trying.

He was not a God to be appeased with sacrifice but a living apocalypse that would destroy by any means be it blade, claw, posion, disease, fire or darkness no matter what he scourged the universe of life. But then he made the Rings and things have changed. While he still sees everything else in the Void as prey and meat to destroy he has done something interesting. The Inheritors offer limited use of thier Blood but Bal gives free access to the malstrom that is his Blood.

He has bonded with his Creation in a way no other Inheritor would. He has become a Shadow, a presence stiring in the Blood of his children that exalts them and listens to thier prayers, a wise power versed in the ways of Ruin and Murder that speaks of hidden secrets of visceral battle. A Sage of Death and Chaos who instructs those who ask for his teaching and more. Bal is changing into something Older in nature, a Wizard you might say able to walk withing the very Blood of his Children and be ever at thier side. This transformation is a slow one and by the end he will be only able to affect the world through visions and portents he delivers to the Children that embrace his Blood of Cosmic rage.

It is true no longer will the Storm Reaver be able to directly fight those who threaten the Rings except through powerful rites and rituals calling him forth to manfest a Avatar. But the Iron Devil will be fully submerged in the Blood of Creation and all of his Children will be able to tap into the black Flame of his power. A immortal patriarch that will infuse them with all the power and skill they need. A God will die but his echos will resonate and build into a far greater legacy able to posses his Children at will if they have need.

Sorry for not answering it earlier. I was busy reading a webcomic...

In any cause, there are two reasons why Bal is so protective of his creation: Artistic Value and Parental Love!

more specifically, before the creation of the current universe, the dead cosmos from of degeneration and chaotic violence were all that used to existed, ad BAl happened to be one of the most powerful ihneritors that was deeply tied to his nature as a fiery form of destruction.

However, over the eons, Bal grew bored and he aspired for something more out of the decayed, entropic universe he lived on. He then did he best to imagine how to create beauty out of the decayed existence, had many childrens, and with Eleine's help, he succesfully created a universe that doesn't follow the entropic laws of the decayded universe.

And for all his troubles in creating his universe, Bal isn't willing to let other cosmic beings to destroy it just because they don't like it.

Also, since all the matter in the universe comes from his own necro-matter flesh and blood (Which were than purified by Eleine so his creation wouldnt be as destructive and vicious as Bal himself.), Bal consider all of the living beings that born inside his universe to be his children, and he isn't going to let any demon to harm his "family".

While not Agony exactly the Dead Cosmos revolves around themes of gore and viscera. Of celestial flesh and Cosmic Blood. Think of how Necro Matter is described and the relation of the Void to the Inheritors is described. It's all very bloody and pulsating with a demonic life. The Void breathes snd it howls with hunger and animal desire. Compare the Shal'do.

They use Magi tech and a holy power but it is all very mechanical and sterile. Even the Rings reflect this be it the wild and brutal Eden of Bal or the more peaceful Outer Rings of Elaine. The very land and sky is the Flesh of Father and Daughter. It shifts and ripples with vital movement and fluid primal motion.

The main spiritual practice of the Rings is the Temple of Astral Flesh. A form of mysticism revolving around the vital forces of the body and how they relate to the energies of the Gods. The primordal connection between the flesh of man and the powers of the Cosmos.

The body is a temple that acts as a conduit through which the Blood of Divinity may be channeled. Be it the brutal and ruthless instincts of Bal or the Cultivation and Shaping of Elaine who creates and morphs the bone and tissue of the Rings. Like a cross between a druid snd necromancer.

Even the human faction that seeks to 'cure' the Blood use Cybernetic technology and so stay withing that theme of primal gore so woven into the Cosmos.

As for Bal being light-hearted..... LoboGuara5bruxaria you mind explaining why he is so nice and loving to the Rings and all of his creation?

Now let us speak of the Iron Sorcerers. Those who dare awaken the Blood of Murder and unleash the forces of Fire snd Darkness. As mentioned the Necro Matter of Bal in particular is quite destructive and activly violent so the Order has a Interesting command structure.

The power of a Adapt in the occult arts of the Cosmos determines where they can be deployed. The ones who only have scratched the depths of the power that can be called from the Blood of Bal patrol the Outer Rings and are free to hunt and kill the enemies of the Rings as they please. But as a Adept grows more skilled at channeling the Blood through thier astral flesh thier power dramatically rises and so to does thier capacity for mass destruction grow.

It is the reality crushing might of a God they wield and the stronger they became the harder it is to hold that nuclear power back. Once a Adept has fully destroyed thier mortal form and reached the point where there very voice could pulp and flay those around them they leave for the Inner Rings to train with the Elder Beasts who can survive thier arcane rage and the strongest will learn the darkest secrets of Calamity and Ruin from Bal himself.

