What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proud Boys, Brownshirts or just a generic fascist gang?

The very fact that Gavin McInnes, a professional troll and clown, gets confused for nefarious altright gang leader proves their targeting software has bugs in it.

An easy mistake to make when said person uploads a video where he says 'I started the gang called the proud boys", advocates for usage of political violence and has a history of jokes that are indistinguishable from actual neo-nazism due to Poes Law. And when your uploading speeches when you promise to promote people for "choking trannies" and doing the stuff below it's completely reasonable to take him at his word.

An easy mistake to make when said person uploads a video where he says 'I started the gang called the proud boys", advocates for usage of political violence and has a history of jokes that are indistinguishable from actual neo-nazism due to Poes Law. And when your uploading speeches when you promise to promote people for "choking trannies" and doing the stuff below it's completely reasonable to take him at his word.

Huh political violence couldn't happen to a worse person.

In a vacuum, that sounds bad.

When juxtaposed to him ranting about beards, creating a guide about fighting babies, making a video showing his baby is a racist against black people, shoving a dildo up his ass, making out with Milo Yiannapolous, dressing up in drag to complain about masculinity, and an entire career of being a shockjock, I personally get the impression that it was a bit, a joke, that spun out of his control because hey other people can join these clubs as they are independent organizations of people.

The Poe's Law comment only holds if you don't know the person's intent. Gavin is a clown. I've made that point repeatedly in this thread. It's a shame anybody takes his exaggerated, edgy jokes to be serious reflections of his character or politics. He's being outrageous for fame and money, which is not a crime. Poe's Law shouldn't be an excuse to settle with your first impressions of people.

When juxtaposed to him ranting about beards, creating a guide about fighting babies, making a video showing his baby is a racist against black people, shoving a dildo up his ass, making out with Milo Yiannapolous, dressing up in drag to complain about masculinity, and an entire career of being a shockjock, I personally get the impression that it was a bit, a joke, that spun out of his control.

The Poe's Law comment only holds if you don't know the person's intent. Gavin is a clown. I've made that point repeatedly in this thread. Poe's Law is not an excuse to settle with your first impressions.
He might have started trolling but it then become very real. And one can be a clown and humorous while being a shitbag or even doing things condictariey to what you think would fit their beliefs.

He might have started trolling but it then become very real.

You form a gang dedicated to not masturbating and getting girlfriends
That gang then helps you out at events because ANTIFA keeps showing up to threaten you
Videos circulate showing ANTIFA members getting beat up by Proud Boys, giving them good publicity in many parts of our society
Proudboy Chapters then begin opening up everywhere
People who hate ANTIFA then join the Proud Boys
Proud Boy chapters have started becoming more and more extreme and independent in their organization and motivation.
Gavin is now labeled a gang leader, banned from everything, being watched by the government, persona non-grata etc.

Like, this is a fucking hilarious turn of events to people that get it. It's basically a Monty Python sketch to me.

And one can be a clown and humorous while being a shitbag or even doing things condictariey to what you think would fit their beliefs.
As I said he's a slimeball.

When juxtaposed to him ranting about beards, creating a guide about fighting babies, making a video showing his baby is a racist against black people, shoving a dildo up his ass, making out with Milo Yiannapolous, dressing up in drag to complain about masculinity, and an entire career of being a shockjock, I personally get the impression that it was a bit, a joke, that spun out of his control because hey other people can join these clubs as they are independent organizations of people.

The Poe's Law comment only holds if you don't know the person's intent. Gavin is a clown. I've made that point repeatedly in this thread. It's a shame anybody takes his exaggerated, edgy jokes to be serious reflections of his character or politics. He's being outrageous for fame and money, which is not a crime. Poe's Law shouldn't be an excuse to settle with your first impressions of people.
The problem is that his followers took him too seriously, and the worst parts of him at that.

The problem is that his followers took him too seriously, and the worst parts of him at that.

Basically that it doesn't matter how "Ironic" or "not serious" or "it was just a joke" about it you are.

If the people listening take it serious than it doesn't matter how many claims to Irony or Jokes or Satire you throw out.

In this case as in all. The intention might have been irony and Humor.

But intentions mean dick. It only matters what you actually come off as and what influence you end up having.

As ya can tell its not good.

You form a gang dedicated to not masturbating and getting girlfriends
That gang then helps you out at events because ANTIFA keeps showing up to threaten you
Videos circulate showing ANTIFA members getting beat up by Proud Boys, giving them good publicity in many parts of our society
Proudboy Chapters then begin opening up everywhere
People who hate ANTIFA then join the Proud Boys
Proud Boy chapters have started becoming more and more extreme and independent in their organization and motivation.
Gavin is now labeled a gang leader, banned from everything, being watched by the government, persona non-grata etc.

