What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rage of Creation: My latest combined worldbuiding project

You mean to contribute to the world?

Well, that depends. How much is humanity in contact with Baal?
The Inner Rings worship him outright while the Outer Rings try not to get his attention but he still has Iron Sorcerers there and those who feel the call of the Black Blood. He's that really scary psycho grandpaw that you don't want to attract the notice of. But again I barely know what the fuck I am doing so any suggestions and or ideas will be considered mister I actually have been writing a book unlike I the self loathing so I don't have to do anything moper.

The Inner Rings worship him outright while the Outer Rings try not to get his attention but he still has Iron Sorcerers there and those who feel the call of the Black Blood. He's that really scary psycho grandpaw that you don't want to attract the notice of. But again I barely know what the fuck I am doing so any suggestions and or ideas will be considered mister I actually have been writing a book unlike I the self loathing so I don't have to do anything moper.
Jeez, stop self-loathing and stop mentioning you self-loathe, it doesn't make it funnier.

And stop putting me on a pedestal, it doesn't make me feel good, it makes me feel like an asshole.

Anyway. I can't believe every single human being on the planet would agree with an eldritch god, whether he created them or not. A group of human mercenaries band together, each with their own reasons and motivations, and their own pasts to explore, in order to face off against an ultimately unstoppable force. We explore all of these characters as they gear up, get battle ready, and fight the many abominations below Baal's forces. Eventually, after a long journey that could span a few books, where we all get to make sure they're well-developed, they face Baal. What Baal does with them?

That's up to you.

Jeez, stop self-loathing and stop mentioning you self-loathe, it doesn't make it funnier.

And stop putting me on a pedestal, it doesn't make me feel good, it makes me feel like an asshole.

Anyway. I can't believe every single human being on the planet would agree with an eldritch god, whether he created them or not. A group of human mercenaries band together, each with their own reasons and motivations, and their own pasts to explore, in order to face off against an ultimately unstoppable force. We explore all of these characters as they gear up, Wget battle ready, and fight the many abominations below Baal's forces. Eventually, after a long journey that could span a few books, where we all get to make sure they're well-developed, they face Baal. What Baal does with them?

That's up to you.
They don't. The Inner Rings are the most like Bal in savagey and nature though they don't really kill each other as much as you would think as the Inner Rings are home to those of the Black Blood who are extremely powerful as for Bal he just swats them away and maybe offers them the Blood him and his forces have greater concerns with the war they are waging against the rest of the Dead Cosmos. To be clear the Outer Rings don't worship Bal and see him as well a Devil while the Inner Rings are where those that grow too powerful in the Black Blood go. Also I will stop if it's not funny and makes you uncomfortable.
Edit:In hindsight this is not the best answer to your questions on Bal worship or what he would do to said mercenaries.

Last edited:
A char bio for Teressa the priestess from my omake:

Name: Sister Teressa.
Appearance: Long curly black hair, white skin, blue eyes. She rarely does fancy styles with her hair, preferring to tie it into a low ponytail or a bun. She does like makeups in shades that compliment her skin tone so as to appear subtle on her skin. Dresses in a... dress with flowery shaped shoulder straps. Wears a wreath of flowers on her head. Her religion requires her to never cut her hair so it is quite long, she is a bit curvier because she has an administrative job where she mostly does clerical work and her body language tends to be open and relaxed around other peoples.
Background: Raised on stories of the goodness and grace of Elaine. She never knew what She was like before and didn't care. She was a dutiful girl who loved chores and her mommy. Teressa tried to earn her mommy's love yet never could no matter how hard she worked. Teressa joined a convent when she was 13 and was raised by Sisters of Elaine, who she gave her last name to, and became Sister Teressa. She counseled a girl named Mary who wanna become a Sister at their church because she is trans and her fam abandoned her.

A char bio for Teressa the priestess from my omake:

Name: Sister Teressa.
Appearance: Long curly black hair, white skin, blue eyes. She rarely does fancy styles with her hair, preferring to tie it into a low ponytail or a bun. She does like makeups in shades that compliment her skin tone so as to appear subtle on her skin. Dresses in a... dress with flowery shaped shoulder straps. Wears a wreath of flowers on her head. Her religion requires her to never cut her hair so it is quite long, she is a bit curvier because she has an administrative job where she mostly does clerical work and her body language tends to be open and relaxed around other peoples.
Background: Raised on stories of the goodness and grace of Elaine. She never knew what She was like before and didn't care. She was a dutiful girl who loved chores and her mommy. Teressa tried to earn her mommy's love yet never could no matter how hard she worked. Teressa joined a convent when she was 13 and was raised by Sisters of Elaine, who she gave her last name to, and became Sister Teressa. She counseled a girl named Mary who wanna become a Sister at their church because she is trans and her fam abandoned her.
With all the numerous horrors of the Dead Cosmos and everything else I don't think being trans would be a issue. That's my one thing to say that's bad the rest is good.

I just think it's a minor thing overall in this setting with everything going on but I don't want to be discouraging.