Those who enter the Inner Rings join Bal in his war against the Void slaughtering all other life not of his Blood. Though in dire circumstances they are allowed to return to the Outer Rings to fight against threats that endanger them more then thier fury does.

The main Cult of Bal preachs love and compassion for all of his Blood and absolute death for the rest of the Cosmos. Though with humans ascending to the higher ranks of the Order by making the pilgrimage to the Inner Rings they have begun to advocate for a softer stance that Bal and his Elder Children accept. Instead of just destroying everything not of Bal's Blood they instead if they beg for sanctuary are allowed the option of having thier Blood ripped from them and replaced with that of Elaine or Bal.

Blood not blood Is the vital essence of the Inheritors and acts as a conduit through which one may influence Necro Matter and in turn be effected by it. So they are basically severing the connection to the other Gods of Entropy to bind these refugees to the Necro Matter Flesh of Bal. Often many do not survive the process but for s chance to escape the madness of the Dead Cosmos for those that wish to escape its systematic evil? It is worth it.

Occasionally those who die during the transformation. Rise as nearly mindless feral abominations. They must be destroyed utterly. As thier mere presence begins to break down reality around them. If allowed to survive there presence will eventually unravel reality itself. Unfortunately they are very difficult to kill. As they can and do regenerate from the smallest cell. Therefore it is paramount that such creatures be cleansed with fire. These abominations have no true name. They are believed to be a backlash from the spurn gods of entropy. No one truly knows though.

Luckly as the Scions of the Lord of Fire and Darkness they are quite capable of doing so. The children of the Storm Reaver are seen as a legion of dread that spreads death and destruction in a merciless tide of wrath by the rest of the Dead Cosmos. They do not know mercy and will hunt down any surviors that dare hold faith with the other Inheritors be it from fear or twisted worship. Battles between them and the wandering Shal'do are common with Bal personally engaging in combat with the Arch Angel of the Indomitatable Flame.

Between the two of them they have done thier best to obliterate as much of the Void as possible. But the Inheritors plot and scheme to corrupt both sources of resitence.

Now as for the Rings as the Omake would indicate they have gone through quite a bit of progress and currently the rising power is a group that sees the Blood as a disease to be cured. They have denied the power of the Blood by removing every bit of Necro Matter and instead have transformed themselves into fully cybernetic orgsnisms.

Armed with a endless array of intergrated nano weapons and mechas they fight the Cosmos with the power of the Machine. They allow the Blood of Elaine because there healing powers and ability to fight the Corruption of the Cosmos is invaluable as well as Elaine and her disciples having a reputation as respected savior's of the Outer Rings.

As for the Inner Rings they look to these children of Man and ask how can they not see that there is no limit to the power of thier Machines. As long as they have the energy they can make whatever they want and where could the physics bending energy come from? The Blood is ever adapting to serve the Flesh of Bal even to transmute itself into something that battles the Lord of Fire and Darkness.

Wow, incredibly interwoven, fascinatingly alien, enthralling descriptive, epic in scope and detail, while also being brutal, primeval and visceral, kudos! This is for both the world building and the snippets.

So, just to check, did Bal have other siblings, what are they up to?

Also I imagine in this case magic given its ancestory can maybe be broken down into a few things.

1. Mental magic, mostly about inspiring emotions such as violence, hatred, mania in others or one's self.
2. Blood magic given the emphasis on it, this can be used to fuel spells, control bodies, it can be corrupted, made corrosive, explosive, its sort of an underlying chemical/magical material, woven into almost everything.
3. physical magic, this is basically enhancement, muscles swell, skin tears and split, new bones grow, bursting forth in a spray of blood as one calls on their hateful lineage to become an engine of destruction.
4. Breaking, to break, to destroy, to shatter and split is the hardest magic on more advanced levels, but in essence it is introducing chaos and violent intent into something that will cause the subject to destroy itself. So so to a limb and it twists in on itself before violently exploding and imploding. Do it to an atom and the surrounding area explodes. This can also be used to break down barriers between realms, which can allow people and entities to pass between circles, but to do so is to invite destruction or be its herald.

So I'm thinking The Inquisitive One was an actual Inheritor. Its domains would be secrets and betrayal. It could also just be a servant if creating new Inheritors are not allowed. I've read everything so far this setting is kinda cool.

Mary came back out to see her rock prison and found that the Inquistive One was still within it. She walked up carefully to its edges and peered inside. Rather than being discomforted by its new surroundings it merely brooded in silence.