Like, this is a fucking hilarious turn of events to people that get it. It's basically a Monty Python sketch to me.

As I said he's a slimeball.
And we are still left with he was a dick to be a dick.
Not helping him.

But his narrative and rehtoric and its effect on those around him is why he was deplatformed.
A few things because we're going in circles.
1. Do you think he's a white supremecist or altright gang leader?
2. What about media that inspires crimes? There's list right now of people who've committed murder because they were inspired by a book/movie/tv show. Ban that and everything similar?

Like this conversation is going off the tracks. What do you think I'm saying here?

Last edited:
A few things because we're going in circles.
1. Do you think he's a white supremecist or altright gang leader?
2. What about media that inspires crimes? There's list right now of people who've committed murder because they were inspired by a book/movie/tv show. Ban that and everything similar?

Like this conversation is going off the tracks. What do you think I'm saying here?
I think you are going for some kind of free speech and humor defense which I understand and the Media is a diverse entity with multiple factions and agnedes, while he on the other hand is a single person that we can look at the actions of his group and how he really does not seem to be doing much to stop them does he?
Being funny is not something only non racist, alt right, or whatever stupid you wish to put can be.
What are the actions of his group that he supports?

I think you are going for some kind of free speech and humor defense which I understand and the Media is a diverse entity with multiple factions and agnedes, while he on the other hand is a single person that we can look at the actions of his group and how he really does not seem to be doing much to stop them does he?
True. I guess I never put him "in charge" of that group. He started it as a bit, but it spun off to do its own thing.

True. I guess I never put him "in charge" of that group. He started it as a bit, but it spun off to do its own thing.
He seems to still be in support and acting like a asshole because others were mean to you can be understood but that comes with the cadvat you will learn and adapt, understanding why you are just making things worse and becoming terrible.
I am not seeing that.

He seems to still be in support and acting like a asshole because others were mean to you can be understood but that comes with the cadvat you will learn and adapt, understanding why you are just making things worse and becoming terrible.
I am not seeing that.
Well, he's not going to renounce the group because of a few bad apples. He's gotta maintain his punker image.

Anyway, I only brought this all up because people ITT actually thought he was a gang leader organizing his legion of brownshirts or whatever, and this deplatforming is somehow saying "see, we know what we're doing and who to target. You can trust us tech giants to responsibly use censorship against extremist"

This was literally a comedy bit that got too real and the tech companies are patting themselves on the back for "fixing a problem"

Well, he's not going to renounce the group because of a few bad apples. He's gotta maintain his punker image.
Your punker image means very little to the fact of alt right and such ideas becoming part of your orgainzaton and then you approve things like this https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/fraternal-order-alt-knights-foak
Alt-Knights
Really?
Its not funny, though its very on the nose and all about outright saying hey we are Alt-Right and that is a good thing.

Fair enough.
I fucking hate asshats like him because they use the fair trust others offer and burn it to the fucking ground, which leaves little for those who do deserve more respect and concern for just being a different view rather then a reactionary fuckwit or useful idiot.
Abusing social norms and hiding their shit under politish wording and tone manipulation games.

I fucking hate asshats like him because they use the fair trust others offer and burn it to the fucking ground, which leaves little for those who do deserve more respect and concern for just being a different view rather then a reactionary fuckwit or useful idiot.
Abusing social norms and hiding their shit under politish wording and tone manipulation games.

Essentially its the Neo Nazi MO take advantage of the fact that most people are Moderates aka fans of the status Quo, and will hope and assume that whatever you are doing is innocuous and not anything bad, Illegal, or radical. So when a Nazi does what Nazi's do The neo nazi will act all super innocent or Will deny any intentions to do such things and people wanting to keep the status quo will not even fucking entertain the notion that what they are doing is bad because of said Moderate status quo thing.

Essentially its the Neo Nazi MO take advantage of the fact that most people are Moderates aka fans of the status Quo, and will hope and assume that whatever you are doing is innocuous and not anything bad, Illegal, or radical. So when a Nazi does what Nazi's do The neo nazi will act all super innocent or Will deny any intentions to do such things and people wanting to keep the status quo will not even fucking entertain the notion that what they are doing is bad because of said Moderate status quo thing.
To be fair there is also the aspect of not wanting to go super parnaoid which the fuckers take advantage of.

Back
Top Bottom