I dunno with how ppls treat me I might as well be the Inheritor of Lust Herself. Ha ha ha. :p 'Kay tho I suppose the revamped version is she met Mary thru an outreach program when she was homeless and addicted to drugs. The particular drug being one that she used to avoid eating and thinking about her situation, which resulted in her going a lil cray cray, malnourished and ending up in Teressa's care for medical reasons. @The Dark God

I dunno with how ppls treat me I might as well be the Inheritor of Lust Herself. Ha ha ha. :p 'Kay tho I suppose the revamped version is she met Mary thru an outreach program when she was homeless and addicted to drugs. The particular drug being one that she used to avoid eating and thinking about her situation, which resulted in her going a lil cray cray, malnourished and ending up in Teressa's care for medical reasons. @The Dark God
you write what is good for you and have a good time.

I'm writing my experiences @The Dark God. I have experiences being strung out on drugs, feeling starving and having to trust women who believe in God more than me. I mean, they're nice and everything, they definitely earn my trust. Anyway I'm writing from my experiences and the setting doesn't really make me 'happy' at all yet I feel like I need to work in a depressing evil world because this world is starting to feel depressing and nasty to me. It's a good kind of depressing to work in this setting. :)

I'm writing my experiences @The Dark God. I have experiences being strung out on drugs, feeling starving and having to trust women who believe in God more than me. I mean, they're nice and everything, they definitely earn my trust. Anyway I'm writing from my experiences and the setting doesn't really make me 'happy' at all yet I feel like I need to work in a depressing evil world because this world is starting to feel depressing and nasty to me. It's a good kind of depressing to work in this setting. :)
Have fun still count? In a feel good depressing way?

They don't. The Inner Rings are the most like Bal in savagey and nature though they don't really kill each other as much as you would think as the Inner Rings are home to those of the Black Blood who are extremely powerful as for Bal he just swats them away and maybe offers them the Blood him and his forces have greater concerns with the war they are waging against the rest of the Dead Cosmos. To be clear the Outer Rings don't worship Bal and see him as well a Devil while the Inner Rings are where those that grow too powerful in the Black Blood go. Also I will stop if it's not funny and makes you uncomfortable.
Edit:In hindsight this is not the best answer to your questions on Bal worship or what he would do to said mercenaries.
Hey, you could do the entire Slay thing, and have them be superhuman, explaining why they can fight their way all the way to the top.

Hey, you could do the entire Slay thing, and have them be superhuman, explaining why they can fight their way all the way to the top.
Yes but Bal is not really the main threat nor the bad guy for the Rings. He's the Shadow over everything because of his connection to everything on the Rings.

I mean there is the White Blood of Eliane and the Blood of that Pain Inheritor to use so this group could have magic but as they hunted down Adepts and full Iron Sorcerers they would discover along the way the various things they hunt and how Bal acts as a defense system for the Rings. They could by the time they reach him if they are that commited try to argue he should stop his brutal war path but they would have to admit that he and his forces are needed to protect the Rings.

Yes but Bal is not really the main threat nor the bad guy for the Rings. He's the Shadow over everything because of his connection to everything on the Rings.

I mean there is the White Blood of Eliane and the Blood of that Pain Inheritor to use so this group could have magic but as they hunted down Adepts and full Iron Sorcerers they would discover along the way the various things they hunt and how Bal acts as a defense system for the Rings. They could by the time they reach him if they are that commited try to argue he should stop his brutal war path but they would have to admit that he and his forces are needed to protect the Rings.
I suppose that would do.

What about if they were egotistical assholes like Slay who didn't care that he was needed for that and didn't care if their mission was suicidal?

Well there is a fair moral and ethical question if the protection and power Bal gives is worth the misery and pain he brings to the rest of the already shitty Dead Cosmos.
See? So what if?

The group of mercs would engage and attack, and whether or not their attack succeeds (probably not, because Bal is a central character) would depend on what you like.

See? So what if?

The group of mercs would engage and attack, and whether or not their attack succeeds (probably not, because Bal is a central character) would depend on what you like.
Well the main thing is surviving the innerRings. Those who dwell there do so because if they are not careful they would tear the Outer Rings apart.

Note In the rest of the Cosmos they don't care about how much mass destruction they unleash for most of them. You have the occasional Iron Sorcerer that tries to be more careful but most follow Bal example and obliterate to thier hearts content. Also it's not he's a central character but a Inheritor. He is part of the Flesh and Blood that makes up the Dead Cosmos.

Well the main thing is surviving the innerRings. Those who dwell there do so because if they are not careful they would tear the Outer Rings apart.

Note In the rest of the Cosmos they don't care about how much mass destruction they unleash for most of them. You have the occasional Iron Sorcerer that tries to be more careful but most follow Bal example and obliterate to thier hearts content. Also it's not he's a central character but a Inheritor. He is part of the Flesh and Blood that makes up the Dead Cosmos.
That's still a central character, you know that?

Yes but by definition all the Inheritors are. I just wanted it to be clear that their role in the cosmology is the reason why one of them would not be beaten instead of just plot nesseciaty
I suppose, but you know, that doesn't mean he can't be beaten by another character below him.

Just look at Slay's sword, it's a magical macguffin that can slay high-omniversal beings due to the very fact that it's a magical macguffin. His biggest problem is just that Alin is so far above him stat-wise that it really does not matter.

I suppose, but you know, that doesn't mean he can't be beaten by another character below him.

Just look at Slay's sword, it's a magical macguffin that can slay high-omniversal beings due to the very fact that it's a magical macguffin. His biggest problem is just that Alin is so far above him stat-wise that it really does not matter.
Can we not? The sword by what you descibe is giving me suggsverse vibes.

Back
Top Bottom