"What do you know about the Outer Rings?" Mary questioned.

"We know that they... offend us... they are only fit to be destroyed as the folly of peace that they are." The Inquisitive One spoke with multi-layered voices.

Mary didn't like that answer and became very annoyed by the creature's insistence on just wrecking everything it came across. She did not let her emotions show on her face or in her body language however.

"You do know this place was created through the joint efforts of Elaine and another of your kind, right? One who spurned his 'purpose' in favor of making new life or so the legends say. And Elaine the Goddess of World Shaping has no place for people or creatures that only want to destroy." Mary threatened.

The Inquisitive One laughed a shrieking laugh and then became dead serious.

"We... do not care why or how this world came to be. We... only care about making it empty and lifeless like all of the cosmos should be." It said with nihilistic glee.

Mary was getting tired of questioning the creature and decided to try to exorcise it. She gave a verbal warning and then performed graceful dance-like movements. A bright orange light cascaded around the cocoon of earth surrounding the Inheritor. It slowly faded into a serene clear color as the beast's life essence was attempted to be reshaped into a being of creation, goodness and honesty. Rejecting such ideals The Inquisitive One was instead temporarily banished from the Outer Rings.

Mary knew she needed allies in this battle against these creatures. She felt so tired from her spells she wasn't sure she could make the trip tho. On wobbling legs she began to walk into the city to seek the temple where her friend and teacher Teressa worked to help the homeless. Like she was when they first met.

She found Teressa outside the temple giving out food. The people there seemed wary of Mary and gave her a wide space.

"Teressa I was just attacked. I don't know its name and didn't think to ask yet... I believe the Outer Rings are in trouble." Mary said gravely shaking her head.

"Oh no. Do you need assistance? I'm afraid I cannot leave here because of my duties yet I'm sure... Farah would be willing to help you." Teressa said.

She called for Farah. The woman--tho she looked more like a girl--had skin darker than Mary's and was dressed in a colorful religious dress. Farah greeted Mary with a curtsy.

"What do you need?" Farah asked.

"Well, this may sound crazy, yet I've got a bit of a ghost problem...." Mary responded with a giggle.

Last edited:
Teliavas the Time Wolf. Hero. God. A majestic giant canine with a white pelt, and time was his domain.
Before the death of the universe, Teliavas was a benolvalant diety who helped fight aganist the forces of evil.
However, the nerco cosmos warped and twisted time, and so Teliavas was corrupted and reborn as Unogon, the Un-time. A dark Inhertior who spread temporal chaos. Time loops, paradoxs, he played a song of discord in the dead cosmos.
And yet.. Deep down lies regret.. Despair.
Shame.

So I'm thinking The Inquisitive One was an actual Inheritor. Its domains would be secrets and betrayal. It could also just be a servant if creating new Inheritors are not allowed. I've read everything so far this setting is kinda cool.

Mary came back out to see her rock prison and found that the Inquistive One was still within it. She walked up carefully to its edges and peered inside. Rather than being discomforted by its new surroundings it merely brooded in silence.

"What do you know about the Outer Rings?" Mary questioned.

"We know that they... offend us... they are only fit to be destroyed as the folly of peace that they are." The Inquisitive One spoke with multi-layered voices.

Mary didn't like that answer and became very annoyed by the creature's insistence on just wrecking everything it came across. She did not let her emotions show on her face or in her body language however.

"You do know this place was created through the joint efforts of Elaine and another of your kind, right? One who spurned his 'purpose' in favor of making new life or so the legends say. And Elaine the Goddess of World Shaping has no place for people or creatures that only want to destroy." Mary threatened.

The Inquisitive One laughed a shrieking laugh and then became dead serious.

"We... do not care why or how this world came to be. We... only care about making it empty and lifeless like all of the cosmos should be." It said with nihilistic glee.

Mary was getting tired of questioning the creature and decided to try to exorcise it. She gave a verbal warning and then performed graceful dance-like movements. A bright orange light cascaded around the cocoon of earth surrounding the Inheritor. It slowly faded into a serene clear color as the beast's life essence was attempted to be reshaped into a being of creation, goodness and honesty. Rejecting such ideals The Inquisitive One was instead temporarily banished from the Outer Rings.

Mary knew she needed allies in this battle against these creatures. She felt so tired from her spells she wasn't sure she could make the trip tho. On wobbling legs she began to walk into the city to seek the temple where her friend and teacher Teressa worked to help the homeless. Like she was when they first met.

She found Teressa outside the temple giving out food. The people there seemed wary of Mary and gave her a wide space.

"Teressa I was just attacked. I don't know its name and didn't think to ask yet... I believe the Outer Rings are in trouble." Mary said gravely shaking her head.

"Oh no. Do you need assistance? I'm afraid I cannot leave here because of my duties yet I'm sure... Farah would be willing to help you." Teressa said.

She called for Farah. The woman--tho she looked more like a girl--had skin darker than Mary's and was dressed in a colorful religious dress. Farah greeted Mary with a curtsy.

"What do you need?" Farah asked.

"Well, this may sound crazy, yet I've got a bit of a ghost problem...." Mary responded with a giggle.
More Inheritors are great and very much needed because other then Bal and just the names of the Mystic Sovereign and Chained Levitation I got nothing:cautious:o_O but to understand the full scope of thier power is thier Blood and Necro Matter flesh is the reality of the Dead Cosmos. I would make it a servant because Inheritors and other on thier level label entire Galaxy's and more as battlegrounds.
As for how Magic should be described think a warped and twisted version of the Force fused with manipulation of dark magic Mass Effect Ezzo. Beyond that I am liking what you are doing with this character and story. It's very good with the interaction, humor and way of describing the Purification of Elaine:);):giggle:

Teliavas the Time Wolf. Hero. God. A majestic giant canine with a white pelt, and time was his domain.
Before the death of the universe, Teliavas was a benolvalant diety who helped fight aganist the forces of evil.
However, the nerco cosmos warped and twisted time, and so Teliavas was corrupted and reborn as Unogon, the Un-time. A dark Inhertior who spread temporal chaos. Time loops, paradoxs, he played a song of discord in the dead cosmos.
And yet.. Deep down lies regret.. Despair.
Shame.
I like it. Ungon can be one of the more bitter and spiteful Inheritors.

Last edited:
I would make it a servant because Inheritors and other on thier level label entire Galaxy's and more as battlegrounds.
As for how Magic should be described think a warped and twisted version of the Force fused with manipulation of dark magic Mass Effect Ezzo. Beyond that I am liking what you are doing with this character and story. It's very good with the interaction, humor and way of describing the Purification of Elaine:);):giggle:
Any suggestions on which being it serves? And thank you. :) I plan on writing more omake stories in the future.

Unogon's mere presence warped time around him. Time ripped, teared and the temporal continuity took wounds upon wounds. The black furred hellhound had deep red eyes and and huge maw with oversized teeth that seemed to rip into the very space around them.
He looked upon the rings, the heresy he would soon destory.
The Un-time inhertior howled and charged...
So what happens next?

The oracles sensed Unogon's coming too late. They informed the residents of the land where they lived and a panic spread throughout those forested lands and surrounding territories. Unogon was said to destroy the very fabric of time and without an intact time stream nothing would function properly in the world.

So they called their defender: Serena. She was trained in purification magic and could peer into the very biology of her enemies and unravel it. She could as well psychically tear enemies apart physically. Her first test was to do this to someone that had murdered a resident of the forest queendom.

Serena always does what the oracles and the Queen tell her to do. Otherwise is heresy to Elaine. The Queen Latesha was actually very kind and caring so she never ordered Serena to take on more than she could handle.

In this case Serena had been undergoing intense physical and spiritual training to deal with the coming of Unogon. She believed that she could purify Unogon and erase his powers by making a void as hot as the sun and throwing him in. She called her five sisters: Nerissa, Amber, Suki, Keisha and Kayla. They were each skilled in a different aspect of Purification magics. They would stand against the Un-Time Inheritor and defeat him forever.

Any suggestions on which being it serves? And thank you. :) I plan on writing more omake stories in the future.
This Inqusitive One of yours?
Unogon's mere presence warped time around him. Time ripped, teared and the temporal continuity took wounds upon wounds. The black furred hellhound had deep red eyes and and huge maw with oversized teeth that seemed to rip into the very space around them.
He looked upon the rings, the heresy he would soon destory.
The Un-time inhertior howled and charged...
So what happens next?
And was promptly torn apart by Bal the Killer of All. But wounded and near death he escaped through time to a point where the Inner Rings where first created and a Goddess to be named Elaine would nurse him back to health and when she left to form the Outer Rings stayed as her companion though still crippled by Bal.

And was promptly torn apart by Bal the Killer of All. But wounded and near death he escaped through time to a point where the Inner Rings where first created and a Goddess to be named Elaine would nurse him back to health and when she left to form the Outer Rings stayed as her companion though still crippled by
The battle was fierce, Destruction and Time clashed and galaxies were annihilated.
But, Bal previailed, deilvering a mighy blow with his sword of annihlation that bisected the Temporal beast. Unogon had prepared for such a outcome, esacping to the past before the Iron devil could deilver the final blow.
An Elder beast approached him.
" I am Unogon the Un-time insect, leave or die" his words were threating, but delivered in a weak, exhausted tone.
The creature however, had compassion in its eyes, something he had never seen since... The end. This
Reminded him of who he once was.
A hero. Telivias. Images flashed in his mind, of freindship and camaraderie, of peace and prospierty.
And yet, even in the dead cosmos, a spark of good remained. And he had tried to destory it.
Unogon the Un-time began to cry.

The battle was fierce, Destruction and Time clashed and galaxies were annihilated.
But, Bal previailed, deilvering a mighy blow with his sword of annihlation that bisected the Temporal beast. Unogon had prepared for such a outcome, esacping to the past before the Iron devil could deilver the final blow.
An Elder beast approached him.
" I am Unogon the Un-time insect, leave or die" his words were threating, but delivered in a weak, exhausted tone.
The creature however, had compassion in its eyes, something he had never seen since... The end. This
Reminded him of who he once was.
A hero. Telivias. Images flashed in his mind, of freindship and camaraderie, of peace and prospierty.
And yet, even in the dead cosmos, a spark of good remained. And he had tried to destory it.
Unogon the Un-time began to cry.
Now he needs to hide from Bal and he should be good. Now what should the Elder Beasts look like?

Yes. Since it's just a servant it needs a master or mistress. Of course I could just say it's a freelance agent.

First power ideas
Adepts of the Blood have purely physical power. They are able to transform into monstrous shape and are bloody whirlwinds of carnage. Given Divine killing instincts and combat prowess. Both incredibly durable and able to reginerate at a rapid rate with the sublime agility and brutal strength of a demon. They battle unarmed or with melee weapons to drive into the center of conflict. They are able to expel thd blood from thier wounds as a powerful toxic and burning weapon. Thier Blood can be made to rip something apart, enter bodies to lacerate them with micro thorns or make even the individual droplets explode among other ways of weaponizing it. Thier fangs slaver with the Blood and they can infuse it into thier prey with a bite or piercing them with thier barbed tongue.
It is the Masters who begin to bring out the holy fuck mass destruction Cosmic powers. Before that they can only manipulate the physical Blood in them.

Holy starlight and with the Blood of Bal all the powers are based on destruction and wrath. Typically themed around fire, darkness, storms and of course Blood and primal viscera. Be it scourging the insides of foes with a crimson and black blight or calling down a hammer of apocalyptic shadows to crush their atoms. At that point they can unleash Ruin and Murder as raw power.

Surging with such murderous violence they can use it to kill even the very stone beneath their feet. A Adept is a deadly hunter but a true fully Awakened Master? They are the Fury of the Cosmos wrought in blackened flesh.

Been thinking of what powers the Blood of Bal give and at the weakest enhanced instincts, pretnatural fighting skill, healing, super human physicals and the ability to hurt things that should not be hurt by ordinary weapons. At greater heights of Awakening command over fire and darkness, lighting and storms though what the tempest is made of from acid to poison is open to creative thought. The power to fully transform into a Demon of the Cosmos, the ability to focus the brutality of your Blood as to tear someone apart from the inside out and break the bonds of tissue. Slaughtering thier very cells as they are viciously deconstructed. And other such direct powers of destruction and chaos.

Blood of Bal might be a vital thing for rituals. Stronger the Blood of Bal is in something, more significant it is. I wager a few easy powers for it might be tied to that aspect of creation/destruction of his.

They would be also capble to shot bullet or Projectiles made out of blood flesh or Bone.

Or make bombs out they own Gore.

And Blades made out their own body parts.

(My litel contribution)

Sorry is this souns Over power.
-------------------------------------
One question Angels can make lances out of Stars or is just light?.

Next is a bit on Bal and how to turn this into s fully awesome setting
It would be so easy if he was a manipulate or abusive monster so Elaine could hate him but when it comes to his Blood he is honest in his adoration and devotion.

Which is why reincarnated Bal would be so interesting because he would not be unable to care for others because of his nature. Of course some basic facts of his being would stay the same like Bal is really good at killing and takes great happines from it. But progress. Also I still have to get to the conversation in the church between them.

Guys is it me or with the whole Blood stuff Bal is kinda a Cosmic Murder vampire God/demon werewolf who is still a vampire God of destruction without being directly called a vampire
wtf.gif

Kinda funny
tongue.gif

Well, the main explination of why Bal would went from a demonic god of destruction to the demonic protector of mortal existence is because that was a casual proccess that was a result of boredom and parental care.

More specifically, While Bal has always been a being dedicated to destruction, over the eons he grew bored of only destroying stuff and longged for something else, which gradually manifested as a desireto create "beauty" out of entropy, which he eventually did with the help of his daughter. Also, since the mortal universe was created from his own essence, Bal considers all living things inside his creations to be his children, so he will do his dammed to protect their universe and allow them to live.

But that doesn't mean Bal is any less vicious he was before creating the new universe, much like a wild animal isn't any less vicous just because said animal is affectioned towards their own cubs.

Also what are the key concepts of our setting and what are they about? From there we can work on worldbuilding for the Rings.

convMessage: 7555477 said:
That's still not a good reason to have him go from one thing to another.

Bal stoll went from Vicious .onster to protector. Boredom does not do that to someone.

Shouldn't you work on these since it's your setting.

I don't think boredom would do that. You can have him go from a monster to a parental figure, but it would have to take place over a long time. Why does he care so much about his children?

So the most basic concept of our setting is Blood. For the Rings we have two types of Blood Black for Bal and White for Elaine. Now how Blood is interwoven into the very reality of the Rings and is steeped in every part of it. So how can we use that for creative creative worldbuilding? For example it's importance to the health of things on the Rings?

That is our core concept. The Rings and the rest of the Dead Cosmos is built on the Blood and Flesh of the Inheritors and in the case of the Rings Elaine. So we work our way from there.

convMessage: 7559539 said:
What if red blood was created from the idea that humanity is stained by the brutality Bal had left behind mixed with the purity Elaine's white blood carried? Which is why humanity has red blood?

Now what are your thoughts on Bal? He's definitely not the best character and needs work but the base concept for him was the idea of the origin of the world being this terrible monstrous deity. A demonic and beastly God that was the stuff of nightmares. Like the Heart of Darkness from Darkest Dungeon. But while I wanted Bal not to be good or some misunderstood tragedy.

I also sought to not have him be a uncaring God or use and manipulate his creations. Not torment them or see them as simple vermin. I wanted this apocalyptic being of Fire and Darkness that has slaughtered his way through the Dead Cosmos, be a loving and caring God.

I wanted him to feel for and act to protect and cultivate his creation in his way. It would be easy to have the origin of Mankind be some kind of evil God caring about only their wants. But what isn't is when this Iron Devil, this Void borne power of brutality and rage listens to your prayers and does its honest best to help and aid you?

How do you confront such a horrible origin that worse of all is doing everything it can for you and your world? No tricks or lies only honest affection from a God that embodies destruction and ruin, chaos and murder. How do you internalize this is where we all come from and these are the things dreadful and awful as they may be it does for us?

ConvMessage: 7559878 said:
Correction, it is unknown what created the Darkest Dungeon universe, but implied to be either the Heart of Darkness OR The Holy Light.

Considering which of the two prevailed in the end...

Point is its easy to hate and resent the bloody God of celestial violence and cosmic rage if they are just a dickish overlord but when the very much atrocity causing God genuinely is looking out for you and will take action on behalf of his Creation it's a more muddled thing.
Also thank you for the Darkest Dungeon lore update
clear.png

Been reading this thread Cosmic Horror and Concepts of Religion - Discussion - Idea which you would very much like JustSomeDude and have been thinking more on the character of Bal. On the one hand I want some seemingly human traits to allow some form of interaction between him and the rest of the Rings as well as something to sympathize with on a human level.

On the other hand at his core Bal is a creature of nature. He protects and nurtures the world and his children and grandchildren because they are of his Flesh.

It's just something that is while on the other hand he is a force of raw destruction that howls murder at the rest of the Cosmos because that is what he is. There is a semblance of humanity but underneath it all he is but a Beast that acts as his instincts tell him to. A primal monster unleashed that cares not for good or evil.

As for Bal, that might sound fine and dandy, buuut you still have tk expand on how he got his nurturing side.

I await that text.

convMessage: 7561027 said:
I mean, it's not that hard... there just needs to be a bit of an event that changes Bal into what he is. That nurturing side needs to be called out somehow.

But you wrote yourself into a corner, because you made the guy ENJOY death and destruction. By nature that is the sign of a psychopath, and in fiction a sign of evil and villainy. So, you made it harder for yourself to justify Bal becoming a good person.

Bare with me here but there is no need? It's as simple as being part of his Blood? There Is no big reason. He cares because think of a wild animal. Why do they protect thier young? Bal cares for the Rings because they are his scions. Its a matter of instinct. That caring activly involves teaching and transforming the people of the Rings with his Black Blood to hunt the rest of the Cosmos..

But I'm not trying to write a person. And I have not tried to make him good. In fact a massive part of the foundation of this setting is Bal is a Monster but one whos connection to the Blood it used to make the Rings has it act in it's interests.
Don't get me wrong I want him to be a fully formed character but person he is not.

A human reference to a cosmic force of Fire and Darkness that is living savage hatred animated by violent arcane energies seems kinda silly? I mean there are numerous issues potraying that right to be sure but hairless monkey thought process isn't one of them. I think I have shown him too human while not being properly sympathtic which the latter has nothing to do with good or bad.

convMessage: 7561582 said:
Yes, but get this, that humanity needs to develop. Bal is Sapient. His Humanity will come shining through, because he is SAPIENT. He can speak and has displayed human emotion. You can't say he's an animal. He's shown care and compassion, hatred and anger, sorrow and protectiveness.

He's sapient and has human emotion. You can't portray him as protective in the animalistic sense. Fucking hell, SLAY is more feral and animalistic than Bal!

Animal might have been the wrong word. More a cosmic force of destruction and chaos. Or to put it another way a high minded concept being talked about by a shitty writer aka me.

Well, you don't HAVE to put it that way. You could just try and retcon the entire "Cosmic Force" thing for something easier. See, lots of plot holes are opened up once you use force of nature characters unless you keep them simple (IE, Jason Voorhees, Michael Myers)

I think for Bal the role of the corruptor. Seeking to transform humanity through the Black Blood. In this setting prayer unless done by one holding in them cultivated White Blood is forbidden. Because Red Blood speaks and the Iron Devil is always listening. If you ask for a greater power to aid you he will offer you his Blood and with it the sweet Song held in it's burning depths.

Followed by a Omake I did not finish
It was a church devoted to the contemplation and study of divine blood that was the meeting place of father and daughter. Elaine had felt the presence of her Father as a red hot scalding heat surging through her veins. Even as a little girl hunting with her brothers and sisters for the prey her father had created for them to feed on he had never been for stealth or moving with soft silence in his steps.

Where she would crouch and wait for the creatures to position themselves for a perfect clean kill, her father taking the form of some juggernaut of hard bone and rippling flesh would tear whatever she was hunting to bits and then taking some meat in his jaws and hands would present it to her as a gift. He would be splattered with gore and whatever he attacked would be a squishy pulp sticking to his monstrous clawed fists that hung like gravity boulders from his titanic arms.
To many the sight of such wanton carnage would have terrified them but to Elaine? It was a superbly funny sight as her Father crushed her prey to the very rocks when he could have done as she planned and just slit it's throat.

Many of the Temple of Astral Flesh both of her White Blood and her Father's Black Blood would be surprised to learn that she had been savage and vicious in her youth, hunting alongside the other Beasts who were her brothers and sisters instead of being some enlightened saint from the moment of her creation. She was kinder then them and was far more empathic of the pain of other creatures for sure but that did not mean her body did not boil with the bloodlust she shared with her siblings or maker.

Just that she was better at soothing it and learning to find her own way of acting in the world her Father had made. A way supported by her Father's strange love of art and beauty, her siblings could fight and slaughter all they wanted and her Father would give them all the proper praise they needed but only she was interested in the collection he had made on his warpath through the Dead Cosmos.

Her Father had gathered every single piece of art that was made in the Void. From poetry to lovingly crafted sculptures he had recreated every example of beauty he had found and destroyed. Some of the pieces had taken her Father entire cycles of the Dead Cosmos broken time to replicate to a standard he deemed acceptable. It had been strange when she was young to hear her Father speak of the techniques needed to paint a true masterpiece and the exotic colors he had to discover to paint it in the same breath he described burning the world the original had been on to a barren wasteland. It had been strange but not terrifying as most would think of hearing thier parent speak of ruining entire civilizations even as they taught thier child how to draw and write.

Elaine had known the true nature of her Father since she was born from his Blood. Arising from seething fire and thundering darkness to feel the embrace of his love as a black inferno that had ruthlessly consumed everything in sight envelope her with boundless love. She had witnessed as her sight him as a great Dragon of Wrath bellowing destruction and seen in his gaze the death of everything he looked on. Except for her.

For her she could feel through the Blood that bound them as Father and Daughter a raging force not blackneed by hate or burnt by rage rising inside him. A outpouring of affection that gushed from him to fill her as if he had torn open his own heart and eagerly poured all of his bleeding love into her veins. She felt a delicious agony fill him and threaten to tear him apart from the burning pressure of this new feeling crashing through him. For a moment it looked like he was trapped in a storm of fury greater than any rage or wrath he had ever felt.

But then she reached out for him with her newly made hands and his focus returned as he grabbed her and held her close to his heart and she heard in the drumbeats that had been the thunder that had shattered worlds a song only for. A enchanting melody hidden in the roaring chorus of howls and screaming madness that frothed and churned in his Blood. A song of sweet notes and honeyed lyrics that only she could listen to.

That moment when her Father had first felt a connection to something made from his Flesh was something only Elaine and he shared. Her siblings would be cherished as well but she was his first true creation and that tied them together in a unique bond that could not be replicated. Even as she had left for the Outer Rings with the first humans, she had felt the sadness of her father like a brewing thundercloud hang over her for the entire journey and when he first tried to visit his blistering anger at being unable to even touch the air of the Outer Rings without sundering it to the core. For the first thousand or so years she would feel the uncontrollable wrath burning in his Blood at being unable to see her and the wonder of the Outer Rings. But in time while fury still surged through him like a hurricane he focused it on finding ways to visit her without crushing the Outer Rings with the raw force of destruction he exuded. His frustration had been a sea of cataclysmic flame breaking itself against the immovable shores of the obstacle he sought to push through.

But her Father brutal and vicious as he could be did not understand the concept of something that could not be broken by his will and so with his rage ever mounting into a towering colossus he had kept attacking the issue, never stopping in his attempts to reach his Daughter and his lost grandchildren.

It had been about 20 thousand or more years after she had first left with the Humans when he had learned how to speak through the Black Blood sleeping in the cells of mankind, and that would be the beginning of her conflict with the methods and ideology of the Iron Sorcerers. War had broken out between the various regional powers and nations of the Outer Rings incited further by Agents and cultists of Entropy that had burrowed in deep to latch on to the vital beat of political power.

Orcs. The Children born of Bal's dripping rage.
Huge" strong. Resillsent. Barbarians.
They raid, they fight, they kill, for it is in their blood.
A ork WAAAAAGHHH! Is a scary sight for all their foes.
One no bad warhamner copy cat no bloody WAAAAAGHHH for you and the Orcs are the scions of the liniage of man that embraced the Black Blood instead of leaving for the Outer Rings. They are well practiced in channeling the power of the Blood through Signs and Runes used in ritual craft that they use in all aspects of life. Also a better name then just Orcs would be nice.

One no bad warhamner copy cat no bloody WAAAAAGHHH for you and the Orcs are the scions of the liniage of man that embraced the Black Blood instead of leaving for the Outer Rings. They are well practiced in channeling the power of the Blood through Signs and Runes used in ritual craft that they use in all aspects of life. Also a better name then just Orcs would be nice.
B-b-but Mah 40k orcs!
Maybe we can call them... Orks?
Or purebloods?

I don't have better names yet I can offer a story about orcs?

Mairekha prepared the runes around the bonfire to keep it going as long as they wished. She wrote them carefully with a brush doused in a mixture of pigments derived from local plants. The bonfire roared happily and ate the endless fuel the runes provided.

Mairekha was tall: About seven feet. And she was muscular for a girl her age. She could lift heavy objects and move them easily, fight with the best of them and drink heavily with little ill effects aside from being a little more lovey. She kept her long purplish hair in a braid that reaches almost to the ground. Her skin was rich forest green and she had tusks which she pierced several times.

"Mai, are you coming to join us?" A male orc asks her loudly from across the way.

There were several orcs sitting around the bonfire. They were discussing how they had chosen to continue studying Bal's Blood, for it brought them great strength and fortitude. They had woven magic into their everyday lives and considered it the act of a true fighter to use magic.

Mai went to go sit down, crossing her legs, and staying with the others.

"I'm nervous about this fight. Do we really have to fight our brothers and sisters, the humans, Children of Man just like us?" Mai asks nervously.

"No, we don't have to fight anyone. Yet they believe we are savages. That our connection to Bal makes us angry and dangerous." The male orc to her right, with one missing eye covered by a leather patch, responds.

Mai places her hands on her hips.

"Why would some misaimed prejudice from humans drive us so close to open war?" She seems distressed by this revelation.

"They've been trying to build cities where ours once stood. They attempt to send emissaries to convince us to take up with Elaine. We cannot just change our path whenever it fits our needs. We must remain steadfast in our traditions." He said.

Mai lowered her eyes to the ground. Would the humans believing them to be savages drive them into a conflict they could not conceal, which would bring all the humans' allies with them? Or could they continue their guerrilla campaign just a moment longer and save themselves from a fight that would doubtlessly cost much lives and much bloodshed?

Back
Top Bottom